Soaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was forced to watch "desperate housewives" the other night, and actually got a chuckle out of it.

yous guys should see what the sets for the soaps are made out of. they're these crappy pieces of dinged up furniture and carpets, and lamps and stuff. the walls and doors are flimsy and marked up. but after the stage hands get through moving the stuff in to place, painters and decorators come in and touch things up, set designers move stuff around and directors set up the camera angles and lighting so that everything looks like you imagine it. it's pretty amazing to see the props and scenery in person, how small the fake rooms are (the camera is decieving), and what's above and behind the scenery.

I never got into night-time soaps much. My mom was a big Dallas and Hotel fan.. and another one that Joan VanArk (sp?) was in. I can't think of the name. I never could stand that actress, and she's on my show now. I have been a big Y&R fan since I was about 12, pretty sad. :?

now I remember.. Knots Landing

I miss Days...........I used to watch it in Oz but we don't get it here :cry:

My grandmother lived without a tv until she was 70, and became a Days and Y &R addict!!!

the Marlene devil thing was soooooooooooo stoopid. Although the Stephano dying, coming back, dying again repeat a million times, got a bit stupid. My grandmother got fed up with that one!

Now I live in England I am addicted to Aussie soaps, Home and Away and Neighbours.

kyles said:
the Marlene devil thing was soooooooooooo stoopid. Although the Stephano dying, coming back, dying again repeat a million times, got a bit stupid. My grandmother got fed up with that one!

LOL.. Stephano is on The Bold And The Beautitful (that soap was kind of a spin-off of the Y&R--actors go from one to the other) now. I watch it when it's a rainy day and I'm bored. He plays Massimo Meroni and is currently in a coma. Ya know the big old-time night-time soap star, Joan Collins? Well, her sister (Jackie) plays Massimo's (Stephano) wife.. and I hate that part of the show. I think that's why I don't watch it much.

Juliev said:
I never got into night-time soaps much. My mom was a big Dallas and Hotel fan.. and another one that Joan VanArk (sp?) was in. I can't think of the name. I never could stand that actress, and she's on my show now. I have been a big Y&R fan since I was about 12, pretty sad. :?

I watch Y&R (and AMC & OLTL) and was terribly upset when VanArk showed up, I do not like her either, never did and now she is cornering one of my favorite characters on teh soap, ah well guess that's what it is all about.

I lived for soaps when I was a teen, only general hospital (gh), and all my children. I now watch all my children. I find our soaps to be crappy because I now watch Coronation Street, I love that show. It's an English soap, shown here via a canadian station. In our soaps everyone is gorgeous, in full make up, always have great jobs, dramatic...blahhhh. Coronation Street is about regular people, normal story lines, no full make up and gorgeous people. It's great.

norgeskog said:
Juliev said:

I watch Y&R (and AMC & OLTL) and was terribly upset when VanArk showed up, I do not like her either, never did and now she is cornering one of my favorite characters on teh soap, ah well guess that's what it is all about.

ughhh..that actress drives me batty.. must be the time of year.. lol. :roll: I think she is like Michael Jackson and had a dozen facial surgeries... goofy pointy little nose..and a mouth that has been plumped up a zillion times.

Back
Top Bottom