Sunday Special- Patent Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
?? Sunday Special- Patent Quiz

BLOOPERS IN POPULAR MOVIES

Movie: Kate & Leopold (2001)
Scene: Spectators on a bridge are waving American flags.
Blooper: The flags have 50 stars . . . in 1876.

Movie: Pulp Fiction (1994)
Scene: Vincent (John Travolta) and Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) are in an
apartment when someone bursts out of the bathroom and starts shooting at
them.
Blooper: The bullet holes are in the wall before the gunman starts shooting.

Did you know...
THERE WERE 135 PEOPLE ON THE BALLOT FOR GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA IN 2003.
(AHH-NOLD WON.)
>
>
> Patent Quiz-
> Match the invention with the year it was patented..............
>
> 1. "Improvement in the Method of Protecting Timber" (pressure treated
> lumber).
> 2. The "Clasp Locker", later to become known as the "Zipper".
> 3. A "velvet type fabric" - you know it as Velcro.
> 4. The first machine to show animated pictures or movies.
> Now called a "zoopraxiscope".
> 5. "Refrigeration Compartment"
> 6. The Traffic Light
> 7. "Engine Starting Devices" - the first self-starter for automobiles -
>
> 8. A "compound for culinary use" called margarine.
> 9. the ballpoint pen
> 10. Beverage can Pull-top opener
>
>
> A. 1923
> B. 1893
> C. 1938
> D. 1837
> E. 1871
> F. 1963
> G. 1927
> H. 1955
> I. 1867
> J. 1915
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> 1. -D
> 2. -B
> 3. -H
> 4. -I
> 5. -G
> 6. -A
> 7. -J
> 8. -E
> 9. -C
> 10. -F
>>
>>
>>

Movie: Kate & Leopold (2001)
Scene: Spectators on a bridge are waving American flags.
Blooper: The flags have 50 stars . . . in 1876.

Is that wrong? I thought your confederation was in 1776? Was that the 13 star flag? When did you get the 50 star flag? After the Civil war?

that was wrong, fer sher!!!

the movie takes place in 1876- there were only 38 states, colorado having become a state on august first.
We got four more states in 1889, two in 1890, one in 1896, one in 1907, and two in 1912.

We didn't get a fifty-star flag until 1959, when Alaska (#49) and Hawaii (#50) achieved statehood.

the 13- star flag, known as the Betsy Ross flag, dates to 1790's, when each star represented one of the original colonies / states.

Another Anachronism: Leopold is shown listening to Roebling make a speech in April 1876. The famous engineer had actually died a few weeks after the bridge was begun in 1869. It could be Roebling's son, Washington, but he was born and educated in the United States and would not be expected to speak with a German accent and didn't visit the construction site between 1872 and 1883.
LT

Last edited:
Movie bloopers, I love to spot those.

In Kingpin, Woody Harrelson plays a bowler with one hand, the other arm having a prosthetic. In one scene, he knocks the driver's-side rear-view mirror off with the prosthetic. In the next scene, the mirror is back.

In The Hunt for Red October, when the F-14 is making an emergency landing after having a mid-air collision with a Soviet Bear Bomber, watch the final approach carefully. The camera POV jumps just before the plane has a "ramp strike", and crashes into the deck short of the arresting wires. But, if you look, it's actually stock footage, probably from the Navy, of an F/A-18 having a ramp strike.

In True Lies, there is the big fight scene in a men's room at a mall. Someone walks into the bathroom and unloads most of a clip of ammunition from an AK-47. Watch closely when the camera POV goes to the inside of the stall Arnold was in. You can see the adhesive from the squib charges on the inside of the door.

that's great, Allen- I love 'em myself!

Probably the very first one that i caught myself was back in the sixties; the movie was "the night they raided minsky's".

you see the irish tenor on stage singinbg, and the camera goes back-stage to catch a conversation....... you can still hear the tenor singing, but there he is, about to light a cigaret by the stage door to the alley............ after that, i was hooked!

TV is a supermarket for bloopers. the first on i noticed was in the MASH series;
In the first season, Hawkeye mentions that his father lives in Vermont; in the later seasons his father lives in Crab Apple Cove, Maine and has never left there in 30 years.

In Seinfeld- Jerry's apartment in the first episode was on the fourth floor. Then in the next bunch of episodes it was 3A. It then changes to 5A for the remainder of the series.

I bet Jerry did that himself for the benefit of triviaholics and tv buffs.

I bet Jerry did that himself for the benefit of triviaholics and tv buffs
...and we bless him for it, if he did!!:)
Here's two from an earlier trivia post.............
Movie: Austin Powers: Goldmember (2002)
Scene: Austin’s plane is taxiing down the runway in Tokyo, Japan.
Blooper: The sign for the airport reads, “Toyko International Airport.”
Movie: Rumble in the Bronx (1996)
Scene: The chase scenes in and around the waters of New York harbor
Blooper: New York harbor is not, as the movie shows, surrounded by mountains. Vancouver, British Columbia, where the movie was shot, is.

A major TV blooper is Full House. In the first season, Jesse's last name is "Cochrane", but later changes to "Stepnanopolos" (sp?)

There's a blooper of sorts in Star Trek: TOS. I can't remember the name of the eppy, but it's the one where the blind girl has to telepathically meld with a Medusan to navigate the Enterprise outside the boundaries of the galaxy. She's wearing what looks like a veil of some kind, but is actually a sensor net. She told Kirk that she was standing one meter and X inches from a door. Why would you combine metric and English?

Back
Top Bottom