Sunday Supper, July 9th, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
So we marked one off our Bucket List.
A5 from Japan Wagyu Beef! with mushrooms and onions on the side, last of the cooked asparagus browned in the pan.
Everything they say about that beef is absolutely correct. Fork tender, melt in your mouth - your eyes pop with your first bite!
20230709_Wagyu a.jpg
20230709_wagyu b.jpg

That one steak was good for two. Neither of us ever had it before and neither of us will ever have it again. Like I said - crossed off the Bucket List! :D

I made a long forgotten dish..."15-Minute Garlicky Hoisin Shrimp with Mushrooms and Asparagus"...and then, we had Buttermilk Chocolate Cake for dessert. I promised to bake a cake for the guy that is "fixing" my new computer to be more to my liking...so I made 2...LOL. Yummy with some birthday cake ice cream - also homemade, but the ice cream was from a starter mix -- we ate dinner as we watched Friday's episode of AEW. Nice evening!

IMG_7506 (2).jpg

IMG_7509 (2).jpg

I haven't made a Thai curry lately, but I had the red curry paste made and in the freezer, and after hearing someone mention Thai curry, I had to make some!

I made a 50/50 mix of jasmine rice and millet and set that to cook, then started the curry. I cut up the vegetables, while the coconut milk was cooking down, then added the rest of the milk, followed by the fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime leaves, and the first veggies were the okra, onion chunks, and bottle gourd. This was cooked 10 min., then the eggplant pieces, and cooked for 10 more min. Then I fished the lime leaves out, corrected the seasonings with a little more palm sugar, then stirred in the basil leaves. Then I served it on some of that cooked jasmine rice and millet mix. The millet has such a mild flavor that the jasmine is still the main flavor.
First thing I did was set some 50/50 jasmine rice and millet to cook, before the Thai curry. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Starting the Thai curry, cooking down some of the coconut milk with the curry paste, until the oil separates. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The rest of the milk went in, then the lime leaves, fish sauce, and palm sugar, and mixed. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cut up bottle gourd and onion, in chucks, is cooked 10 minutes, then eggplant chunks, and cooked 10 more minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Lime leaves removed, then lime juice added, and Thai and Italian basils added last. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Thai curry, with bottle gourd, okra, onion, and eggplant cut up, served on the jasmine rice/millet mix. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We ordered Greek food. We shared an order of pikilia (variety of metzes) and DH had a chicken gyro pita and I had a pork souvlaki "stick". It was very good and there are leftovers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom