Weekend food 2024 May 25 supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What did you have?

I made a Danish lobster salad with the some of the lobster leftover from last weekend. It is served on toast, but being me, I had it on wholewheat toast. The dressing for that salad has mayo, crème fraiche, lots and lots of dill, parsley, and chives, lime juice, Dijon mustard, and roast asparagus (the recipe called for boiled asparagus, but I find boiled asparagus watery.) It's supposed to be an appetizer, but I don't care. I had it with crudités, hummus, black olives, and roast asparagus with a drizzle of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and grated Grana Padana, oh, and white wine. I really enjoyed that.

Lobster salad on wholewheat toast and crudités with hummus and lobster dressing as dips and ro...jpg
Lobster salad on wholewheat toast and pan roasted asparagus with grana padana.jpg

Fusion street tacos. SW spiced/cured roasted pork belly, sriracha mayo, avocado, pickled onions, and ginger-garlic-tamari-sesame oil-carrot-cabbage cole slaw.

I'm thinking hash or some kind of egg burrito or taco for breakfast with the rest of the pork belly in the morning.

20240525_181426.jpg

Some really good homemade BBQ pork (pulled) and brisket at one of my cousin's homes in Denver. There was some kale salad there, but I pretended it wasn't there. ;)

CD
I might have pretended that a kale salad wasn't there too. I rather like kale in soup, but that's pretty much the only way I enjoy it. I can sometimes tolerate it in other food, but salad? Doesn't sound likely.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom