What did you eat Saturday December 26, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I made beef soup with all pf yesterday's leftovers (cubed - roast, small baked potato, burgundy gravy, chives) and some new stuff (mushroom caps, frozen mixed veggies, Dry - lentils, split peas, navy beans, barley and tiny pasta shells), beef broth and an envelope of beefy onion soup mix. Cooked in the Instant Pot. I also had a small piece of buttered Italian bread. It was wonderful. No picture, but I will try to get one tomorrow.

Mom's Birthday today, she wanted lasagna, we had lasagna. Also dragged out the crudites and olives leftover from yesterday.

Couscous salad with cuban pork roast, red bell, corn, red onion, black beans, cilantro, and a cumin/garlic vinaigrette, with an avocado/red onion salad.

Attachments

• 2020-12-26 17.22.28.jpg
    2020-12-26 17.22.28.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 83
I finally had enough spoons to make a proper supper. I seared some strip loin and then sliced it into strips and seared some more. When it was done to a compromise doneness, I took the meat off the pan and sautéed some minced red onion in a splash of EVOO. Then I deglazed the pan with some red wine and reduced it. Then I added some thyme, fish sauce, Worcestershire, and a bit of cream. I finished it with a few pieces of cold butter. I served it with small beets in a lemon and butter sauce, and potatoes. Yes, some of those potatoes are pink. The skins were pink too. I won't buy those again. They taste fine, but they are nuisance to peel and eye. The flesh is different shades of pink and it's really hard to tell if it's just dark because the flesh is dark or because I found a bad spot. The potatoes are darker pink before they are boiled. I am pleased with how that meal turned out. We are both stuffed. Yes, there were more helpings.

Attachments

• PXL_20201227_003636694.jpg
    PXL_20201227_003636694.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20201227_003710953.jpg
    PXL_20201227_003710953.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 56
I made beef soup with all pf yesterday's leftovers (cubed - roast, small baked potato, burgundy gravy, chives) and some new stuff (mushroom caps, frozen mixed veggies, Dry - lentils, split peas, navy beans, barley and tiny pasta shells), beef broth and an envelope of beefy onion soup mix. Cooked in the Instant Pot. I also had a small piece of buttered Italian bread. It was wonderful. No picture, but I will try to get one tomorrow.

What’s your location,am I invited?

We had turkey sandwiches.
Jeannie had a standard sandwich, soft bread with lots of mayo. I had a Texas toast, open faced sandwich with gravy.

We each had sliced tomatoes and avocados with a spicy mayo topping.

Ice cream was dessert.

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom