What got you started cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
I remember taking a children's cake decorating class at the Community College when I was in Elemetary school. We also had some children's cookbooks. My 2 year old likes to help me "measure" out the flour and stuff. He ends up making a huge mess and I never know how much flour actually went it.
Coprazon,
I started Cade helping me make his favorite chocolate chip cookies at about a year and a half..He'd sit in the high chair and play with measureing spoons, then he graduated to standing on a kitchen chair, and helping me dump things in the bowl.. Now at 4 -1/2 he can tell me what to get out for the recipe, no Ma 2 eggs, not one:LOL: he uses the electric beaters, fetches the flour, sugar, etc and mixes everything as I stand and watch. He just asked me, how many of those cups with the handle do you use of the flour? I think the next baking session, I'm going to stand back and let him run with the recipe...We've passed the spill stage and are now a step away from using the oven:) Well not really, but, that too will come...So, just think your little one might be doing this too, in no time at all. It's so much fun, I don't mind the ooooopsies now and then.
kadesma:LOL:

I guess i got started because i kept on getting grounded as a kid and had nothing better to do.:mrgreen:

Seriously though, it was at a very young age because my mom and dad would involve me quite often in cooking. I had such an infatuation with making crusciki (angel wings), home made noodles (kluski), and my own version of spaetzle, (poppy spaetzle) after watching a friends mom make it, that it just brought my into many other areas of cooking i never thought i'd get into.
Then i pretty much was cooking 4+ out of 7 days at 12 y/o, because i was able to adapt more quickly to my parents health concerns from their doctor. And it's not that my mom was a bad cook either, but just very old school, and didn't understand the "allowed" and "in moderation" foods from the doctor. And the rest is history:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom