What's on your mind right now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starbucks... what should I order
I'm trying not to drink coffee...
It's been 5 days now. They do have a good apple drink maybe,
I'll get that.

This is spooky........Just called a cuz to meet us at Starbucks. Care to meet us there?

shannon in KS said:
I am getting cold feet about buying a house. It is STILL being remodeled, and in the month and a half of waiting..... It would be great to own a house, but my payment will go up so much that after putting the usual monthly $ in savings, retirement, college savings, and investments, then I am down to dang near living paycheck to paycheck. And then unwilling/unable to spend the money "make it homey". A house is an investment I know, but not sure if it is worth the unhappiness of feeling overstretched right now in my life? And I am a budget, plan-ahead, be financially prepared for anything FREAK! If I do not feel "safe and secure", it unnerves me! :ermm:

Have you signed any docs yet? If you haven't, you may be able to back out until you figure out your budget etc. I've never heard of waiting for a home to be remodeled PRIOR to taking posession, because my experience has been looking for a home that is ready to move into - or have the seller make necessary changes as agreed. If your heart is set on this particular home, you could take out a longer mortgage or put down a bigger down payment. Your lender can help you determine & give you a prequalifying(?) letter prior to the loan. Also, keep in mind, that rent will always increase -- your mortgage will decrease. The cost of living increases, as does salaries...then also consider the property taxes, closing costs, realtor fee (if any). Buying a home is one of the most important/costly(?) purchases you will ever make. Go slowly. Be sure it is what you want and can afford. If you're not "locked in" to this property contractually, I would still look at what is on the market. Also keep in mind, you may get back some on your annual income taxes.

mish said:
Have you signed any docs yet? If you haven't, you may be able to back out until you figure out your budget etc. I've never heard of waiting for a home to be remodeled PRIOR to taking posession, because my experience has been looking for a home that is ready to move into - or have the seller make necessary changes as agreed. If your heart is set on this particular home, you could take out a longer mortgage or put down a bigger down payment. Your lender can help you determine & give you a prequalifying(?) letter prior to the loan. Also, keep in mind, that rent will always increase -- your mortgage will decrease. The cost of living increases, as does salaries...then also consider the property taxes, closing costs, realtor fee (if any). Buying a home is one of the most important/costly(?) purchases you will ever make. Go slowly. Be sure it is what you want and can afford. If you're not "locked in" to this property contractually, I would still look at what is on the market. Also keep in mind, you may get back some on your annual income taxes.

Thanks Mish! Luckily, I work in the lending department at the bank! Whew, that saves a lot of stress knowing how stuff works! ($5,300 closing costs :ohmy: ) We financed the renovation of this home, so I know all the work he has put into it. But, like you said, cost of living (and salary) does go up... but I am thinking of waiting for the salary to go up (and save more) so I can maybe buy a newer house. This house is 115 years old, I kinda have to worry it may depreciate in value at this point... And another point you made, it is a very costly purchase!!! I want it to be a wise investment, but am unsure that it is!

wasabi said:
This is spooky........Just called a cuz to meet us at Starbucks. Care to meet us there?

oh poop! I didn't get this until now.
We were prbly sitting right next to each other
and didn't even know it. Bummer dude!:mad:

What's on my mind is that I'd better get my lesson plans done! I really don't want to be up until 2:00 or 3:00 doing them, as I still don't feel too great (kidney stone I think--not too bad though, just mild intermittent pain).

:) Barbara

I'm thinking that it's about time that something GOOD happened in Barbara's home!! Feel better soon Barbara!!!!!!

I am going to have to fix me something soon, I start looking like this when I am Hungry ! Notice me looking at my tummy ! :-p :LOL:

What is on my mind? It is 6:15 p.m. and James still hasn't picked me up from work. It is terribly windy outside. He had an interview up near Charlotte at 2:00 but should have been finished with that a long time ago. So, do I worry because he isn't here yet, or do I get mad or frustrated because he could be sitting at home asleep in his chair? He wasn't expecting me to be ready until 5:00, but that was over an hour ago. I want to go home!!! And I want my sweetie to be ok.

:ermm: Barbara

What's on the mind of the Big Dog?

Interview tomorrow. Let me provide a brief history of me.

I went to school for law enforcement. Have a BS in law enforcement. Applied to literally hundreds of departments in MN, to no avail. So, after a year or so, I decided it was time for a contingency plan. But what do I like doing, and what am I good at? The only real answer to that is cooking.

So, tomorrow I have an interview at an assisted living for seniors facility for a cook position. First time I've aggressively pursued alternative employment to law enforcement.

However, I just received a letter from a department saying I am invited for oral interviews. It seems like whenever I head in a different direction from LE, something draws me back. That said, last time I followed the LE part, and it fell through.

So, my mind is somewhat jumbled as to the interview and pursuit of culinary arts career versus continually pursuing law enforcement. I'm certainly going to the interview, at least to see what there is to see.

Nice thing about the cook job is it is literally 2, maybe 3 miles away from home! I could walk there if I wanted to!

Barbara, I hope everthing is okay with James! If he forgot, whoop him good!!
If he did a good interview, kiss him good!!

Bigdog, whatever you decide to do, I hope that it makes you happy. Good luck!!

Thanks pds and texasgirl. I didn't have any way to call him. He was late because of the interview. I guess it went well, but we don't quite trust the place. They seemed a little shady to us, and he would have to pay a few hundred for some training. He would have to get a license to sell insurance. Plus they said that he should put hundreds of signs up all over the place (on other people's property) and people would call based on those signs. Very weird, I think.

:) Barbara

Good luck, and I hope you make the right decisions. It's basically finding the leads. Sales is a tough business...I couldn't do it. Again, good luck and best wishes!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom