Your Partner's Idiosyncratic Foody Foibles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
My wife loves cheese but cannot eat it hot, she also eats fish heads but think I am crazy because I love roast parsons nose.
What are the strange foody desires or rejections of your partners.
PS HRH Fi nothing to graphics with regards to Mr Shrek.
PPs due to health concerns pregnant women must not eat computers.

I'm pretty sure eating comouters should be avoided by all, although I know from experiance that using a keyboard as a pillow and drooling on it in your sleep has little affect on it's ability to function.

My husband like Cool Ranch Doritos crushed and mixed into vanilla ice cream but thinks I'm weird because I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

DH doesn't like pepper, black, green, red, yellow,chili you name it. Over the last 29 years I've managed to sneak some into his diet and he's learned to like it in some things as long as he can't "see" it! If he finds a chunk of green pepper or flecks of black pepper it's a no go on eating it. He also hates mushrooms. There is only one dish with mushrooms he'll eat and that's my chicken with mushroom sauce. Sauce is cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. The mushrooms are small bits and don't look anything like a mushroom! Guess his problem is his vision and not his taste!!

DH doesn't like pepper, black, green, red, yellow,chili you name it. Over the last 29 years I've managed to sneak some into his diet and he's learned to like it in some things as long as he can't "see" it! If he finds a chunk of green pepper or flecks of black pepper it's a no go on eating it. He also hates mushrooms. There is only one dish with mushrooms he'll eat and that's my chicken with mushroom sauce. Sauce is cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. The mushrooms are small bits and don't look anything like a mushroom! Guess his problem is his vision and not his taste!!
The likes and dislikes you mention sound EXACTLY like my wife. No mushrooms. No peppers.

Maybe we should get them together. :LOL:

My husband will ruin food by putting ketchup all over it. I mean drench it in ketchup.

Then he'll take it and mix it all together. That's makes me so angry!!

My DH actually LIKES liver and onions and Brussels sprouts! Oh, the horror. Have tried for years to break him of this nasty habit, but he goes behind my back. He also goes to all-you-can-eat pizza buffets, scrapes off and eats only the topping and leaves the crusts, which, thinking about it, is the the best part. Except it's kind of embarrassing to see him leave this huge pile of empty pizza crusts.

Last edited:
My wife loves cheese but cannot eat it hot, she also eats fish heads but think I am crazy because I love roast parsons nose.

Shrek likes his tomato soup with milk and he puts sugar on his sliced tomatoes. He likes roasted squash with cinnamon and sugar on it...maybe I'm the one with the foibles...:LOL:

Bolas De Fraile said:

Bolas, how do you eat a fish head? Eyeballs, brains, teeth, nasal cavities, gills? I've had walleye cheeks, but couldn't imagine the whole head.

Bolas--are there any parsons left in your area who still have their noses? Sounds like a dangerous neighbourhood to live if one is a parson and you are nearby...

CWS4322 said:
Bolas--are there any parsons left in your area who still have their noses? Sounds like a dangerous neighbourhood to live if one is a parson and you are nearby...

My question as well, CW. And what about lay pastors and ministers? Are they at risk of losing their noses too?

Last edited:

My question as well, CW. And what about lay pastors and ministers? Are they at risk of losing their noses too?

Is it possible that a Parson's Nose (Pope's Nose) is regional to Wyoming and North Wales??? It's the turkey tail, my favorite part of the turkey.:ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Is it possible that a Parson's Nose (Pope's Nose) is regional to Wyoming and North Wales??? It's the turkey tail, my favorite part of the turkey.:ROFLMAO:

Think Grandpa called it the turkey's (vernacular). His favorite part too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom