"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Guess I'm proving that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I just turned the oven on to 425F to get ready to bake a dozen hamburger buns. Not the smartest thing to do when it's hotter than blazes outside but I just can't bring myself to buy what I've always made.

Good thing about this particular recipe is that the rolls only have to bake for about 10 minute, then the oven can be turned off. At least I had the sense to bake in the morning.

Beginning to smell good already.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #42
Master Chef

Bread

It's cold. It was raining. And we needed bread. Desperately. I could 1) put make-up and decent clothes on, and trek out in this slop or 2) dust off the bread machine, drag out the pastry board and a Bennington Pottery loaf pan, and bake bread.

I chose option 2:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-01 19.18.39.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	25469  

Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
It's cold. It was raining. And we needed bread. Desperately. I could 1) put make-up and decent clothes on, and trek out in this slop or 2) dust off the bread machine, drag out the pastry board and a Bennington Pottery loaf pan, and bake bread.

I chose option 2:
Looks delicious
Old 10-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #44
Master Chef

Thanks, GG. I think half the loaf is already gone. Planning on another, a whole wheat type, for tomorrow. Gonna use this flour (with some King Arthur's AP added in) that I got from an Amish general store in PA. )I also bought a couple pounds of white whole wheat) If things work out, we'll be hitting up the Amish store near Loverly's home during Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-10-01 23.12.20.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	25474  
Old 10-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #45
Master Chef

Three times! THREE times I took a photo. Each and every time it was a portrait. On my phone it looked "portrait". Same thing in my phone's gallery. And in both links to "Dropbox" on my laptop. Every. Single. Time.

I have no idea why DC wants my flour to lay down on the job, but it danged well better rise up tomorrow!

Just turn your screen to read it the right way.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

When I turn my screen, the photo flips sideways. It's pretty determined to lay down...
Old 10-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #47
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Yesterday I made apple pie, it's October and it just felt like the right thing to do.

Today I'm making honey oatmeal bread I like having homemade bread in the freezer, sliced and ready for toast or sandwiches, so I make a couple loaves at a time.

I'm also making parmesan garlic herb bread, I'm really looking forward to having this with dinner.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Three times! THREE times I took a photo. Each and every time it was a portrait. On my phone it looked "portrait". Same thing in my phone's gallery. And in both links to "Dropbox" on my laptop. Every. Single. Time.

I have no idea why DC wants my flour to lay down on the job, but it danged well better rise up tomorrow!

Just turn your screen to read it the right way.
btw, I have Photo Director on my phone. When I upload a pic that doesn't want to display correctly, I open it in PD and save, then upload the saved one. I don't know why that works, but it does. HTH.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #49
Master Chef

It displayed just fine everywhere (phone, tablet, laptop, Facebook-fer-cryin'-out-loud) except DC. I played it safe with today's loaf of French bread: I took a horizontal picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-10-02 18.19.17.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	25478  
Old 10-03-2016, 01:08 AM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
It displayed just fine everywhere (phone, tablet, laptop, Facebook-fer-cryin'-out-loud) except DC. I played it safe with today's loaf of French bread: I took a horizontal picture.
It's not showing up for me

Tags
baking