What are you Baking Today?|2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That used to be one of my favourite desserts...before I had to cut gluten and refined sugar out of my diet. I grew up on it. MMMM cinnamon ice cream is the perfect side!

I am going to have to find out a way to make it work! :)

Rice flour and honey maybe?

The plan for today is to make some corn muffins. Primarily for the chili that's for dinner tonight and also for future breakfasts.

I can never decide if corn or blueberry muffins are my favorite.

Today, No Knead Bread. Better yet, Pirate is going to be making it under my direction.

I made another loaf of no-knead bread yesterday. This one was almost two weeks old, so it had a nice sourdough flavor.

I forgot to slit the dough before baking it, but it was still pretty good ;)

Attachments

• 1477840565051.jpg
    1477840565051.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 1477840580843.jpg
    1477840580843.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 126
Made a batch of Mrs. Field's Flourless Brownies with chocolate ganache. Oh wow, it's so good.:heart:

Hopefully I'll have pictures by tomorrow. It's setting in the fridge right now.

I dunno what happened to Mrs. Field's, but I've always loved her recipes. Its been fun going through her books again.

Here's a pic of the flourless brownies.

63FxX85.jpg

Yum!

What was used for the "flour"? I've ground up roasted hazelnuts, am interested in other nut flours.

Have you tried almond flour or peanut flour?

I've used almond flour in my cranberry nut loaf (the recipe has pecans and almonds in it) which complimented it wonderfully.

I used the peanut flour for breading.

I haven't tried coconut flour yet but it would probably be great for shrimp.

Last edited:
I've used almond flour, hazelnut flour and coconut flour. Peanuts are inflammatory, so I'll not be trying that.

Just wondering what Smokeydoke used. Maybe ground walnuts?

Oh! Brownies made with a dark chocolate, coconut flour and chopped almonds...would be Mounds Brownies.

I've used almond flour, hazelnut flour and coconut flour. Peanuts are inflammatory, so I'll not be trying that.

Just wondering what Smokeydoke used. Maybe ground walnuts?

Oh! Brownies made with a dark chocolate, coconut flour and chopped almonds...would be Mounds Brownies.

That sounds fantastic!! Please Post recipe if it turns out good.

I've seen several mention Cast Iron Rolls. My "search" abilities obviously suck - is this a recipe posted here? I would love to see it!

Thank you Andy. I's apprecitates.

Copied and filed - just have to get an oven back.
hmmm, maybe I'll use smaller pans and try the toaster oven. :huh:

those are the exact words I used so don't know why it didn't come up. :ermm:

I was on a roll today making Christmas cookies using my Grandma's recipes. Then I decided I'd make her Limpa bread instead of white bread (they are out of bread--I don't eat bread, but I might have to taste-test the Limpa--love how it smells when it is baking).

Three batches of Christmas cookies off the list (and hidden away) (Grandma's brown sugar cookies--took me right back to her kitchen. Nailed that recipe), Canadian cookies, and Swedish Peppernuts (pepparkakor). Only four more kinds to go to fulfill the Scandinavian requirement to have seven different kinds. I know rosettes and krumkake will be made soon. That leaves "thumbprint" cookies and one other kind...maybe Spritz...maybe not. Still don't have my phone back (which means, no camera). Oh well. I only can bake when my Dad's out of the house--otherwise he hovers when I am in the kitchen and drives me crazy. Especially since I mix all the cookie dough first, chill what needs to be chilled, bake what I can bake without chilling. He does one thing at a time and is sooooooo bloody slow. He doesn't get it that I have worked in commercial kitchens and you don't necessarily do one thing from start to finish before starting something else.

I made some peanut butter cookies today. Instead of making the cross-hatch markings with a fork, I used the meat tenderizer on them. Kept it well floured Made for an interesting pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom