What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a couple loaves of banana bread out of the oven and a zweiback pie (yuk, but hubby loves them). Yesterday I made 3 mini batards for the Philly cheese steaks, 2 loaves of regular white bread and 4 dozen oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies.

well I wont bake them tonight, but I am going to stay up and make caramel rolls to have ready to throw in the oven for breakfast when DH gets home from work.
Shhhh it's a suprise.
As much as I love to get up super early.... I really only want to get up at 4am and make dough if I get PAID to! I'll do the work tonight!

Individual dark chocolate cream pies with graham cracker crusts, topped with freshly whipped cream.

I gotta go to work in a bit and bake a bazillion bagels.
Again.
and saturday
and sunday.
Bagel-rama!

I had to make another 5 dozen monkey bite muffin (chunky banana, chocolate, pineapple and pecan) becuase the last double batch mysteriously disappeared! Hopefully I can hide most of these in the freezer.

Sunday I'm demoing Heirloom tomato Shortcakes at the Freylinghausen Arboretum for the 2nd Annual Tomato Day, so today I have to make a whole bunch of biscuits! :chef:

Having company for a fish fry tonight and DD's b'day on Sunday, so I'll be making 4 loaves of Italian to cover both events. 2 braided and 2 slashed.

joev-albums-bread+album-picture851-italianbread.jpg

guess what???
MORE BAGELS!!!
oops there goes my oven timer...
I need a new job.

Does anyone get the Rhodes Bread newsletter? The recipe they sent out yesterday (?) was braided spaghetti bread!!!! It was regular spaghtetti, baked inside the bread. I am thinking this looks....... GOOD! I may have to try it today if my daughter will let me, LOL! Maybe she will want to take it to her slumber party?!!??! :LOL:

Rhodes Bake-N-Serv

I bought a crate of peaches today, so have made two batches of peach jam and
will have frozen baked fresh rhodes bread; and am making a peach cheesecake for
a shower tomorrow.
I need to learn this winter how to make bread, got the bread maker.
soup and homemade bread are the tops.
Have to give Ladycook61 credit for making a bread that is hard for her to
eat, but at least, their is an option to still have it. Great talent with those
bread makers Carolyn

It's a guessing game

What a delicious meal, great to be able to make ahead, what an organized cook. My experience with icing, is trial and error; if it's is too thick add
more nectar, if too thin add more powder sugar, it really is not that hard;
I like to add butter also. Carolyn

Hello! I am a newbie to this site and love everything I have read so far. Today I am cooking for lunch after church tomorrow. I have a pot of large lima butterbeans with chunky ham on the stovetop, potatoes for creamed spuds in the boiler, hard boiled eggs cooling on the sideboard for deviled eggs and cornbread in the oven. After that I am going to attempt my Grandmother Ladelle's Apricot Nectar Bundt Cake. My only difficulty is the "icing". My Grandmothers recipe just says to take a little bit of nectar and mix it with confectioners sugar and drizzle over the warm cake. I can't seem to get the proportions right for it to drizzle and still harden like I remember it. As near as I can remember, it is the consistency of the glaze you pour onto doughnuts. Any ideas?

thanks

Kat,

It's not my recipe. I got it from Emeril on the Food Network Website. I'm e-mailing you my variation on Emeril's basic Italian Bread Recipe. I like my procedure better than his as described on the Food Network website.

JoeV

Can you email me your variation too please Joe? Your breads and buns always look marvelous. I seem better off sticking to cake, but with the amount of bread we go through here I really want to start making more!

Sunday I'm demoing Heirloom tomato Shortcakes at the Freylinghausen Arboretum for the 2nd Annual Tomato Day, so today I have to make a whole bunch of biscuits! :chef:

ChefJune, these intrigue me! Do you just layer the biscuits with the tomatoes or do you add something creamy (sour cream or creme fraiche?)?

Can you email me your variation too please Joe? Your breads and buns always look marvelous. I seem better off sticking to cake, but with the amount of bread we go through here I really want to start making more!

E-mail sent. I'll tell DW that you said my buns look marvelous.
img_661740_0_85aabb3015459a6945209d5cbb34437f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom