What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked rolls for Philly Cheese Steak sammies today.

image-1936929472.jpg

I thought they might not turn out as the recipe I used was from the net and really called for more flour than it probably should have, I had decided to use my bread machine for mixing and kneading and noticed the dough seemed quite stiff, I did something that would have been IMO difficult had I been kneading by hand ( and I bet the real bakers around here will be horrified). I added water, it was pretty gummy looking at first, but the machine got it into a smooth ball before the kneading cycle was finished, I still had my doubts that it could be saved, but it started rising nicely and less than an hour later it was more than double, So I went ahead and shaped and let rise again and baked. DH thought they were great. They seemed fine to me, so all was not lost :)

Last edited:
bakechef said:
I've corrected "too stiff dough" plenty of times with added water, no harm done!

Oh BakeChef i am glad to hear that! I thought it was maybe a no no after the dough was already formed onto a ball. Good to know!

Thanks DL they weren't to bad!

Another cake order i completed today.Again red velvet with cream cheese frosting...and some herb garlic parmesan rolls i made to go with tonight's pasta dinner...

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 139
I never had lox. I think I'll buy a vacuum package of them some time. That's all they have around here. Or maybe I'll make my own.

The next order safely dispatched, a graduation cake made by me :)

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 179
We have been baking every night this week for Christmas candy sales; Pecan tarts, Marshmellow caramels, Nut clusters, Almond bark, Peppermint bark, Scottish toffee, Russian teacakes, Fudge & Bing bars.

The house smells great! I just pulled a loaf of Christmas fruit bread out of the oven. When it cools I will glaze it and decorate it with some candied fruit. :chef:

Then I will stare at it every time I walk into the kitchen. :pig:

Please Christmas don't be late! :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom