What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed out today in search of an electric pasta machine and ravioli mold to form them. Will experiment with it tonight using semolina flour. DD's birthday is coming up and she requested cheese ravioli (BOOOOORRRRRING!) So, I will be making those for her and DW, then making meat ravioli, spinach ravioli and crab with shrimp ravioli for me and her boyfriend. I've never made them before, but after 45 minutes of research online last night, I don't see any problem with cranking out some super raviolis. I'll mix the dough in my KitchenAid (see video) instead of by hand, then run it through the new machine. Plus, I will make Emeril's Italian bread recipe as well.

JoeV

Joe, have you thought of getting the pasta attachment for your KitchenAid? I have used one before and can't wait to get my own (I have the KA, just need the attachment). They also have a kit that has a pasta extruder, meat grinder and grater. Just a thought. Let us know how the raviolis turn out. I will trade you some for cupcakes! ;)

Joe, have you thought of getting the pasta attachment for your KitchenAid? I have used one before and can't wait to get my own (I have the KA, just need the attachment). They also have a kit that has a pasta extruder, meat grinder and grater. Just a thought. Let us know how the raviolis turn out. I will trade you some for cupcakes! ;)

Yes, Laurie, I considered the attachments, but the high cost is just not worth it for the few times each year the machine will get used. The table-top pasta makers have a smaller footprint, and are easier to loan out to someone if need be.

You're on for the pasta/cupcake swap. I'll meet you at the bridge and we'll trade.:LOL:

Would you believe that today I am making more cupcakes? Should be done today except for the banana ones as I am still needing tons more over ripe ones. Also need to do some cookies for SIL (or as I affectionately call him, the Garberator!!), diabetic treats for the border and gulten free somethings for DH.

Yesterday I made Martha's milk chocolate cookies (extremely rich and sooooo good), this morning I baked my favorite chocolate chip cookies (for dh to bring to his buddy's "manly-man-BBQ") and later on today I'm making either the Strawberry coffee cake merstar shared yesterday, or strawberry bread....or both - I have too many berries!

I made the strawberry bread and it sure is pretty! I made 2, so one can hang out in the freezer for a while. Think I'll make the coffee cake tomorrow.

Attachments

• bananabread.jpg
    bananabread.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom