How Do You Like Your Hot Dog???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife1 said:
Mine...

First it has to be cooked over a camp fire. Then,
put on a cheap white bun then,
smothered with ketchup, onions and sweet pickle relish.
[

You've got my vote!! :D

'Course you need a beer to go with that. Or even a big plastic cup of coke or pepsi with lots of ice. And tater chips...

John

ronjohn55 said:
pdswife1 said:
Mine...

First it has to be cooked over a camp fire. Then,
put on a cheap white bun then,
smothered with ketchup, onions and sweet pickle relish.
[

You've got my vote!! :D

'Course you need a beer to go with that. Or even a big plastic cup of coke or pepsi with lots of ice. And tater chips...

John

Sounds good to me John. And it should be followed up with hot chocolate and smores.!!

I like mine the best with chili,onions,and mustard with a bit of salt. I also like them with kraut and bacon. Steamed or grilled till I can see a bit of black. I always steamm my buns. I NEVER use Ketchup on a dog. NEVER :!: If I am in a hurry just stick a boiled dog in a steamed bun with some pickle relish and mustard.

I eat them rarely but if I do I like them grilled 'till their "poofy" in places and have a little black on them. I like the New England style rolls the best. A little ketchup is all I need if it's a really good weiner.

I like my hot dog to obey and stay in the package at the market. Just give me the bun, chili, mustard, ketchup, onions, cheese.

You guys once again have me licking my chops...

Regrettably, Canada isnot known for producing the great hot dogs that abound in the USA (there are a few, but far between!)

What I like better is hot Italian sausage, hot honey mustard, chopped red onion, sweet green relishon a toasted egg bun...Lifter

i don't like them, but when i''m starving i'll have one with mustard-plain yellow- and kraut. but only ones from the buthcher shop.

DampCharcoal said:
Here's one for the long-timers here. A hot dog split down the middle, stuffed with cheese and then wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven until bacon is crispy! Remember that one? :D 8)

I remember those!! It had to be velveeta cheese. My mother used to make them.

At home I usually fry them and serve with a choice of mustard, ketchup, pickles and sauerkraut. This is usually served with hard rolls, but sometimes soft ones.

An interesting way to eat a hot dog is in a hollowed out baguette. We saw this in Denmark for the first time and you can now find it here. The ketchup is squirted down the hole and then the hot dog is stuffed in. I have tried making this at home, but can't figure out how to get the hot dog into the bread without squishing it. Any tips?

Pam

Pam Leavy said:
DampCharcoal said:
Here's one for the long-timers here. A hot dog split down the middle, stuffed with cheese and then wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven until bacon is crispy! Remember that one? :D 8)

I remember those!! It had to be velveeta cheese. My mother used to make them.

At home................................
An interesting way to eat a hot dog is in a hollowed out baguette. We saw this in Denmark for the first time and you can now find it here. The ketchup is squirted down the hole and then the hot dog is stuffed in. I have tried making this at home, but can't figure out how to get the hot dog into the bread without squishing it. Any tips?

Pam

Chop the end off your broom handle and sharpen it up or any other suitable dowel. The die or bun should be turned (twisted) to start the hole, and the die must be shiny smooth or it will catch on the bread roll. The die should be at least a quarter bigger than the frank being inserted.

Have you any idea how ridiculous this sounds?

Sounds like 'zoom stick" instructions.

Look for a "Dinkum Dog". An Oz bloke took a bet that he couldn't sell a Hot Dog to the Americans, so he did, and made a million.

Great ideas - all of them.

Cheese and hot mustard are a must. After that, I love any topping - raw onion, relish, chili, kraut. I often have a hot dog (Essem) for breakfast. I'd love a roll, but will pass on it.

Lifter said:
You guys once again have me licking my chops...

Regrettably, Canada isnot known for producing the great hot dogs that abound in the USA (there are a few, but far between!)

What I like better is hot Italian sausage, hot honey mustard, chopped red onion, sweet green relishon a toasted egg bun...Lifter

IMO good and hot dog should not be said in the same sentance. Use some of the great sausages instead.

Back
Top Bottom