E-Readers, Suggestions and Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for looking, Alix.

I'm reading the Jakarta Pandemic. I need to get better lighting in my living room :^(
This will prompt me to fix the lamp that needs new guts. That will be cheaper than a $53 cover, lol.

Facepalm: Gutenberg, not Gugenheim.

Alix has info for signing up for library service

Windwalker's book actually does make Kindle life easier, I was a frustrated mess with just the manual that comes with the Kindle.

Last edited:
lol... facepalm.
I was wondering what the heck you meant.
Me facepalm, lol

pacanis said:
lol... facepalm.
I was wondering what the heck you meant.
Me facepalm, lol

Just meant I felt stupid for sending you on a wild goose chase with the wrong word! Mea culpa!

Hey, thanks Z!
I'm going to bookmark that. I'm holding hope I can download it, but for that price maybe I'll do both.

You're welcome. I figured you might like to have a hard copy since it's a favorite of yours.

Should we break off an e-book forum as previously suggested? It looks like there are plenty of us with e-book devices, and those who want to just comment on what they're reading are getting lost. I could talk Kindle, etc, all day long, but don't think it's fair to others. Admins?

Well, IMHO, it just strayed a little OT, like so many threads do.
If it was a reading forum I'd say break it off, but how many book forums does a food forum need?
Me getting a Kindle added a little pizzaz to an eight word per post (on average) thread ;)
JMO :)

vitauta - DTB = Dead Tree Books

pacanis - no can do with a PM. Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 166
pacanis said:
Well, IMHO, it just strayed a little OT, like so many threads do.
If it was a reading forum I'd say break it off, but how many book forums does a food forum need?
Me getting a Kindle added a little pizzaz to an eight word per post (on average) thread ;)
JMO :)

You, sir, are correct. But I would love to keep the e-book stuff coming.

Yes, it's a neat little unit. Too bad you can't mark a book as "read" though. I can't imagine purchasing a reference book and always getting taken to the last page I was on, when really I'd like it to open at the beginning, or table of contents. They say they are working on that, as there is a lot of requests for it. Maybe PF can weigh in on this. I remember her saying she has some medical reference books on hers.

I now, automatically hit search when I am using my reference books. it took me awhile to get used to it and I went through quite a few 4-letter words to get it to do what I wanted. I would love a tab system.

Back
Top Bottom