Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yards and yards of end of the month paperwork to get ready for the next month...I'll be glad when Tuesday gets here so I can get back to my novels.

Gallows lane

I'm now reading GALLOWS LANE (2008) by Brian McGilloway. This is the second book in his Garda Inspector Devlin series that takes place in Ireland. I've read and enjoyed his first book BORDERLANDS (2007) and plan to read the third book BLEED A RIVER DEEP (2009) soon.

Just started the Hawk and Fisher book by Simon Green, so far so good. I'm still waiting for DH to finish "Tuck" by Stephen Lawhead,once he's done I will drop everything else to read it.

Finished "The Death of Sweet Mister" and Winters Bone" by Daniel Woodrell, and now reading "When Autumn Leaves" by Amy S. Foster.

I have discovered Andrew Vachss' "Burke" series. He's a "shadowy, unlicensed investigator, ex con, criminal and deeply conflicted character " battling against child abusers and other issues.

There are 18 novels, I am on #5, so I have at least a month or three of reading left!

Vachss was one of the original lawyer writers... interesting looking dude,
has an eye patch.

I very much like the Burke character.. he has a 140 pound mastiff named Pansy and an interesting cast of supporting characters.
Quick, easy entertaining reads.

I have discovered Andrew Vachss' "Burke" series. He's a "shadowy, unlicensed investigator, ex con, criminal and deeply conflicted character " battling against child abusers and other issues.

Thanks for the rec! Always looking for something new to read.

Still getting through Hawke and Fisher, these are not page-turners like the other Simon Green series are, at least not for me.

Secrets to die for (2009)

I'm now reading SECRETS TO DIE FOR (2009) by L.J. Sellers. This is her second Detective Wade Jackson book. I've already read and enjoyed her first book in this series THE SEX CLUB.

without conscience by robert hare phd. the disturbing world of the psychopaths among us. another book same subject on way from amazon. i get on these tangents to know all i can about a subject. last was columbine shooting.

I just finished the Audiobook "Below Zero" by C J Box... part of a series about a State Game Warden.

Paperback: Every Crooked Nanny by Kathy Hogan Trochek - an ex-police woman, ex-private eye turned owner of a House cleaning service. Of course she gets involved in mysteries and murders in her daily cleaning life.

Back
Top Bottom