Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. It was on a rural road called The Snake River Line outside of the village I live in. My gf was driving. I just happened to have the camera in the car and made her stop and turn around so I could get a few shots...Something you would see in a Steven King Movie...The silence of the country side made it seem all the more eerie..

Skyline Drive, a few weeks ago.

9439068743_ccb2cb382a_h.jpg

The Inn @ Little Washington, impromptu stop/shot.

9439069613_c02ae8f155_h.jpg

Yup. Fried Green Plantains all mashed up with garlic, oil, pork cracklings, in this tall wooden vessel (a pilon), and what looks like a bat, think a giant mortar and pestle, but taller, deeper and wooden.

When I saw your pic of the Mofongo with Shrimp I thought "Man that looks good" But now that you have explained what's in it I realized I have had it. There is a little Paladar we go to all the time in Cuba that serves it. (although not so nicely presented) Over there it's called Fufu. :yum:

Yup. Fried Green Plantains all mashed up with garlic, oil, pork cracklings, in this tall wooden vessel (a pilon), and what looks like a bat, think a giant mortar and pestle, but taller, deeper and wooden.

Thanks, Tatt! I was trying to remember...now I want some. I think I may have a mofongo bat...I keep it by the front door.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom