What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix, where are you going on vacation? (I must have missed that.) Hope you have a great time!

Alix, where are you going on vacation? (I must have missed that.) Hope you have a great time!

Ken and I host a trip for his radio station every year. This year we are taking 30 listeners to Panama for a week! We leave March 20th and we will return in the wee hours of March 28th.

Westin Panama City Hotels: The Westin Playa Bonita Panama - Hotel Rooms at westin

We were a bit worried about the reviews at first since this Hotel only opened in December, but the reviews on Tripadvisor have consistently been improving. I'm excited!

Last edited:
I'm planning out my exercises and fasting menu so that I am skinny and light enough to fit into Alix's suitcase! :angel:

Well now that I don't need to pack 900 books into my suitcase you'll likely have lots of room! Bathing suits, sarongs and toiletries don't take up much room. You might have a tough time getting BACK though. I plan to shop a bit over there.

Well now that I don't need to pack 900 books into my suitcase you'll likely have lots of room! Bathing suits, sarongs and toiletries don't take up much room. You might have a tough time getting BACK though. I plan to shop a bit over there.
Who said anything about coming back? :rolleyes:

Dessert ROOM?!!!!!! Okay, this is a done deal! :chef:

(of course I am kidding....about not knowing about a "dessert room" not about going :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Getting ready to watch "Masters of Science Fiction" on the Science Fiction Channel @ 6pm, MST...the author being showcased is Robert A. Heinlein. Sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier!

Thank you so much all of you. I am trying to keep busy so I won't think of it.

My girlfriend in Atlanta just called me. Her daughter's father (her ex) is in Boston at Massachusetts General Hospital. If you are ever going to do a divorce, you need to take lessons from her and her ex. They did it right. Their primary concern at all times has been their daughter. He received word that he has a cancer that is just about incurable. The doctors in Atlanta do not know how to treat it and suggested strongly that he come up here where the doctors have had some success with his type of cancer. He has never met me, but Nance is always talking about me to him. Along with his daughter. Addie said this. Addie said that. You get the idea. Each time I have gone to Atlanta I have made the cake on back of the Hershey's cocoa can. They are still raving about it. So as a surprise, I am going to make one for him and send it to his hotel. His wife is with him. So he is not alone. If they decide to do surgery, Nance and their daughter will be coming to Boston. They did a biopsy today and his next appointment with his team of doctors and others is on Tuesday.

During the whole time my SIL was being treated for his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Nance sent him a humorous card every week without fail. My daughter and her husband looked forward to those cards. And the two have never met. My family keeps hearing me talk about Nance and visa versa. Robert has never met me either. It will be a surprise. I will just drop it off at the front desk at his hotel with a note. Keep the mystery going. I hope it cheers him up. :yum:

Last edited:
Cookies for dinner is a perfectly valid choice. I am an adult, and this adult chooses cookies.

This one cracked me up when I was a part of the work force. I'd go out to lunch with my friends. I'm not a sweets lover. I'd order whatever I wanted and could afford. But my friends would order salads, then huge deserts. Their salads were almost untouched. Then they'd pig out on the desert.

First of all, we were all barely making ends meet (secretaries at the Pentagon). I never understood why they didn't just order desert for lunch. I'm a Wino, and saved for these lunches. I just never got why they didn't just order a fantastic desert and eat it for lunch. We're talking a few times a year. Go for it!

Back
Top Bottom