What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just finished watching "Sunday Morning" on CBS with our morning coffee. It comes on so early that I record it weekly so we never miss it. It's such a quality program and too bad that so many miss it. The vast majority of their well produced segments are about GOOD news that seems so rare these days.

We just finished watching "Sunday Morning" on CBS with our morning coffee. It comes on so early that I record it weekly so we never miss it. It's such a quality program and too bad that so many miss it. The vast majority of their well produced segments are about GOOD news that seems so rare these days.

I have it set on reminder. It is an excellent show. Like you said, "Good News." It comes on here at 9 a.m. Charles Osgood was an excellent replacement for Charles Kerault. I love there closing shots of nature at work. Today it was the Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms with the Thomas Jefferson Memorial way off in the background. Excellent photography. :)

I have it set on reminder. It is an excellent show. Like you said, "Good News." It comes on here at 9 a.m. Charles Osgood was an excellent replacement for Charles Kerault. I love there closing shots of nature at work. Today it was the Washington D.C. Cherry Blossoms with the Thomas Jefferson Memorial way off in the background. Excellent photography. :)

The "moment of nature" is my weekly favorite part too Addie. In the old days of the program it seems they spent a minute or two and now it's only moments. Sadly, time is money. Although Charles Osgood is good, I still miss Charles Kerault something fierce. What a treasure he was!
The show airs here at 7am, sometimes earlier. :sleep: I love recording it to fast forward the zillions of commercials. ;)

There are moments when someone says something that leaves a person speechless. So all you can say with love is, "You twit!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I heard the cutest thing. If they combined youtube with twitter and facebook, it would be called 'You Twit Face'.
Your post reminded me of that.

I heard the cutest thing. If they combined youtube with twitter and facebook, it would be called 'You Twit Face'.
Your post reminded me of that.

Whenever one of my kids would do or say someting cute, "You twit" was said with laughter and love. :)

The "moment of nature" is my weekly favorite part too Addie. In the old days of the program it seems they spent a minute or two and now it's only moments. Sadly, time is money. Although Charles Osgood is good, I still miss Charles Kerault something fierce. What a treasure he was!
The show airs here at 7am, sometimes earlier. :sleep: I love recording it to fast forward the zillions of commercials. ;)

On Saturday night I go through the programming for Sunday and set the TV to flash a reminder of shows I want to watch. During weekdays, I pretty much just listen to the TV in the background. Then when a show comes on that I don't like, I immediately stop what I am doing and change the channel. Deal or No Deal is one show I can't stand. I hate shows where the audience is always screaming. I like Ellen, but her constant screaming audience turns me off right away. I have no taste when it comes to daytime television. Just something quiet please. Hallmark's movie channel fits me just fine. Nice and quiet sappy movies. :)

Was getting ready for bed and only have 1 nightshift left to go and the bosses knocked on our doors and sent us all home bcoz our open cut mine is now an open cut dam! Which we already knew since we sat there all night playing cards watching the constant down pour. So good news but the bus doesn't leave for another 12 hrs and the pub is shut for the first 10 of those!

Hope you don't/didn't have to wait to long, TL. And I hope the problem is easily fixable!

Well, the driver finally came to pick up all Dad's oxygen supplies. We had 8 portable tanks, the portable bag and "conserver" unit plus the big room concentrator. Besides the space it took up, it is good to have it all gone as it brought back tough memories each time I saw it in Dad's room. He was so reliant on all of that in the last two years.

I am also waiting for fondant to rest so I can start on cupcake decorations for a wedding cake I am doing for Saturday. My 4 students were scheduled to help me but "forgot it was spring break" and made other plans. But that's okay, the design is fairly easy and it is very satisfying work.

I'm decompressing and catching up on laundry after our wonderful trip, and marveling at all the beautiful flowers blooming away a month or so early. Took the day off work.

I'm waiting for a call to find out what's wrong with my new (used) car.

They have road tested the car several times. They looked at the computer and it thought it was out of gas. :wacko:

It was a bit low on gas, but I didn't know that the message telling me I had 150 km to empty meant that it was low. I thought it was just something it told me all the time - that if it was fuller it would say 700 km to empty or something like that.

I'll pick it up tomorrow. Today I am taking public transit to go see David Bowie in Labyrinth on a giant screen with friends.

Son #1 just left with Teddy Bear. It is a beutiful day out, so I have to go to the store myself. We spent the whole time he was here talking about jewelry. We have two jewelers in the family and he works for one of them stripping rings and other expensive pieces. I dropped enough hints about making me up a ring, even in silver is necessary with my birthstone and some side diamonds. I would settle for a sphire ring. They sell the metal and keep the stones. He has boxes filled with removed stones. Aquamarine is the most expensive stone they have. Even more expensive than diamonds. It looks like he didn't take the hint. Or he is keeping his council and will surprise me someday. That is one person that can keep a secret and really surprise you. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom