"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #11621
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yes, I saw it! Thanks PF!

How the heck did you not spend longer at Costco? You were like, in and out. Must be because ours is 45 minutes away, we spend hours.
I told Shrek to stay home, but no he had to go, since he's a kamikaze shopper, I don't stand a chance. I need to head over to the "Y" track and do a few laps before it gets dark.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #11622
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm waiting for a steak to thaw for dinner.
I really wanted wings, but no wings in the freezer.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #11623
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Eating dinner...
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #11624
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Eating dinner...
Lucky...
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #11625
Chef Extraordinaire

Today is the beginning of our holidays YAY!!

We are heading out to the cinema this afternoon to see Despicable Me 2 in 3D

Sadly I have woken up with swollen glands and a very heavy head, I so hope I am not getting a cold, although it certainly feels like it...it is my birthday on Wednesday too

Never mind, must soldier on and enjoy the holidays with Steve, regardless!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #11626
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Lucky...
I have two wings left...
Old 06-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #11627
Chef Extraordinaire

Heading out now to the movies
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #11628
Chef Extraordinaire

It is 4:30 a.m. and I am sitting here happy that I have two email addresses. One for stuff I want to receive and the other for all the junk. Facebook keeps sending me all the junk. I can delete it without even opening it.

My daughter called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat with her. It is not my favorite thing to do. The restaurants she likes to go to serve helpings just too large. I feel overwhelmed when they put the plate down in front of me that is overflowing. And I don't want takeout. I can go to BK for that. I just want to sit down to a meal that I can eat all of it, or most of it, and leave happy. I just wish more restaurants would allow me to order from the kids menu. Heaven knows I am short enough to qualify. I had to tell her I will think on it. Chinese food is definitely out. Not since the time I had the gall bladder attack. I am sick of Italian. I am thinking Kelly's up on Route #1. Seafood. They don't overflow the plate. Grant you it is paper plates and plastic forks, but you can't have everything in life. They overflow your plate with French Fries. But I don't eat them anyway. My daughter will take them home for pickings. The only drawback there is that they are soooo expensive. Most seafood is. An order of Haddock filets and cole slaw. I could ask them to hold the fries and give me a double slaw. I will have to run it by her.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #11629
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, sometimes when I'm not very hungry, I just order an appetizer and a salad. Hth.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #11630
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is 4:30 a.m. and I am sitting here happy that I have two email addresses. One for stuff I want to receive and the other for all the junk. Facebook keeps sending me all the junk. I can delete it without even opening it.

My daughter called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat with her. It is not my favorite thing to do. The restaurants she likes to go to serve helpings just too large. I feel overwhelmed when they put the plate down in front of me that is overflowing. And I don't want takeout. I can go to BK for that. I just want to sit down to a meal that I can eat all of it, or most of it, and leave happy. I just wish more restaurants would allow me to order from the kids menu. Heaven knows I am short enough to qualify. I had to tell her I will think on it. Chinese food is definitely out. Not since the time I had the gall bladder attack. I am sick of Italian. I am thinking Kelly's up on Route #1. Seafood. They don't overflow the plate. Grant you it is paper plates and plastic forks, but you can't have everything in life. They overflow your plate with French Fries. But I don't eat them anyway. My daughter will take them home for pickings. The only drawback there is that they are soooo expensive. Most seafood is. An order of Haddock filets and cole slaw. I could ask them to hold the fries and give me a double slaw. I will have to run it by her.
Be glad you have a daughter that wants to spend time with you!

Jump at every chance, don't worry about the food, focus on the company!

It's about making memories for both of you!