What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been spending the last hour+ listening to a bird with insomnia. Actually, it's some variety of night singing bird, probably a nightingale or mockingbird. Noisy as all get-out. He hasn't shut up for the entire time! From what I read, that describes the mockingbird. It's fun listening to him now, but I'll be glad I have good earplugs when I'm going to bed. :LOL: Then again, considering that both Himself and I both have been able to hear him even when the windows are closed, I'm not sure those earplugs will be good enough. :ermm:

I woke up, and don't know why. So, I'm rearranging and reorganizing my music book and restringing my Fender Stratocaster.

I'll be off to bed soon LOL!

I woke up, and don't know why. So, I'm rearranging and reorganizing my music book and restringing my Fender Stratocaster.

I'll be off to bed soon LOL!
You play guitar!? How impressive. I used to....when I was a singer/songwriter - not picked it up for ages.

So you play rock music then or do you compose? In a band?

You play guitar!? How impressive. I used to....when I was a singer/songwriter - not picked it up for ages.

I play and sing with both acoustic and electric. I play by ear. If I hear it, I can play it.

I was in a band years ago in the Army as lead singer/lead guitarist. It was a blast! We played in some clubs and had a ball!

I did have some original songs. Those were kinda cool, too. I play 60's - 70s stuff.

I play and sing with both acoustic and electric. I play by ear. If I hear it, I can play it.

I was in a band years ago in the Army as lead singer/lead guitarist. It was a blast! We played in some clubs and had a ball!

I did have some original songs. Those were kinda cool, too. I play 60's - 70s stuff.
There is at least one other musician here. In case you hadn't guessed from the name and avatar, Rocklobster is a musician.

Pf, I just saw your post of a week ago about the chest pains. I hope it was just a gas pain or something. After I had my heart surgery the doctor sent me home with orders not to do anything strenuous, like running the vacuum. That was in 2008, and DH is still doing it. Shhhhhh!

Angel Flight Mission

Today i flew a cancer patient to his appointment in Santa Monica. It was his first flight and he thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather was great, and the Pacific Coast is always beautiful.

Looked like it was a gorgeous day for flying, SC. Thank you again for all you do not only for the cancer patients, but for the doggies, too. :)

Not sure I am allowed to say what I am doing but here goes.

I have an established, online friend (he is a professional writer) and we have become friends with virtual benefits! ;)

We are currently sharing a sexploratory story :ohmy:

I write a bit and he adds to it...until we reach er, the end.
:blush:

Sitting here knowing I have to finish getting dressed so I can go to the store. Wondering "Don't we have a special thread for just our pets?

I have my new floor and it is thicker than the old rug. They have to come back and fix the thresh hole strip under my door. It is too thick and I can barely open my door. I could just get my file and file it down. But this is a fire door and I am not messing with it. I will call maintenance first thing Monday morning.

I love my new floor. It is so much lighter in color and is going to be a whole lot easier to keep clean. The room looks twice as large as it did before. Except for the fire door, I am one very happy camper. :angel:

Just got my Penzeys order with free gift box and free sample of Sandwich Sprinkle, along with two waterproof flashlights from Amazon for night snorkeling. I'm admiring both orders.

Isn't it funny how those little boxes of "stuff" can make us happy, Dawg? We got the replacement hose for our kitchen sink and I've had happy feet ever since!

I'm trying to talk myself into getting more stuff done around here today. Started washing window screens. Got three done. Eh, not going to be warm (above 60) for another week, so I guess I'll work at them bit by bit.

...Wondering "Don't we have a special thread for just our pets?...
Here ya go: Our pets

Just finished making 2 1/2 dozen chocolate pizzelle cookies. Tomorrow I'll sandwich them in pairs and fill them with chocolate mint filling. I'm waiting for the pizzelle iron to heat up again so I can make about a dozen and a half cannolis.

We've been invited to Glenn's son's home tomorrow for a meal and get-together and I hate coming empty-handed. Haven't made either pizzelles or cannoli in a long time so it's fun but I'm going to have to keep my paws, I mean spoon, out of the cannoli filling or there won't be any for the cookies.

It's good to be home. Sitting here enjoying a quiet cup of coffee alone.

Almost a weeks stay at the hotel (Not the Hotel Hell Type) it was very nice.
But, if you wanted a semi decent cup of coffee you had to go to the dining area to get it. Get a cup and have a smoke outside isn't my ideal way to wake up. Seriously don't even talk to me until I have a cup.:LOL:

It was an extremely nerve wracking trip. I'm very thankful that my husband made it home. He had to have this procedure done. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007201.htm

He was one in a few that suffered a near fatal reaction to the medications.
He fell unconscious for well over a minute. They had to inject him with a serum to counteract the the first injection. He told me he didn't even have time to tell him he was having extreme chest pains just as he was crashing. After they stabilized him, the tech came into the waiting room to get me. He looked visibly shaken. Gave me the look "This is serious!"

Just one look at him I knew things weren't good. He was so pale, dripping sweating profusely. They had us stay a few hours to keep an eye on him. He really shook up a lot of people even the Cardiologist.

When it was safe for him to go. We went back to the hotel. Booked our room for a few more nights just to recoup. Our nerves were shot. His body ached. It's bed rest, short walks around the house for a few more days for him.

Back
Top Bottom