What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been a busy morning - brought in my totes of Christmas decorations and started moving things around to replace with Christmas festivity. :santa: I moved the small table and several houseplants from in front of the living room window to make room for the tree. Daughter, SIL, and Tyler will be here soon, we're going to the Christmas tree lot to get our trees. I'm hoping to get one between 5 and 6 feet tall.

Beautiful day today, sunny and warm. What's everyone doing today? :)

Got a slipped belt in a tire on my pickup. I thought the bad carrier bearing was causing the vibration at 70 mph. Fixed that now it vibrates like hell at 40. Smooths out around 60. Pulled the rear tires and re balanced them. One tire stayed the same the other was off. Put them back on the pickup and no change. Put it on the lift and and ran it. I could see the one tire wobbling a little bit. Tires are worn down enough I cant get just one but got plenty of tread I don't want to buy all 4. I cant afford a $1,000 tire bill. I ll take it in to the tire shop monday and see what they say. Firestone transforce A/T with 20,000 miles on them.
Maybe I can find a used one. We wont be pulling the camper to KY this summer so even if all I can find is used P rated one I can throw it on the front and pull the camper around locally.

In other news. I was looking for goslings on hatchery websites. Them little suckers are expensive. I found a pair on facebook for $25. Suppose to be a mating pair. The price is way cheap either she don't know what she has or somethings up. They were selling for $25 APIECE at the auction. My luck they will both be male. Its a 4 hour round trip to go get them so figure in fuel I should have just got them at the auction. But heck I love a road trip.

Im in pain, I am soo much in pain I just want to go to sleep. What have I done, gingerbread, breads and clean the kitchen, not heavy or anything but I am just in so much pain today

Im in pain, I am soo much in pain I just want to go to sleep. What have I done, gingerbread, breads and clean the kitchen, not heavy or anything but I am just in so much pain today

So sorry, CP. More gentle {{{hugs}}}

Resting my body after falling while climbing my deck steps last night. No one ever waits for the person that uses a cane to walk. They just run in the house and leave me alone.

Refining my Christmas Eve/Day and New Years Eve/Day Menus and shopping lists to print out.

Hope you didn't break anything! I'm so clumsy, I can trip over a pebble while walking Beagle and break my ankle.

Just hanging out and watching cooking shows. We're getting more snow. DH just shoveled, and he is annoyed that there's more coming down.

Last edited:
Sure hope you feel better soon, MsM! Yikes....that's scary. Folks really shouldn't turn a blind eye to their neighbors. Could be them one day.

Speaking of which, it's a gorgeous sunny day today, approaching 70F. I took off my sweatshirt, put on a Tshirt, and just got back from taking my elderly neighbor out for a walk. Rather that than him walk alone, which he's inclined to do - he's still ambulatory but probably not for much longer.

Jon, I hope you get your truck problems done and over with soon. And yes, if you can make a nice road trip out of it that makes it better. :)

Cakepoet, sure hope tomorrow is a pain free day for you.

Going to make a little lunch and then finish with the holiday decorating at Casa de CJ. :)

Last edited:
Sure hope you feel better soon, MsM! Yikes....that's scary. Folks really shouldn't turn a blind eye to their neighbors. Could be them one day.

Speaking of which, it's a gorgeous sunny day today, approaching 70F. I took off my sweatshirt, put on a Tshirt, and just got back from taking my elderly neighbor out for a walk. Rather that than him walk alone, which he's inclined to do - he's still ambulatory but probably not for much longer.

Jon, I hope you get your truck problems done and over with soon. And yes, if you can make a nice road trip out of it that makes it better. :)

Cakepoet, sure hope tomorrow is a pain free day for you.

Going to make a little lunch and then finish with the holiday decorating at Casa de CJ. :)
Thank you BUT it isn't the neighbors it's family members that get out of the car and head for the door sometimes running past me.

I am sadly never painfree, I just hope for the normal tolerable pain.

I need to do Christmas, I so want my Christmas to be great. I have sausage to make on Tuesday.

I just don't understand why they can't slow down and take an extra minute to walk to the door or at least wait by the door till I get up the steps. ESPECIALLY when it's wet (the cane slips on wet surface), icy or snow.

I just don't understand why they can't slow down and take an extra minute to walk to the door or at least wait by the door till I get up the steps. ESPECIALLY when it's wet (the cane slips on wet surface), icy or snow.

I'm sorry that happened :( Are these your husband or your children? Call out to them. "I need your help, please!" They just need some training ;)

Retraining, GG? I say they need a good smack upside the head! :whistling:

Resting my body after falling while climbing my deck steps last night. No one ever waits for the person that uses a cane to walk. They just run in the house and leave me alone.

Refining my Christmas Eve/Day and New Years Eve/Day Menus and shopping lists to print out.
Aw MsM, I hope you feel less beat up really soon. :cry: It's about time you started to do less for the family until they can do more for you. Sometimes others forget about the "give and take" in a give-and-take relationship.

If I were you, Christmas would be hot dogs with pickle relish. Red and green. Should take care of the holiday decorating.

Hope you're all Ho-Ho-Whole again by Christmas, or at least as good as you can be.

I've been doing some decorating, too, today. I'm beginning to wonder why I have this compulsion to make this house look pretty when we're going back to spend the holidays with the kids. I guess I figure if I make the house look holiday-ish from the street, it will look less like the house is vacant for two weeks or more! :LOL:

msmofet, sorry you fell. I agree you should have a nice chat with your family members.

Cakepoet, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom