What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for being sweet, Cooking Goddess. I had to fuss at the man for driving across my septic lines. He offered to give me some orange cones, I told him I didn't need them, that he was the only one who took a joy ride around the house. Husband went ahead and locked it last night, but this is a ridiculously friendly county where everyone knows everyone, so normally these things do not happen, people saw our previous house burn and spoke to us, so they know we are willing to give them a tour. This man just simply acted badly. This is my photobucket of the construction. I took a few pictures a week, so there are only 83 pictures since maybe September (compared to my husband's 20 pictures a week). They are in order, so when you go there you may see the newest first: House Construction by Desert Dawn | Photobucket

Glad to hear all is good for you, Flour. Thanks for the pictures - I'll look at them later tonight.

I'm packing up the last of our things so we can shoehorn our stuff into Sally's trunk and hit the road for MA. So far Loverly and I had our good-byes last night and neither one of us teared up. We plan on stopping by to see her at work, so no promises about later. ;)

Meanwhile, Goober has been out-of-commission since after dinner Monday night. Not sure we want to see him seeing as how we just got over sicky crap. Nah, we'll stop by, if only to wave across the yard. :LOL:

I am waiting for a call-back from a dentist referral. My dentist doesn't do the "difficult" extractions on me because my teeth can crumble easily and this other dentist is a master at it. He took out two teeth last year in about 15 minutes! I mean I was in the chair for 15 minutes total!

I just want them all out and be done with it!

So, I apologize to GG and Taxy for last night with the vitamin C issue. I have decided I am not doing the review. I wasn't committed to it. All I got out of it was a free viewing of it with the offer of a purchase discount if I wrote a (good) review. I am still skeptical. And I appreciate all the input I got. :)

No need, LP. I hope you're feeling better today and get to the dentist really soon! Take care :heart:

No need, LP. I hope you're feeling better today and get to the dentist really soon! Take care :heart:

Thanks! I am going tomorrow morning to have the tooth extracted. Until then it is ice packs and Orajel with a few painkillers thrown in for good measure. ;)

Costco is still the winner. Best tasting, good size and good price.

We love Costco chickens; however, they started "seasoning" them differently and TB reacts so them so I have to get the ones at the store deli that are $1 more and about half the size.

Thanks! I am going tomorrow morning to have the tooth extracted. Until then it is ice packs and Orajel with a few painkillers thrown in for good measure. ;)
Hang in there and good luck.
We love Costco chickens; however, they started "seasoning" them differently and TB reacts so them so I have to get the ones at the store deli that are $1 more and about half the size.
Same here. Well, I read the ingredients, so I noticed. They used to be: chicken, salt. Now there is other stuff, including soy. :(

I just read the new rules for the Woman's March. No wooden supports for signs allowed, only cardboard. So Dawg, the Amazon warrior goddess, will fashion supports from the cardboard box from my recently obtained Dyson cordless vacuum. I'll break out the hot glue gun and layer strips of cardboard. Hopefully they'll be strong enough for our banner, and can be packed in my carryon.

Flour, I love the shape of your new home. Are you building on the same site as the home that burnt down? It looks like a one story. That will certainly save steps.
Good luck in your new home.

I just read the new rules for the Woman's March. No wooden supports for signs allowed, only cardboard. So Dawg, the Amazon warrior goddess, will fashion supports from the cardboard box from my recently obtained Dyson cordless vacuum. I'll break out the hot glue gun and layer strips of cardboard. Hopefully they'll be strong enough for our banner, and can be packed in my carryon.

I have cardboard in spades if you need more...

Addie, it is a one story with a tall ceiling over the living room and kitchen, and about 3-4 foot tall attic over the bathroom/bedrooms. There is only one step into the house. One quarter of the house is my kitchen. There is also a laundry/mudroom, very tiny living room, bathroom, bedroom, office/craft/spare bedroom. It is half the size of our old home but the fire down-sized us, and my cat died, so we think it'll be ok, just no more blow out parties lol. Oh and yes, the same site, but actually on the area behind where the original was so that we have parking area where the old house was.
Kinda like the Tardis in that it looks taller inside compared to how it looks from the outside.

Last edited:
oh wait, steps, as in to build?
-They dug out a trench for perimeter base. Made wood mold and filled with concrete.
-Attached a material that had been customized to be our balloon shell. The balloon was blown up.
-Sticky substance sprayed on the interior, then a foam substance, then rebar, then concrete sprayed on it- all in the interior.
-Plumbers and electricians did their work on the ground, and it all went underground, then the concrete for the floor was poured.
-Framing, windows, doors, drywall, paint, concrete floor dyed
-Next up is the trim, cabinets, outlet boxes, lighting, appliances, sinks, toilet put in.
So, it is almost finished. Process started on site middle of October, so it goes quick.

What a truly interesting house Flour! I love it! We recently visited New Mexico on vacation and I loved the architecture. I can't wait to see it furnished and finished. You must be getting very excited.

Hang in there and good luck.
Thanks, Taxy! It went well, though what I figured was going to happen did - the tooth snapped off in pieces and the roots were twisted around each other. However, not only did I not feel that numb feeling from being frozen, I am not feeling any pain. I took one of my painkillers 1/2 hour before the appointment and haven't taken any since. I slept several hours this afternoon and am ready to go back.

TB was great. He dropped me off at home so I could make his sandwiches for work, then went to the store to get some items for me. He came back with ginger ale, 2 cans of mushroom soup, one tetra of my favourite organic soup (cashew carrot ginger), a bag of assorted perogies, sour cream, and TWO 2L pails of frozen yogurt that I love in chocolate and vanilla! He also ordered a pizza from the place in the same mall for his own lunch. When I was finished making his work lunch he scooped me out a hefty bowl of chocolate and vanilla frozen yogurt! :wub:

Same here. Well, I read the ingredients, so I noticed. They used to be: chicken, salt. Now there is other stuff, including soy. :(
Yeah, that is what did it for us too. Why does everything suddenly have to have soy added?

Last edited:
LP, I'm glad your trip to the dentist was relatively uneventful. Happy healing! :heart:

...I took a few pictures a week, so there are only 83 pictures since maybe September (compared to my husband's 20 pictures a week). They are in order, so when you go there you may see the newest first: House Construction by Desert Dawn | Photobucket
Thanks so much for these photos, Flour! I love the creativity of the home's design. From the construction and all of the concrete, it looks like you and your DH can snuggle in no matter what rages outside! The floor finish is pretty neat, too, but will you also have rugs on it? I'm sure I would not want to be walking on only concrete all of the time - I have tender tootsies.

BTW, it took me so long to reply because I cannot open any links in a DC post on my tablet or cellphone. I saw your post shortly before we left our daughter's on Tuesday and didn't have enough time to look since we were close to leaving. I had to wait until I got home, settled in with my laptop, and then viewed them. Do you know how hard it was waiting? :LOL: It certainly was worth it, though. Thanks again.

No worries, Cooking Goddess, I totally understand.
Yes, I plan to have rugs. I actually do not sit on furniture at home, much, so I will need a rug to sit on/craft on/eat on. I also have a professional kitchen mat picked out to put in front of the area I plan to do mixing, cutting, rolling, or otherwise prepping.
I have been picking stuff since the house burned in June. I am -so- ready to finish this and get on with life lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom