What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotgarlic. Some one was throwing it out, this sofa has been in the "posh" room, most old houses in Sweden have one, it is for entertainment and not used that much during everyday. So this sofa has barely been used.

Thanks everyone, doing much better. The doc changed a med last week, despite my reluctance. I made an appointment yesterday, demanded my previous medication back and tossed the new one in the trash. I have not had a falling over incident or dizziness thus far this morning...
"No falling over..." THAT is a good thing! Thankfully, you are a proactive patient. Doctors don't always know best...

It's sunny out and I'm going to go put some flowers in the ground.
Honey, any day that you're the one putting flowers into the ground and someone else isn't putting you into the ground with them is a good day. :winkiss: You know the saying "any day on this side of the grass is a good one". Just take care of yourself so it stays that way.

Couple of dizzy spells today that went away quickly, not like yesterday's "spin fest".

Dad bought 60, 40-lb bags of composted steer manure...guess what we took out of the pick-up this morning... Planted more peas, beets, carrots and getting the two old propane Webers ready to be lettuce planters. Keep our greens out of the reach of the bunnies. Tired and getting ready to go to bed.

Thanks everyone, doing much better. The doc changed a med last week, despite my reluctance. I made an appointment yesterday, demanded my previous medication back and tossed the new one in the trash. I have not had a falling over incident or dizziness thus far this morning.

It's sunny out and I'm going to go put some flowers in the ground.

The only time I am happy about a change in my meds is when they remove one. That indicates I am doing better. So happy you are feeling up to snuff.

Just got done wiping off and tighting up the clothes lines. Can't wait to hang the sheets out. Then I am going down to our Farmers Market, today is opening day. :)

Couple of dizzy spells today that went away quickly, not like yesterday's "spin fest".

Dad bought 60, 40-lb bags of composted steer manure...guess what we took out of the pick-up this morning... Planted more peas, beets, carrots and getting the two old propane Webers ready to be lettuce planters. Keep our greens out of the reach of the bunnies. Tired and getting ready to go to bed.

The doctor agreed that the Ranexa was doing a number on me with dizzy spells. I couldn't even lay back in a chair without getting one. I still get them but only when I lay on my back. But little by little they are getting less and less and not as severe as they were at the beginning.

Please tell me you weren't helping with those bags of manure. I had a tenant that bought a very large terrarium. We had about two blocks from where we lived a facility that sterilized and chemically treated cow manure. So she got the bright idea of going there to see if they would sell her some. They gave her a small bucket of it. It had just arrived and not been treated. She brought it home and mixed it in with her plant dirt. Her husband came home from work, walked in the door and let out a yell! "What ever it is get rid of it NOW!!! So much for her bright idea.

I am cleaning the apartment top to bottom. Pirate is in a lot of pain today. The rainy weather plays havoc with his legs and feet due to the neuropathy. So he is no help today. And I really don't want to wait until he is better. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Last edited:
What a difference a day makes - already have most AM stuff done, except for breakfast dishes. Eating some yogurt and having a cup of coffee with it.

We were supposed to have our cable/internet/phone with Spectrum installed yesterday but the timing was right in the middle of all the storms so we rescheduled to 6pm today.

Of course I helped. A 74 year old and a 56 year old cardiac cripple...we almost make a complete person.

and what happened to all the "Please take care of yourself. We need you, Shrek, your Dad, your Mom." I take it one of the side effects of your meds is deaf ear? LOL

My friends tell me the same thing. :rolleyes: Don't do that! well, what? ... Life goes on :ermm: get over it.. :LOL:

DH and I are both still stumbling around after our return late night flight. It was a gorgeous, but cool day that DH spent in bed napping, and I zoned out in my chair. Need to root through the suitcases and do laundry. Eventually.

and what happened to all the "Please take care of yourself. We need you, Shrek, your Dad, your Mom." I take it one of the side effects of your meds is deaf ear? LOL

My friends tell me the same thing. :rolleyes: Don't do that! well, what? ... Life goes on :ermm: get over it.. :LOL:

When I got winded, I stopped.:rolleyes: That's why it's taking us so long to get the garden going, heck I just rest, Dad takes a nap. We got paste tomatoes, Spanish onions, Walla Walla Sweet onions and strawberries planted today. Soaker hoses placed, new plants watered and made giant mud puddles. I was up to my ankles in mud at one point. Fun and for me, relaxing.:)

Also got a trip into the garden center with Mom and we spent some money. I played with Jethro, more fun, he and I howled at the trains as they went by.

DH and I are both still stumbling around after our return late night flight. It was a gorgeous, but cool day that DH spent in bed napping, and I zoned out in my chair. Need to root through the suitcases and do laundry. Eventually.

As I tell Pirate, "Don't worry. It will be there tomorrow. Rest for now. We can do it when we both have some energy. Works for us.

Im making waffles and packing for a spring picnic, it will be fun, we are going to check out bird and wildlife.

Gearing up my nerve to go and master the alarm at the neighbours. Last time I tried it went off of course. Took for ever to correct all the while our ear drums were suffering. The alarm company even called the neighbours, in Europe. At least they hadn't gone to bed yet!

They forgot to tell me one essential thing... close the door while punching in the numbers. :ohmy::(:mad:

Gearing up my nerve to go and master the alarm at the neighbours. Last time I tried it went off of course. Took for ever to correct all the while our ear drums were suffering. The alarm company even called the neighbours, in Europe. At least they hadn't gone to bed yet!

They forgot to tell me one essential thing... close the door while punching in the numbers. :ohmy::(:mad:

I don't want to say anything except :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I got winded, I stopped.:rolleyes: That's why it's taking us so long to get the garden going, heck I just rest, Dad takes a nap. We got paste tomatoes, Spanish onions, Walla Walla Sweet onions and strawberries planted today. Soaker hoses placed, new plants watered and made giant mud puddles. I was up to my ankles in mud at one point. Fun and for me, relaxing.:)

Also got a trip into the garden center with Mom and we spent some money. I played with Jethro, more fun, he and I howled at the trains as they went by.

Walla Walla's originate from Washington state, just southeast of us. When things were less strict at the border we used to go down to Blaine and get gas, butter, milk, eggs and Walla Walla's. There was usually a veggie stand along the way that sold them from the farms. The ones in the grocery stores are good, but not as good as fresh grown!

My pain clinic taught us pacing. Work at something for as long as you can without straining to a max of 1/2 hour. Then, either rest or do a less strenuous task for another half hour. Then do something else (or rest if you didn't do that) then you can go back to the strenuous task but only for 30 minutes.

.....No, I rarely stick to it either! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom