What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting for my daughter, she's at the clinic for a Dr. Appt. Hard to believe she will be off to college in 18 days, empty nesters.?

The last I remember she was 14. I thought of her the other day when I was reading a news article about Salem, MA. The city that hung witches way back when. Is she still fascinated with witches?

She still is. Hope to get out there someday to vacation.
Hope all is well with you and your family, Addie!???

She still is. Hope to get out there someday to vacation.
Hope all is well with you and your family, Addie!???

Yah, we are doing well. Pirate now has full blown neuropathy as well as I do. He is not handling his very well. He is living in a continuous pity party. But it has ended his working days. Mine ended many years ago. And for that I am so thrilled. A few days ago he took a really bad fall and broke a rib. But he will survive.

It is so good to see you back. Did you and hubby sell your little luncheon place?

No, it was leased inside a wellness center. They ended up remodeling. The space is no longer there. We tried selling the name with the contacts & recipes but no go. Bittersweet ending.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope your daughter is well.

No, it was leased inside a wellness center. They ended up remodeling. The space is no longer there. We tried selling the name with the contacts & recipes but no go. Bittersweet ending.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope your daughter is well.

She is doing great. The brain tumor shrunk as much as it was going to with the chemo. Every three months she goes for an MRI and now it is measured in decimals (?). The doctors can hardly see it. It is shrinking on its own. But she will have to go for the MRIs for the rest of her life. She has retired and she and her husband are living the life of retirees. My youngest is living in Vermont and is practicing medicine in the ER. He was offered a partnership in the owning of the practice. But he turned it down. Too much politics and in-fighting with the other partners. So they made him head of the ER with a major pay increase. He is happy with that. He loves what he does. No one can ever ask for more than that.

I got a spanking brand new great-grandson last week. He weighed more than nine pounds. He is following in the male line. Blond hair and big bright blue eyes. That brings the count of grand and great grandkids up to 18. Too many for Christmas. Even for birthdays. Every month there are at least two birthdays.

I'm very happy for you. You are truly blessed with your family! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. You're kids are successful & you have every right to be very proud of them!! I continued to think about you & your daughter, continued prayers.?

I'm very happy for you. You are truly blessed with your family! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. You're kids are successful & you have every right to be very proud of them!! I continued to think about you & your daughter, continued prayers.?

Thank you so much. I honestly believe that it was all the prayers that gave us the happy ending.

Just got through grocery shopping, paying some bills, picking up prescriptions, and getting a new tire put on the car. Waiting for french fries to finish in the toaster oven for lunch along with some chicken thighs I picked up from Farm Fresh.

I just got done at work, 2 co-workers short today put a lot more work for everyone else.
I'm ready to go to the pool very soon.

I picked up a huge ham bone still loaded with meat from my sister today. It's waiting in the freezer for a soup pot in the cooler weather.

I have a best friend who is like a sister to me...we both love soups and enjoy making them. Whenever one of us makes soup they bring the other at least a quart jar of it...which gets the other one of us in the mood to make soup so we reciprocate.
I make a cold cucumber yogurt soup that she loves and she's been bugging me for a while now...maybe I'll make a big pot before my surgery date for her and I'll have some for the hospital...they don't have kosher food so I have to bring my own.

The annual farmers open golf tournament is Monday so we went out this morning for practice. The only 2 times a year I golf. Got 7 holes on then got rained on for the next 2. Went to the club house to return the cart and a bloody mary.

I'm off to have lunch with my younger daughter and deliver her some lamejun I bought from the Armenian market recently.

Disposing of more tomatoes from Kenneth's garden. I stopped at his house on Tuesday after grocery shopping. Picked up a huge sack of tomatoes (some green for frying), some cantaloupe and a small sugar baby watermelon.

The cantaloupe is gone and there are enough tomatoes to make a good-sized quantity of marinara that can go into the freezer.

The little watermelon will meet its fate some time this weekend.

Last edited:
Just got done at work. Relax for a little bit before running up to the hospital to see a friend

I have a best friend who is like a sister to me...we both love soups and enjoy making them. Whenever one of us makes soup they bring the other at least a quart jar of it...which gets the other one of us in the mood to make soup so we reciprocate.
I make a cold cucumber yogurt soup that she loves and she's been bugging me for a while now...maybe I'll make a big pot before my surgery date for her and I'll have some for the hospital...they don't have kosher food so I have to bring my own.

That is for one day. What about the rest of your hospital stay? Does your girlfriend cook kosher also?

One of the great things about all the hospitals in Boston, no matter what your religion, we have a hospital that caters to that particular belief. Catholic, Jewish, Baptist, etc.

I hope your friend feels better soon, simonbaker.

I have a best friend who is like a sister to me...we both love soups and enjoy making them. Whenever one of us makes soup they bring the other at least a quart jar of it...
I trade soup for services with a neighbor friend. Her daughter used to get our mail and take care of our kitty when we would go out-of-town. After our cat died, she decided that it wasn't as much fun just getting the mail. I paid the same anyway, so it wasn't about the pay. The mom said to me "I go right past your house at least twice a day. I'll just grab it and give it to you when you get home". I kiddingly told her I wasn't paying her since she was a grown-up. She wasn't expecting me to anyway! :LOL: But I knew she liked soup; since she worked she didn't make it from scratch. So I now exchange tubs of soup for mail pick-up service. Win-win.

Angel Flight/Pilots & Paws

Flew a 16 year old young lady and her mom to their home in CA Central Valley. She had her surgery at the age of 6, and has been flying at least twice a year for checkups.
To kill 2 birds with one stone, We flew a rescue female doberman back from the Central Valley to our home airport, where there is a Doberman rescue shelter nearby.
The dog was really good. Of course flying at 7500 feet made it sleepy LOL

Back
Top Bottom