"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #14711
Chef Extraordinaire

Happy I just got my computor back from the shop, now I am ready for bed & to tired to enjoy it!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #14712
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

OK. Kayelle, I follow your blog, and there is NO WAY you will be 70 next month. You need to recheck your birth certificate. My grandma was 70, a long time ago, and you don't look like my grandma!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #14713
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
OK. Kayelle, I follow your blog, and there is NO WAY you will be 70 next month. You need to recheck your birth certificate. My grandma was 70, a long time ago, and you don't look like my grandma!
Your check is in the mail Dawg...
Having another birthday always beats the alternative.

SMOOCH........

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #14714
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Last day of class tomorrow, so I'm ready for bed. Not looking forward to the drive home afterwards. It's going to be a long day.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #14715
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Drive safely, PF!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #14716
Chef Extraordinaire

Well PF, I finally got the message. I actually took my full dose of my Vicodin today. Two pills, tid. Not because of my foot. That is feeling much better. But because of my hip. Which is the original reason for the prescription. I am walking off balance to accommodate my foot and that has my hip bone grinding on itself. Bone on bone. Nothing was helping to relieve the pain once it started. Not even sitting or lying down to give my hip a rest. Once the pain started, it got real good. It took a while, but lesson finally learned.

For the past six years one of the main reasons I was taking them less frequently than prescribed was because I didn't want to become dependent on them for pain management. After all, I should be able to handle pain. I have always had a very high tolerance for pain. I always had in the back of my mind that if I only asked for refills less than was prescribed, it would let Winthrop know that I was not selling them on the street, (a BIG problem in Boston) and that I didn't really need them. Just occasionally when I over extended myself and ignored the obvious.

The Pirate once told me he could find pain meds on the street from an elderly person quicker than a dealer. Specially at the end of the month when their funds are running low. That is scary.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #14717
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Last day of class tomorrow, so I'm ready for bed. Not looking forward to the drive home afterwards. It's going to be a long day.
One for you and your travels. Stop frequently for rest and stretching. Will be waiting to hear you made it home safely!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #14718
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yes, that is what they are for, to help you move. Until you can weight bear on the toe, you should take them as often as you can, once you are moving better, then you can back off.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #14719
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
One for you and your travels. Stop frequently for rest and stretching. Will be waiting to hear you made it home safely!
It's only a 2 hour drive, but it is at the end of an 8 hour class day and I'm awake three hours before that. We will stop. Two older ladies riding in the car...we will have to stop to potty. Thanks, Addie!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #14720
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's only a 2 hour drive, but it is at the end of an 8 hour class day and I'm awake three hours before that. We will stop. Two older ladies riding in the car...we will have to stop to potty. Thanks, Addie!
Roll down the windows and start singing to the windshield!

...I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No dinky tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy!