What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm patting myself for getting out in slop weather to test drive some cars. I did stop at Enterprise. The manager apologized for my displeasure with what had been foisted upon us, then made mumbly agreeing noises when I said that the Akron location probably shipped the Trax to the much smaller office we went to just to get the car off of their hands. Our town's Enterprise probably has the same problem out of Worcester. [emoji38] He also said he would swap my vehicle out for the remainder of our rental, but all he had on the lot right then were sedans and a Dodge Minivan. I exclaimed "I love that minivan!". He thought I was going to take it, then I busted his bubble by telling him that I had owned 2 over a 16 year period and wasn't planning on buying one this time around. With the garbage weather coming our way I'm not going to be car shopping this weekend. I'll just keep the Trax until Monday and then return it.

I took out a 2014 RAV4 Limited, 30,000 miles, and every bell, whistle, and parade float you can hope for. "Driver 1/Driver 2" memory settings? I think I'm in love. [emoji813] However, the saleswoman did not get that impression when I was there, just that I thought it was a "very nice car, but I also really like that Santa Fe..." :whistling I also drove another Ford Escape. Sorry, GG, but that just isn't the vehicle for me. Glad you like it though! Ford does make great vehicles.

I hope to get out Friday to check out the Santa Fe again. And the Kia dealer (in the opposite direction) has a Sorento on their lot. The heavy rains that are predicted over the next two days just might wash my intentions down the drain.
No problem for me, CG! Good luck finding something you're happy with [emoji2]

No shopping today. Yuck, drizzly, blowing-rain kind of day. Granted I would have been the only one in any dealership that wasn't staff, but I just couldn't bring myself to leave my cozy home - full of dirty laundry. So I did laundry...and laundry...and more laundry. I do not understand why we come back with so much laundry when I keep up with it when we are at Loverly's. I swear the dirty clothes multiply in the luggage as we drive along. :brows:

No shopping today. Yuck, drizzly, blowing-rain kind of day. Granted I would have been the only one in any dealership that wasn't staff, but I just couldn't bring myself to leave my cozy home - full of dirty laundry. So I did laundry...and laundry...and more laundry. I do not understand why we come back with so much laundry when I keep up with it when we are at Loverly's. I swear the dirty clothes multiply in the luggage as we drive along. :brows:

Let me know if you find any single socks, A few of mine escaped the dryer. :rolleyes:

CD

Dear woman, most MEN don't know Jack about cars, so I was not making a sexist remark. :glare:

Yeah, the Chevy Trax is a POS, from my own personal experience. I completely agree with your assessment of that vehicle. I'm not a huge fan of the RAV4, either.

I do like the Kia Sportage, especially with the 2.0 Turbo and AWD. Roughly the same size as the Trax, but much, much better.

For rentals, I prefer Hertz, myself. With all the traveling I do, I get to pick my car from the "Five Star Gold" rows. That gives me a chance to try new things. I usually have at least 20 cars to choose from. I'm kind of partial to Ford Fusion hybrids, and the KIA Sportage I already mentioned. Next week in Scottsdale, my ride will be a Mercedes C-Class, for the price of a Malibu. Points. :cool:

I'm not a fan of Enterprise. When I rent cars for 100-plus days a year, I expect preferential treatment. From my own experience, they don't seem to agree.

CD

I have to agree with you. When I worked at the overhead door company, a call would come in from Enterprise, I would write "Wanna-Be Company". They treat their employees like crap, and that is passed on to their customers. My neighbor upstairs worked for them. That lasted about a month. She quit the day they told her that her outfits needed so much shorter. When she came home, I could hear her husband ranting and raving, and right so!

I have to agree with you. When I worked at the overhead door company, a call would come in from Enterprise, I would write "Wanna-Be Company". They treat their employees like crap...
On the other hand, I have a theatre friend who's worked for Enterprise for years and never had any complaints about treatment or anything. When it's a large company it's difficult to make a broad-sweeping comment like that. In many cases experiences vary widely from location to location.

Or maybe Enterprise really does suck. In many locations.

I had to rent a car this past summer when my truck was being fixed (I hit a deer going around 75 mph. Well, the deer wasn't initially going 75 mph, I was. Then he ran in front of my truck, and suddenly he was...).

Since I had to drive into the city and park on the streets every night, I asked for the additional insurance. Just the collision insurance to cover dings and scratches, nothing else.

When the bill came, there was about $80 worth of extra charges on my bill that I didn't authorize such as roadside assistance and GPS/satellite radio.

They refuse to remove the charges, so I'm letting my credit card company fight it out with them. I guess they're willing to lose a family of semi-yearly customers (when my family comes to visit, or we go to their houses in FL, DE, VA, and D.C., we've often rented from Enterprise). But I've heard similar complaints from everyone in my family about bad customer service, so no longer.

My experience, living in various parts of the country, is that branch management has a lot to do with customer satisfaction, in many businesses..

A manager of a store/business 'here' may not manage as efficiently as a manager 'there'.. Hopefully, over time, upper management will understand that they have the wrong person in change of a branch of their business..

Ross

Yes, that is certainly true. But this seems to happen across 4 or 5 states.

No big deal.That's how their competition might win, I guess.

The one we have here is located as well at the airport along with about 15 other car rentals. The have the smallest lot and it keeps getting smaller. I think the Port Authority is trying to get rid of them. Too many complaints.

I rented cars frequently for two years. I liked Enterprise best and used them a lot. I will admit it was always one specific office. I often got free upgrades. I used them again, same office, when my car was totalled two years later. It was great being greeted as a valued, remembered client. Still very helpful.

I am writing one of two product reviews for my blog and then when they are done, I am closing it down.

Why?

I just feel I have come to a point where I can walk away without regrets. I have a social media readership of well over 5,000 and my point of taking the stigma out of chronic illness has been made several times. I wanted to be a writer and I have fulfilled that quite well. I may go on to write a book, but that will be in my own time.

Now I will be able to spend more time with my other passion...baking!

If you bake more of those works of art cakes Lyd, be sure to post photos, OK?

Another day, another bit of car shopping. After sitting in a Kia Sportage and Sorento, and then a Hyundai Tuscon and Santa Fe, we can most assuredly say that the two brands do not compare. When checking out the Kias, with the driver's seat fully back and slightly reclined (with Himself sitting right where he would be if he were driving) I could not get into the seat behind him without cramming some body part. When trying to get into the Sportage, I had only my right foot in...and it immediately became trapped under the seat and I could not get my leg out because I was starting to get a charlie horse in my calf! :ROFLMAO: After yelping "move the seat forward!" twice, I rescued the foot. I didn't have any real additional room in the seat behind the driver in the Sorento, either.

We checked out a Hyundai Tuscon, then test drove a Santa Fe. Far roomier front and back, and more cargo space in the way-back. After taking it for his typical "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" test, Himself said "now I see why you've like the Santa Fe for three years". He still wants to test drive the RAV-4 I drove last week, but I'm thinking we'll be taking the Santa Fe home before too long.

Meanwhile, I talked with Loverly to find out how she's been getting along with Sally. She's very pleased with the car and amazed with the gas mileage, but said she never had a girl-named car. I have a feeling that Sally is due for a sex change...;)

Or maybe Enterprise really does suck. In many locations.

I had to rent a car this past summer when my truck was being fixed (I hit a deer going around 75 mph. Well, the deer wasn't initially going 75 mph, I was. Then he ran in front of my truck, and suddenly he was...).

Since I had to drive into the city and park on the streets every night, I asked for the additional insurance. Just the collision insurance to cover dings and scratches, nothing else.

When the bill came, there was about $80 worth of extra charges on my bill that I didn't authorize such as roadside assistance and GPS/satellite radio.

They refuse to remove the charges, so I'm letting my credit card company fight it out with them. I guess they're willing to lose a family of semi-yearly customers (when my family comes to visit, or we go to their houses in FL, DE, VA, and D.C., we've often rented from Enterprise). But I've heard similar complaints from everyone in my family about bad customer service, so no longer.

I can only go on my own experiences. Enterprise has a location a few miles from me. When I have a job in Houston, or OKC, or somewhere else where driving is more economical and expedient than flying, I rented from Enterprise.

I never got very good cars, and most had a whole lot of miles on them, but I was okay with that, because I didn't want to leave my car at the Airport when I picked up a rental car. They also made me fill out all kinds of paperwork every time I rented a car, as if I was a first time customer, instead of a forty-time customer. If they didn't have the car class I wanted, they said, "This is what we have, take it or leave it."

But, then Hertz opened up a location a few blocks from Enterprise, and Hertz is who I use when I fly to other cities and rent cars. And, to be honest, Hertz treats me like a rockstar. I'm a Five-Star Gold customer, so I just get off the plane, and go straight to my car. No paperwork. The same is true when at my local Hertz rental location. I walk in, show my Drivers License to prove it is me, and get in my car. No paperwork. The cars are newer, and if they don't have what I reserved, they give me something better than what I reserved. "We don't have any Toyota Corollas, will a Chrysler 300 be okay?" Um, let me think about that... yeah!

I do things for my best customers that I won't do for every customer. Hertz does that, too. Enterprise just never seemed to appreciate my continued business.

CD

Last edited:
Packing up my daughter's 2 week old Tristar Power Pot to return..

First week, perfect..

Second week, not holding pressure as its supposed to.. Did a turkey breast and it came out only OK.. Daughter called the mfg. and was told to take it back..

Back it goes and its up to daughter what she replaces it with..

Personally, when I move into my own apartment, I will choose an Instant Pot.. Not so much that other brands aren't good but, because I have noticed that most online conversations, blogs and recipes are about Instant Pot..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom