What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well taxy, here in Ontario, masks are no longer required (except for medical facilities).

Which leads me to think perhaps a lot of the call-in (grocers) can now save a bundle by putting those extra workers needed to other jobs or just plain let them go.

One of the large grocers I go to has Car pick-up. I see many employees going around filling baskets, and still, line-ups at the cash.

Automating the call-ins is just the next step?

Well, the automagic filling of the orders by machines is likely the way of the future. I don't really mind it in principle, if they can do it without laying off a bunch of workers. But, I'm not that interested until I can get the same level of specificity on my grocery orders. Make it possible to list the sorts of things I'm willing to accept as a substitution for out of stock items. Actually, Provigo is pretty good at that now, but they need to allow a wider range of choices for what to substitute with.

I have been using that specific IGA store for online ordering for years, from well before the pandemic started. I'm familiar with the delivery guy and the people who assemble the orders. Some of them have been working there since before I started ordering from them I do worry that they will be out of work. I guess that will be up to the individual store owners, since it's their budgets that will be affected.

I phoned to place my grocery order at 11:20 this morning. The call went to a message saying to leave name and number and they will get back to me. I'm still waiting for that call.

Healthy ice recipes

OMG.... If you are a fan of healthy recipes, you should really watch this video. It is trending on YouTube right now. Eating ice cream but healthy?! I made it myself and it tastes really delicious. Great for when you have small children and still want to put dessert on the table. HEALTHY ICE CREAM. Enjoy!
https://shrinke.me/0r2EEugB

I'm hoping. I'm praying. I'm recovering from spending quite a bit of time cleaning house for the last couple of days. About a month ago, the contractor we've used for a few jobs around the house (Dave) asked if we had a real estate agent we planned on using whenif we put this place up for sale. I told him we had a few people we planned on interviewing, but we would still consider other agents. Well, he said to forget the agent - would we be willing to sell our house privately? He said he thought that his son (Jeff) would like to buy our house. His son actually had seen it once, from the outside, when we had them come over to clean out our gutters years ago. They came over today. Jeff looked around and smiled a lot while Dave asked most of the questions (or pointed out the highlights of our house). At the end they asked what kind of $$ we were thinking of. I had already done a little digging about our house values, along with looking at similar houses in our area that recently sold. Also checked with a couple real estate lawyers to get a range of prices to do all the paperwork. Figured out what we would probably be asking with an agent to allow for the commission. Then when he asked I told him what our house value shows, what we would have to bump it up for a little wiggle room AND the fact that the market seems to be increasing daily...and then Dave came back with a counter-offer that was $10,000 more than I was wishing for! They said they were going to talk about it - I figured that meant Jeff talking it over with his wife - and get back to us in a few days. Oh Please! Oh Please! Oh Please want to buy our house!!!

If you're a praying person, send up a few prayers that the sale happens. Or send good thoughts out into the universe. Just crossing fingers for us would be appreciated. ;) And if you suddenly don't see me around (like that is gonna happen :LOL: ), just figure I'm busy packing. I sure hope this happens.

I phoned to place my grocery order at 11:20 this morning. The call went to a message saying to leave name and number and they will get back to me. I'm still waiting for that call.
Did they finally get back to you, taxy, or are you and Stirling going to starve? :ohmy: :D

CG, sending positive vibes about the house sale.

No, I still haven't heard back from the grocery store. I placed an order with a different store. I should call again and probably have to leave another message. IGA wants us to use a new "Voilà" service, that comes from a new, automated warehouse. But, the warehouse isn't selling wine or beer yet ("Coming soon") and they aren't going to call me and ask what kind of substitutions I want. I like the folks at the local store.

*sigh* Dave just got back to us. While Jeff loved the house, he wants more land than a half acre. Not much we can do about that - the property behind ours is a farmer's field that has been placed in conservation.

Sure was looking forward to avoiding the whole "put the house on the market" circus. Back to being ringmaster. LOL!

*sigh* Dave just got back to us. While Jeff loved the house, he wants more land than a half acre. Not much we can do about that - the property behind ours is a farmer's field that has been placed in conservation.

Sure was looking forward to avoiding the whole "put the house on the market" circus. Back to being ringmaster. LOL!

Bummer. :ermm::(

Well shucks!
I was getting so excited for you guys

Thanks, friends. I was kinda pouty all afternoon, but I've moved on. I've been cleaning out the clothes Himself has..grown out of? What do you actually call it when you've lost so much weight that your pants fall off your butt? Anyway, The Great Purge resumes. Now I have to figure out a way to motivate him to do the things I don't want to hire out. I'm seriously considering not doing his laundry or cook full meals. "Honey, you want shrimp and grits for supper? Patch those holes in the walls first." LOL!

CG, sorry for your news BUT... keep in mind, the fact your property looks out onto a preserved area should be a good selling point. What could be better than lots of land you don't have to maintain!

Hey, I'll patch the holes if I can have his share of the shrimp and grits!

Sorry to hear that fell through, CG. But, like dragn said, the fact that you are next to that preserved land should be a good selling point. And, at least around here, properties are being snapped up fast, with people bidding on things, which, a while back, never happened. Good luck, and hopefully quick luck!

BTW, did the holes get patched? :LOL:

Did I mention? up around here things are going for a lot more than asking.

Ask 400, you'll get close to 5. A lot of places you go see, then 4 days later they will start accepting offers. Highest one wins!

Places that were originally 5, they are asking 8. Mortgage rates were so low people were going crazy, but now comes the reckoning... mortgage rates are going up!

Our Community Garage Sale is this weekend and I have a few things that I want to get rid of

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

I also have a men's & women's 10 speed bicycle
A Wet/Dry Shop Vac
A Sit-Up Bench
and a folding chaise lounge

It took me all afternoon to gather all of this crap up, decide whether not it goes or stays and how much do I ask for them ...

PHEW

I'm pooped!

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

My Mom gave these to me, oh, probably pushing on 20 years ago now I'd bet.
In our last house in Southern Arizona, I had the farmhouse vibe kinda sorta.
It just kind of evolved over time with chickens, a basket of eggs, canisters of flour and sugar, a big red tin star, loads of baskets ... it was fun and inviting in our home, as it is here in Northern AZ.

Back
Top Bottom