"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #16381
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I forgot about that site! Going to have to show it to the nieces.
No waking them up to play!!!

Old 01-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #16382
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thanks, Cat. I think I'll be OK.
Hope you are feeling better Andy!! that nasty flu has been going around in a bad way. Take care!

Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #16383
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Hope you are feeling better Andy!! that nasty flu has been going around in a bad way. Take care!
Thanks. I really don't feel too bad. Just an occasional cough and a little chest tightness.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #16384
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Hi ~Cat!

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling fine, still having some problems with pain. But they are helping me out with that as much as they can. And Shrek forgot my teeth...so I am fairly harmless right now. Hugs, Fiona
I have been missing out a few days, still getting caught up. Hope you are healing up in a happy & positive way, or as happy & positive as it can get! Take it easy, let shrek take care of you, I'm sure he is good at it. He sounds very nuturing & caring. Keeping pressure on our incision,as you know, will help reduce the pain, especially when coughing or laughing My 10" front incision is healed up after last April. Funny how I can feel it from the inside when I lift to much weight. Take care!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #16385
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hi, Hi!! I am home. Had a nap and feel pretty good. It was nice to nap in my bed!
Welcome home! Glad to hear you are back home!!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #16386
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
No bell? Bummer. I'll bet you could find some "interesting" noises to play on your computer.

You aren't going shopping yet are you?
We at DC got together and are sending you a fluglehorn. It weighs under 9 pounds and works much better than a bell.

Enjoy!
Old 01-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #16387
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Okay, that is silly, Thanks!
It is. I have spent a too much time playing with that. I think it's designed for 3 year olds. I first got a link to it in the '90s.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #16388
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I think I'm coming down with pneumonia. I hope I can get in to see my doctor on Monday.
Oh no. Please, please get to your doctor! Mamma was very sick with this and she still is not very well. I'm thinking of you!

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #16389
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I thought you might be interested in these articles. It's amazing how busy our minds and bodies are while we're sleeping.

- What Happens When You Sleep - National Sleep Foundation

- The Healing Power of Sleep
Thank you! I'll look at these.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #16390
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Cat, my first reaction to when I become scared or worried is to get angry. Stupid, I know. And that is what I was feeling when Lakisha sent us the news. But I am glad to hear that you are getting real rest. And it wouldn't hurt you to take in some of that soup you made for Mama. Chicken soup has a lot of medicinal qualities when you are sick. When my daughter has pneumonia, she had two lobes that had fluid in them. I made a pot of broth for her and put it in a thermos and brought it to the hospital. The nurses had her take small sips and by day three, she was able to breath without the oxygen. The doctor said that it was the soup that made her want to fight back and get better. She had no idea that I had been sitting by her bed for more than 24 hours. It was when the nurse gave her that sip of the broth, that she started to recover. She knew I was there.

My goodness, you certainly have had an eventful visit with your parents. Never a dull moment in your home. If I show up at your door someday, turn me around and send me right back home. Too much excitement there.
Yes! Too much excitement! We'll never forget this visit, I'm afraid. I think it's too much to ask them to come back next year!

You are not stupid! I've been having very much broth and water and juice and eating lightly sometimes. I've been napping and sleeping very much and it is why I'm so very behind on everyone's postings here. I'm sorry to be so far behind.

Papa is leaving Monday and we have been talking so very much. Carl and Laki will leave today (it is early Sunday) to go back to the dorm and to home. So, I hope to be back to school maybe sometime of the 13th if I'm well. I should be well, I think. If not, I'll stay here until I can return.

I'll try to catch up here, but we all are much better and if I stop posting, a nap attack has revisited me.

Lucky for you all, yes?

With love to all of you,
~Cat