What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night I made some lemon frozen dessert bars. Today I'm making some crustless pumpkin pie from of our squash. 2 loads of my laundry is out and hanging on the line in the sun. Mr bliss went to his grand's basketball games. It's beautiful here today. I need to get out to the garden with the camera and snap some flower pictures.

Just stopped for the night in Lexington KY after checking out of the TN resort. Just checked into the dirtiest Marriott I have ever seen. I'm livid. I had to use sanitizing wipes to clean doorknobs, light switches, remote control, tabletops, etc. Even the TV screen was dirty. The bedding appears clean thankfully. I paid with points so it was free, but I'm sending an email with photos when we get home tomorrow.

20230930_164516.jpg

20230930_172201.jpg

20230930_163235.jpg

20230930_164557.jpg
20230930_165236.jpg
20230930_171530.jpg

I didn't clean the vents, walls, or lampshade. The dirt on that wipe is just from cleaning the light switches, doors and stuff.

Last edited:
Browsing the posts this morning - drinking coffee - and hoping the cat cage is big enough for 5 young chickens I'm picking up in a couple of hours. Guess I'd better get dressed and out the door! Hour there - hour back (traffic willing).

Browsing the posts this morning - drinking coffee - and hoping the cat cage is big enough for 5 young chickens I'm picking up in a couple of hours. Guess I'd better get dressed and out the door! Hour there - hour back (traffic willing).
Good luck!

Your post reminded me of those old chicken crates that have been ‘discovered’ by antique dealers and interior decorators. My grandmother would be horrified and amused that people would want those filthy things in their beautiful homes. 🤭

1696249955051.jpeg

Jusa, please post a review of that Marriott on Yelp. It may get the attention of management and also save some folks an unpleasant experience.
Sorry your lovely vacation ended on such a note.
Thanks but I've already been in touch with Marriott corporate. I left them a message on their website Saturday night explaining the situation and asking if they'd like the photos (there was nowhere to upload them) and received an email from them this morning stating they were mortified and embarrassed. They gave me a direct email to send the photos.

I also reviewed the photos with the front desk and housekeeping supervisor upon checkout. There was no manager on duty at the time but I obtained their email address and I am sending them the photos today. I want my points back.

I believe the management has known for quite some time about the issues but doesn't do anything about it. I generally read trip advisor before booking anywhere but this is Marriott and I'm a Bonvoy member. I've never stayed at a bad Marriott before until now.

I looked at trip advisor after and saw a lot of complaints about it being dirty and rundown. The management responded with apologies to the feedback for the posts so they know. I think corporate had no idea but they're about to.

Another good reason to RV!
smileys-camping-012488.gif
I've got all these points I've built up with Marriott for free stays through work travel. I never paid for accommodations. I need to use them at last once every 2 years I think to keep them from expiring. I'd love to RV but I don't have the money to buy or rent one.

I came home to a flat tire on my car yesterday (we took my husband's truck on our trip) so I'm sitting at the tire place waiting for them to fix it.

Ahhh, the reminiscing smells of the farm. Wet chicken poop smell on my hands. I've washed them twice and still smell it. LOL maybe it's just my nose! Did find a small egg in the crate after we transferred them to my brothers car. He kindly gave it to me, poop and all. Nice guy my bro!

Yesterday my Granddaughter spilled her yogurt in her lunch bag, so it was dutifully washed and put outside on the deck to dry.
Go pack you lunch hon' - time for school!
Grandma! help, the kitchen is full of ants!
Her damp bag had brought in the tiny little things that went everywhere as she was turning the outside back out. We ran with the hand vac trying to get them all, under the mat, up the cupboard doors, everywhere. Think we did a pretty good job but of course, just missed the last bell. Dropped them at the office. Sigh...

Guarantee SIL will find some when she gets home. :doh: She has a 'thing' about them since the tree came thru the roof and deposited a bunch in their bedroom. :rolleyes:

Yesterday my Granddaughter spilled her yogurt in her lunch bag, so it was dutifully washed and put outside on the deck to dry.
Go pack you lunch hon' - time for school!
Grandma! help, the kitchen is full of ants!
Her damp bag had brought in the tiny little things that went everywhere as she was turning the outside back out. We ran with the hand vac trying to get them all, under the mat, up the cupboard doors, everywhere. Think we did a pretty good job but of course, just missed the last bell. Dropped them at the office. Sigh...

Guarantee SIL will find some when she gets home. :doh: She has a 'thing' about them since the tree came thru the roof and deposited a bunch in their bedroom. :rolleyes:
Chocolate covered ants, anyone?

My grandparents had chickens. Lots of chickens. The best apple tree was the chickens' favorite place to roost. If I washed my hair, and then went to collect apples, I would end up getting chicken poop dropped on my hair. I'd wear a hat and the chicken poop would soak right through it. Ew. I took an umbrella out once and got flogged by an angry hen who obviously felt thwarted by my attempts to be chicken-poop free. It also did not matter what time I went for apples. One would be in the tree obviously waiting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom