What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dressing change is done, time to get ready for the day. Have a little shopping to do and medications to pick up. The apartment is a wreck, from not being at home for almost three weeks. Mail and magazines stacked everywhere. I may have to post my own "Tornado" Warning.

There you go again! :ROFLMAO:

Bit of change of plans today. The calendar said Glenn and I had appointments with the rheumatologist, so we got up early, washed our faces and combed our hair and drove the hour to the doctor's office.

We arrived a few minutes early and signed in. As I was doing so, the receptionist says, "Your appointments aren't until JULY 25th." Oops. Well we were early, reallllly early.

So since were already in town and we didn't want to waste the trip and being the totally reasonable people we are, we drove immediately to the old-fashioned ice cream parlor and had a decadent and delicious ice cream sundae. Well, what else were we to do?:rolleyes:

Oh, well, as long as we were where we were, we took the opportunity to stop at the butcher's and pick up some gorgeous oxtails, a heap of short ribs and two of the most beautiful 1 1/2-inch thick sirloin steaks. Plus....a huge bag of butcher's bones for Harley. Can't leave the dog out!!

Glenn's birthday is this weekend and the sirloin steaks will be just right for his birthday meal.

I'm still feeling a bit dumb about writing the appointment on the wrong calendar page, but we ended up having a lovely "vacation" day just fiddling around and enjoying the time out together.

Now, I have to get back to the real world and empty the clean dishes out of the dishwasher and fold the clothes that are dry on the clothesline.

Last edited:
Bit of change of plans today. The calendar said Glenn and I had appointments with the rheumatologist, so we got up early, washed our faces and combed our hair and drove the hour to the doctor's office.

We arrived a few minutes early and signed in. As I was doing so, the receptionist says, "Your appointments aren't until JULY 35th." Oops. Well we were early, reallllly early.
Is that August 4?

taxlady said:
Is that August 4?

:LOL: I really want summer to last as long as possible. I like July 35th. We can borrow days from January and February.

July 35 is kinda like a super leap year. It makes up for time you have lost waiting for doctor appointments. It happens every 5 the year.

Hello everyone :)

It is my birthday today...and yes, I do feel another day older :LOL:

This morning hubby and I are going to make my birthday cake with my new Mixmaster Hand Mixer :chef:

Then we are going to the pictures to see Brave in 3D, looking forward to seeing all the arrows flying around in the 3D...cool!

Then out to lunch and home for some a couple of beers this afternoon and then mum and her partner are picking us up and taking us out to dinner...wonderful birthday planned :)

Thanks so much LTS :)

I cant wait to start making my cake, but have to wait for hubby to get out of bed to give me my present, which is the Mixmaster :ROFLMAO:

He is on hoildays so I am letting him sleep in

Hello everyone :)

It is my birthday today...and yes, I do feel another day older :LOL:

This morning hubby and I are going to make my birthday cake with my new Mixmaster Hand Mixer :chef:

Then we are going to the pictures to see Brave in 3D, looking forward to seeing all the arrows flying around in the 3D...cool!

Then out to lunch and home for some a couple of beers this afternoon and then mum and her partner are picking us up and taking us out to dinner...wonderful birthday planned :)

Happy Birthday to YOU, Kylie!

grfk_birthday_385x284.jpg

I'm not doing too much at the moment. I fell asleep on the couch,
waiting for the dryer to finish. I feel like I haven't slept for a week.
I thought naps were supposed to revive you, not make you feel
worse.

Awww thank you VB :)

I too have noticed that naps make you feel a lot worse

We have just bought a lovely big leather lounge suite, it has 2 single recliners and a 2.5 lounge both with recliner action.

I fall asleep way too easily in them :LOL: Every time I am watching TV...I will fall asleep now, so funny :LOL:

Happy Birthday Kylie!!!

I am shortly taking off to the pool again. I am determined to learn how to lap swim. I had a swim lesson yesterday. I am still learning the coordination of breathing right along with floating, moving my arms & kicking correctly all at the same time.

Those kind of discussions usually end up with me getting roses the next day...:rolleyes:
They usually wind up with me getting less garlic than I'd like. My better half insists (hopes?) that 'all' that garlic will not make me live any longer. It's part of the price I gotta pay for marrying a Baden-Wurttemberger; but she does bake an outstanding Black Forest cake.

Last edited:
justplainbill said:
They usually wind up with me getting less garlic than I'd like. My better half insists (hopes?) that 'all' that garlic will not make me live any longer. It's part of the price I gotta pay for marrying a Baden-Wurttemberger; but she does bake an outstanding Black Forest cake.

Whew! A redeeming quality, and a good reason to keep her!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom