What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ex-gf's, taxy., just life knowledge, i guess. my knees are good, thank god. hockey players are nothing with bad knees. my injuries were always face, neck, and shoulder related.

i've lived with an aerobics instructor with an awesome figure but bad knees from billions of steps and stairmasters, and another girlfriend, a nurse, who was a curvy, tall girl who destroyed her knee in a moped accident in bermuda.

Last edited:
i'm sorry you wiped out, fee.

has your doc checked your meniscus? your patella is just a bone cap as you know, but when the meniscus or one of the three cruciate ligaments go, watch out.

can you do a soft tissue scan of a meniscus?

I have an appointment on Monday, but I'm fairly sure nothing is torn. I'm not having any trouble walking on it, it's not even swollen. We'll know in the morning when I wake up if I did more damage than I thought. I promise, if the knee swells up or becomes painful I will go get it checked before Monday!

Best thing about these falls is they all have a mechanical reason, I'm not getting light-headed or dizzy, just fall over my own feet and slip on ice.

also, look into the y angle of the knee in relation to your hips with a sports doc. women have a wider knee angle due to their hips (hubba hubba :cool:), so more stress is put on said knee ligaments and cartiledge.

That is only true of women who have carried to term. I've never carried long enough to have any hip widening happen.

That is only true of women who have carried to term. I've never carried long enough to have any hip widening happen.
I never carried to term either, but I have wide hips. I don't think they would have needed any widening. I had 37 inch hips when I weighed 114 lbs. Heck, I had hips when I was three.

I don't even have a waist...even when I am at proper weight. I still wear men's jeans, they fit me better than women's.

lol, just teasing.

there's been scientific studies that wide hipped females attract more men.

those with lesser badonka donk attract ogres. the good kind, though.

i'd better get my coat.

Been falling asleep in the recliner...yet again :LOL:

Also, I got all Steve's business shirts ironed etc and now enjoying a cup of coffee :)

lol, just teasing.

there's been scientific studies that wide hipped females attract more men.

those with lesser badonka donk attract ogres. the good kind, though.

i'd better get my coat.

THAT's how I ended up with him...I always wondered what the attraction was.

Getting ready for early bedtime. I fell again today, twisted my ankle on the edge of the sidewalk ended up face down in the grass (at least it wasn't concrete this time) banged up my right knee, again. Sprained my right hand and wrist. Not enough to not use it, just enough to make it ache more than usual.

Now that is a silly thing to do. You will do anything to get out of work. No more injuries for you. :ermm:

Taking a moment of quiet while Ken is out with the dog. Hoping to not have to put on the cone of shame today.

Trying to get up the energy to put the vacuum away. I managed to get the main room done yesterday. Now I need to do the smaller room. But that will have to wait. I kept getting chest pains yesterday trying to get this room done. Now I need to take a shower and head out the door on an errand.

Also I have been having pain in the graft on my wound. As crazy as that sounds, it is a good thing. I was told five years ago that there was so much damage in the wound that the nerves in that part of my leg were destroyed and would never grow again. The fact that I feel pain tells me that the nerves did grow and have reconnected. It is pain I can live with. My mantra is "I still have my leg." Can't tell you how many times they wanted to amputate.

Back
Top Bottom