What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went for a walk with my hubby and the pups. I have managed to go 3 days in a row! :)

Now I am working on menus for our Youth Groups annual service conference. I can't believe this is the eighth year! I am back organizing the meals (lunch and dinner Monday to Friday) for about 30 - 40 per meal and it feels great. I have lots and lots of help!

I am resisting the temptation to make meatballs after promising my planning partner that I would buy them. We are doing them three ways for one meal - sweet and sour, stroganoff and marinara for subs! :chef:

Went for a walk with my hubby and the pups. I have managed to go 3 days in a row! :)

Now I am working on menus for our Youth Groups annual service conference. I can't believe this is the eighth year! I am back organizing the meals (lunch and dinner Monday to Friday) for about 30 - 40 per meal and it feels great. I have lots and lots of help!

I am resisting the temptation to make meatballs after promising my planning partner that I would buy them. We are doing them three ways for one meal - sweet and sour, stroganoff and marinara for subs! :chef:

Oh! I found a roasted pineapple and habanero salsa that is divine on meatballs over rice. Not too hot! I was amazed.

The festival sounds like lots of fun, fiona! Looking forward to the pics. :) Kylie, glad you were able to get a nice walk, and that the weather was nice.

I'm just relaxing now out on the patio, with a glass of wine and a purry kitty in my lap. :) Had a busy day cleaning, still working on the den. Measured all the windows in the house today for new blinds, hoping to get them ordered this coming week.

Thanks Cheryl :)

Sounds like you have had a busy day!

What types of blinds are you going for?

Just waking up. Its been a busy weekend. Two late nights with the band. Up and at 'em early for house chores....I am groggy. In less than two hours I will be hurtling down a canyon on a zip line. That should wake me up....

I have my clothes laid out. As soon as the tem reaches 69 or above, I will go downstairs to the patio and sit with my needlework. Now if everyone leaves me alone.... :angel:

It never fails. Everytime I sit there, someone comes along and wants to talk. All I want to do is sit and sew. QUIETLY! And I am not one to be rude and tell them to bug off. Why oh why, can't I be as nasty as other folks. :huh:

You need to get yourself an Ipod with the ear phones. It works for my teeneage daughter. She can sit there seeming totally oblivious to the world around her, looking totally unaproachable. She has conditioned me to leave her alone.....:LOL:

You need to get yourself an Ipod with the ear phones. It works for my teeneage daughter. She can sit there seeming totally oblivious to the world around her, looking totally unaproachable. She has conditioned me to leave her alone.....:LOL:

When I first moved in here, I would sit down there doing my needlework. Sure enough someone would show up and not only want to know what I was sewing, but would snatch it right out of my hand. Now when they ask me, "What are you doing?" my answer is always the same. "Sitting quietly while I concentrate." It is the rudest I can get. And they get the hint. Or I light up a cigarette and they go and sit at another table. That always works. :ermm:

I have my clothes laid out. As soon as the tem reaches 69 or above, I will go downstairs to the patio and sit with my needlework. Now if everyone leaves me alone.... :angel:

It never fails. Everytime I sit there, someone comes along and wants to talk. All I want to do is sit and sew. QUIETLY! And I am not one to be rude and tell them to bug off. Why oh why, can't I be as nasty as other folks. :huh:

That's strange, Addie. I found that if I want to be left alone, do needlework. If I try to read, people try to talk to me. It's weird because I can talk and do needlework, but not talk and read.

You don't even need the Ipod--just get the headphones/set, pin the end that would plug into your Ipod in a pocket, and pretend to be listening to something. I used to do that on airplanes when you still got the headset--I'd put that on and pretend to be listening to music...

That's strange, Addie. I found that if I want to be left alone, do needlework. If I try to read, people try to talk to me. It's weird because I can talk and do needlework, but not talk and read.

The main reason I go down there is to sit and get out of my apartment. I just want some peace and quiet. I have the radio playing on WJIB. It plays music along the lines of Perry Como, young Tony Bennett, etc. To be honest most of the tenants here just want to gossip, ( I hate gossip!) or travel down Memory Lane. I live in the present. I have no desire to return to Memory Lane. And when I am sewing, I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "My grandmother tried to teach me how to do that. I wish I had paid attention." This is just one of the constant remarks I have heard for the past four years. Over and over.

I know I sound like a snob. But I just want a quiet life without any hassles. These folks have less than I do in their lives. And if it isn't Italian, then it is not worth talking about. I am a very private person. I am not always willing to share what is going on in my life right now. Maybe someday I will find an equal playing field. But it is not just now. :)

Yesterday was spent in the garden. Today I'm in the kitchen processing stuff for the freezer. The tomatoes haven't started yet, the beans have backed off (between first blossoms setting and 2nd). But, the Swiss Chard.........

i just finished stripping and relaying sisal carpet on the big cat post in the house. the one that the cats use rather than hear dw do her deathly screech.

for $10 it looks brandy new. the cats can gack away until their claws are satiated.

then they eat, crap, and go back to sleep.

what a life.

Just got home from a day of zip lining over on the Quebec side. Slow roasting a pork belly. Think a couple of beer and bit of tv will be good. It's been a busy day already.
canyonzip.jpg

:ohmy: Rocklobster, you are a brave soul, more so than I could ever be! That's some beautiful scenery there.

Back
Top Bottom