"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #321
Chef Extraordinaire

Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I thought I'd start a thread about nothing (ala Seinfeld ).
I know there are times I do something and have no one to share it with, no matter how mundane. And I don't do the FB thing, all though I certainly get spammed enough from them. Probably from someone's email list that I'm on
So if you join in fine, if you read along fine, if you put this thread on your ignore list, well that's fine, too

So tonight I'll be "doing" this.

Attachment 11380

I found this sucker under the eave of my chicken coop when I went to check on their water. I'm lucky I didn't bump the coop with the lawn mower earlier today It's quite active, but I'm hoping to deactivate it after it gets dark
Paint the ceiling of your outside ceilings green. It is the one color that stinging critters don't go for. Do you know of any green flower that has nectar in it?

Oh, and for those of you who might get stung unintentionally, a paste of MSG will take the sting away immediately and loosen the stinger. My daughter called me sobbing with pain one summer day. I gave her the remedy and now I am the godess of all the world. I have finally convinced her that "Mothers, not fathers, do know everything."

Old 11-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #322
Chef Extraordinaire

Great tips, Addie.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #323
Executive Chef

Quote:
Great tips, Addie.
So, did you get rid of that nasty looking bees nest? I hope so, without any stings. I have perpetual wasps on my property. They build nests everywhere! I use the long range bee spray on the nests.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #324
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Spent the better part of the day wrapping Christmas presents and packing the boxes that need to be shipped, printed out the USPS shipping labels and have the boxes by the door ready to take to the post office.

I was quite surprised at the difference in cost between USPS and UPS to ship these packages. I did everything online and was pleased to discover that the postal service offers a 15% discount if you pay for and print your postage using their online service. Well, there's no downside to this.

All said and done, instead to having to go to UPS and pay $40 to ship my boxes, I did it sitting in my comfy chair and paid $24 to do it. Yeah! I'm a happy camper.

Two more boxes to ship and there's no question which route I'll take.
And the best part is, you don't even have to go to the post office to get them in the mail. Just notify them via email and your mailman will make a stop and pick them up for you. I have been doing this for years.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #325
Chef Extraordinaire

So I am sitting here wondering if I should call my son to let him know that he is going to take me to Winthrop to get the Hallmark Soumd books for some great grandkids. Oh what the heck. Why should he sleep if I am not. He will feel better for doing something nice for his mother. I will just lay a heavy guilt trip on him. It works every time.

I have been sitting here for hours reading this whole thread. I am ready for some sleep. But this has been an interesting time. Learned a lot of things.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #326
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Playing on I can haz Cheezeburger, captioning cats: http://cheezburger.com/View/5487373568
Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #327
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Playing on I can haz Cheezeburger, captioning cats: iz mai tong bleu? iz it? iz it? - Cheezburger.com
I never get tired of looking at the pics from that site!

Here's a favorite:

http://cheezburger.com/nawtfromcityc...iew/4031620352
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #328
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Latest favorite
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my-name-peggie.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	12477  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #329
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
So, did you get rid of that nasty looking bees nest? I hope so, without any stings. I have perpetual wasps on my property. They build nests everywhere! I use the long range bee spray on the nests.
I blasted it with some drione dust and it's dead, but still hanging there. I have some far fetched idea that it will act as a deterrent to other bees
Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #330
Executive Chef

Quote:
I blasted it with some drione dust and it's dead, but still hanging there. I have some far fetched idea that it will act as a deterrent to other bees
There's a new Sheriff in town!