What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exterminator Guy is here. Critters seem to like our attic. We fought bats for a wile before he got all the holes plugged. Last week SO heard a critter scuffling around a couple of times so we called for Exterminator Guy. He's up in the attic right now doing his stuff. He suspects a squirrel or flying squirrel.

Watching Knowing. I knew this mistake. There's only 2 Nicolas Cage movies I like, and that's National Treasure 1 and 2. This is dreadful.

Putting strings on guitars. I have refinished my sons first acoustic guitar we bought him years ago. It has been sitting in the basement, neglected, battleworn from years of gigging, with two strings, sweat stains and grime build up, missing a few pieces. I cleaned it up, replaced the missing pieces and am restringing it and will re-gift him his own gift.:LOL:
And I am putting new ones on my daughters also, after a spit shine....

Last edited:
Took the day off. Just putzing around, getting ready for the holidays.

Vit and LP, please remember that our thoughts are with you and hoping at least a small measure of peace of mind is yours.

taking a easy day. will finish scarf in about an hour. then clean up all my wrapping mess. i was determined to finish yesterday. so when i ran out of scotch tape, i fired up my glue gun. i worked as manager of a hallmark for seven years, so when i wrap i use lots of scotch tape, makes a smoother wrap. my family always jokes about how my presents are wrapped. wait, til they get a hot glued package.

i am absolutely beside myself with renewed hope and euphoria today!! yayy!! my deepest gratitude to you good people who expressed your caring , thoughts and prayers for me and my mom yesterday.

while mom still remains gravely ill in the icu today, there was (to me) a stunning reversal in her condition overnight. yes, she still has pneumonia, blood clots, and stress on all her major organs, but there has been improvement in ALL these areas according to her lab work and other tests. today mom is engaged, smiling and talking to me. she doesn't feel great, but she is forward-looking and ready to continue the good fight!

so what do you do when you're in the hospital icu and feel like celebrating? well, we threw a party, just mom and me, in her romm, #1038 at mjh!! first i raided the patient's snack kitchen, which is generously stocked with juices, sodas, ice cream, jello, etc., etc. then, for junk food i hit the vending machines, for moi.:)
i fed mom spoons of crushed-up cherry popsicle, orange jello and ice chips. i told her about the shari's chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for her at home. she got this look of absolute joy and anticipation. meanwhile, i gorged myself scooping vanilla ice cream with fritos, chocolate with pretzels, and guzzled down two mini cans of soda pop--the first junk food and/or soda in over a year. but, if not now, When??!!

i finally promised to bring her a chocolate strawberry to her room when she is declared eligible to eat it--a goal to anticipate and strive for....we are a long way from being out of the woods, but at least the beginnings of a pathway are emerging in view as a marker to follow....

i am absolutely beside myself with renewed hope and euphoria today!! Yayy!! My deepest gratitude to you good people who expressed your caring , thoughts and prayers for me and my mom yesterday.

While mom still remains gravely ill in the icu today, there was (to me) a stunning reversal in her condition overnight. Yes, she still has pneumonia, blood clots, and stress on all her major organs, but there has been improvement in all these areas according to her lab work and other tests. Today mom is engaged, smiling and talking to me. She doesn't feel great, but she is forward-looking and ready to continue the good fight!

So what do you do when you're in the hospital icu and feel like celebrating? Well, we threw a party, just mom and me, in her romm, #1038 at mjh!! First i raided the patient's snack kitchen, which is generously stocked with juices, sodas, ice cream, jello, etc., etc. Then, for junk food i hit the vending machines, for moi.:)
i fed mom spoons of crushed-up cherry popsicle, orange jello and ice chips. I told her about the shari's chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for her at home. She got this look of absolute joy and anticipation. Meanwhile, i gorged myself scooping vanilla ice cream with fritos, chocolate with pretzels, and guzzled down two mini cans of soda pop--the first junk food and/or soda in over a year. But, if not now, when??!!

I finally promised to bring her a chocolate strawberry to her room when she is declared eligible to eat it--a goal to anticipate and strive for....we are a long way from being out of the woods, but at least the beginnings of a pathway are emerging in view as a marker to follow....

View attachment 12651View attachment 12651

Last edited:
Vitauta, you've given us all wonderful news! I can almost feel your joy!

I hope your Mom's recovery continues rapidly. Let us all know when she finally gets that chocolate covered strawberry!

i am absolutely beside myself with renewed hope and euphoria today!! yayy!! my deepest gratitude to you good people who expressed your caring , thoughts and prayers for me and my mom yesterday.

while mom still remains gravely ill in the icu today, there was (to me) a stunning reversal in her condition overnight. yes, she still has pneumonia, blood clots, and stress on all her major organs, but there has been improvement in ALL these areas according to her lab work and other tests. today mom is engaged, smiling and talking to me. she doesn't feel great, but she is forward-looking and ready to continue the good fight!

so what do you do when you're in the hospital icu and feel like celebrating? well, we threw a party, just mom and me, in her romm, #1038 at mjh!! first i raided the patient's snack kitchen, which is generously stocked with juices, sodas, ice cream, jello, etc., etc. then, for junk food i hit the vending machines, for moi.:)
i fed mom spoons of crushed-up cherry popsicle, orange jello and ice chips. i told her about the shari's chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for her at home. she got this look of absolute joy and anticipation. meanwhile, i gorged myself scooping vanilla ice cream with fritos, chocolate with pretzels, and guzzled down two mini cans of soda pop--the first junk food and/or soda in over a year. but, if not now, When??!!

i finally promised to bring her a chocolate strawberry to her room when she is declared eligible to eat it--a goal to anticipate and strive for....we are a long way from being out of the woods, but at least the beginnings of a pathway are emerging in view as a marker to follow....

Vit, thanks for letting us know about your mom. I am so glad you put a smile on her face, YOU are a very special daughter.

I took my oldest dog into the vet today. She'll be 12 years old Christmas Eve. I was expecting the worse, kidneys going, and was relieved to hear it was only diabetes insipidus, which has nothing to do with sugar levels at all. So now she gets a drop of medicine in her eye everyday. And I got the OK to up her dose of aspirin rather than going the rimadyl route for her arthritus.

pacanis said:
I took my oldest dog into the vet today. She'll be 12 years old Christmas Eve. I was expecting the worse, kidneys going, and was relieved to hear it was only diabetes insipidus, which has nothing to do with sugar levels at all. So now she gets a drop of medicine in her eye everyday. And I got the OK to up her dose of aspirin rather than going the rimadyl route for her arthritus.

Great news, Pac! Old dogs are the best. So glad the meds are easy.

That's good news, Fred.

taking a easy day. will finish scarf in about an hour. then clean up all my wrapping mess. i was determined to finish yesterday. so when i ran out of scotch tape, i fired up my glue gun. i worked as manager of a hallmark for seven years, so when i wrap i use lots of scotch tape, makes a smoother wrap. my family always jokes about how my presents are wrapped. wait, til they get a hot glued package.

Snicker!

Thanks.
She's got so much life in her I was really worried. Her time will come too soon as it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom