What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a couple of hours Steve and I are heading off to Victor Harbor for a few days :)

We are stopping at a couple of places on the way, one we will go to a bakery and have a lovely fresh cake and a coffee...one of the best parts of going to country towns, their wonderful bakeries :)

Looking forward to it :)

I am trying to get up the energy to go unload the "new to us" motorhome, and get laundry started. We arrived home late last night after driving this RV home from California. We have been gone for 9 days.

Would love to get a motorhome...one day down the track maybe and then we can go travelling all around Australia :)

Yes, it is exciting Fi......but it's going to be lots and lots of work. We bought it on eBay and unfortunately for us pictures don't show dirt. We were a little disappointed when we arrived to view/pick up and discovered it was filthy! We spent hours getting it just clean enough to travel home. It was a good deal price wise, but our "elbow grease" will have to be figured in to that "good deal". ;) here's a pic at Malibu...

image-789374865.jpg

Kylie, if you do get a chance to go traveling by motorhome, it's a lovely way to travel and really see a lot of different countryside. We have had smaller RV's in the past(not last 10 years though) and really enjoyed them! We are looking forward to some enjoyable summer holidays(vacations).

Looks like fun, Bunny! Glad you got a good deal, too bad about the cleanup. I would never have thought about buying an RV on eBay, wow!

Last edited:
Yes, it is exciting Fi......but it's going to be lots and lots of work. We bought it on eBay and unfortunately for us pictures don't show dirt. We were a little disappointed when we arrived to view/pick up and discovered it was filthy! We spent hours getting it just clean enough to travel home. It was a good deal price wise, but our "elbow grease" will have to be figured in to that "good deal". ;) here's a pic at Malibu...

View attachment 17478

Kylie, if you do get a chance to go traveling by motorhome, it's a lovely way to travel and really see a lot of different countryside. We have had smaller RV's in the past(not last 10 years though) and really enjoyed them! We are looking forward to some enjoyable summer holidays(vacations).

It looks good SB :)

Shame it was so dirty, you would think they would have cleaned it a bit for you

Can't really blame the previous owners...this RV was sold at auction to this eBay seller company, we suspect it has been sitting for about a year and a half. All the manuals and a lot of the maintenance records were included, so we were able to ascertain the name of the previous owners. I googled it and found that the Mr. Passed away in 2011 and was 80, so you know as we age we don't see as well and miss alot of dirt. We found this to be true of our own parents and some of our aging friends. But shame on whatever family member helped Mrs. send it to auction or perhaps there was no family :( Oh well we are going to do lots to it, like changing out all the gold colored knobs, light fixtures etc. for nickel and I will change some or all of the upholstery. Lots of small things that will make it ours. This is a diesel unit with very low miles, so DH thinks worth the cleanup/fixup. :)

Have been reading some short news blips. It seems that Canada is going to be getting two Giant Pandas. Great news! :angel:

Somebunny, I'm so happy for you. Once the cleanup is finished, I bet you guys will have a great time with the new motor home!:)

Have a great time Kylie!

Thanks Chopper. It's going to be great fun! We hope to travel down the Oregon coast this fall with friends. We have traveled two of the last 3 years with them in their truck and 5th wheel. This year we will have our own "digs". Looking forward to it!

Thanks guys :)

Good afternoon everyone

We have arrived at Victor Harbor

We left about 9.30am, drove to Strathalbyn, we were there for about 2 hours, it is a lovely country town, so scenic!

We had a lovely slice of cake each from a bakery there, Steve had cherry baked cheesecake and I had Ferrero Rocher cake, OMG how sweet :LOL:

Went for a nice walk around the town and then back in the car heading to Port Elliot. When down to the seas edge on heaps of big rocks and watched the waves crashing and we also saw some seals playing in the water!

Then we had lunch at the Flying Fish Cafe, we had Coopers Ale battered fish and chips, very nice :)

Then onto Victor and here we are in our hotel room, it is very nice and we have a lovely view of Granite Island and the ocean, also a lovely reserve, loving it.

Just enjoying a coffee and soon we are off again for a walk around Victor :)

Kylie1969 said:
Thanks guys :)

Good afternoon everyone

We have arrived at Victor Harbor

http://www.google.com/search?q=vict...AE&biw=360&bih=563&sei=Ye5PUbSFEoGQiQK-7oDQBQ

We left about 9.30am, drove to Strathalbyn, we were there for about 2 hours, it is a lovely country town, so scenic!

http://www.google.com/search?q=stra...AQ&biw=360&bih=563&sei=4-5PUcXSBeThiAKJyIHwAQ

We had a lovely slice of cake each from a bakery there, Steve had cherry baked cheesecake and I had Ferrero Rocher cake, OMG how sweet :LOL:

Went for a nice walk around the town and then back in the car heading to Port Elliot.

http://www.google.com/search?q=port...AQ&biw=360&bih=563&sei=Lu9PUYSFGMGuiQL22ICYCg

When down to the seas edge on heaps of big rocks and watched the waves crashing and we also saw some seals playing in the water!

Then we had lunch at the Flying Fish Cafe, we had Coopers Ale battered fish and chips, very nice :)

http://www.flyingfish.com.au/

Then onto Victor and here we are in our hotel room, it is very nice and we have a lovely view of Granite Island and the ocean, also a lovely reserve, loving it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=gran...AQ&biw=360&bih=563&sei=5PBPUebLN-SViAKUo4GQCg

Just enjoying a coffee and soon we are off again for a walk around Victor :)

I had to check out the places you mentioned and wanted to share.

What a wonderful holiday!

Oh Australia! One day I hope.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping us all to go along with Kylie. So beautiful. I would love to visit there one day. :)

I just finished breakfast and now I need to bake some scones to take to Master Gardener class tonight. I'm doing a presentation on Preserving Herbs and wanted to have some samples :)

Back
Top Bottom