"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #6581
Chef Extraordinaire

This afternoon we have been watching some Junior Masterchef and making Lemon Tarts

Old 11-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #6582
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Sounds like you have had a very productive day! Your owl ornament sounds like a great idea. We cannot keep a bird, squirel or gopher near our yard, our cats keep them cleaned out.

You deserve to put your feet up after all that back breaking work.
Thanks SB, we did relax on the recliners this afternoon, nearly fell asleep

Yes, your cats would certainly be better than an owl sensor

Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #6583
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm recuperating from a lovely evening with friends. We had Margaritas and sampled some fancy tequilas. We did a taste comparison between making Margaritas with triple sec and with Cointreau. The Cointreau was much smoother and maybe a little richer. The triple sec, on the other hand, had a nice bite to it. Hard to say which I prefer. Then we had supper.

I'm exhausted from all the cleaning. I'm a bit of a lazy cow, so I need motivation to get the cleaning done. I should invite friends over more often. I even polished the silverware.

If this post is a bit discombooberated, it's 'cause I had Margaritas, tequila, wine with supper, and ice wine with dessert. I'm definitely in a good mood. I even managed to load the dishwasher and run it.
One tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila floor
I was nicknamed the Tequila Queen when I was in my 20's, now I can't even smell it without feeling a bit green
I'm in my 1-3 drinks max phase, think my liver has been pickled already
There was a time when my sister and I used to drink a bottle of tequila gold each to start our party evenings and finish with some Italian personality (Sambuca). To think I used to drink men under the table without even getting tipsy. Now it only takes about 4 drinks
The kids have calmed me down!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #6584
Master Chef

Praying the next storm passes us.

Well the Verizon tech showed up asked where the phone box was outside and that was the last we saw of her. I never heard her doing anything outside. Two hours later the power went out again for about an hour. Apparently a crew working on the lines down the road a bit from us snapped 2 huge power lines and knocked out the whole grid in this area. A crew that came up from down south to help with storm repairs where in the area and capped the lines and PSE&G got us back up quicker than I thought. So I still have no phone.

I am running out of fuel for my furnace. I am waiting to make my meatballs till I can't take the cold any more then will bake them in the oven so the house will warm up.

A friend suggested getting some yellow gas cans to get diesel fuel for my furnace. BUT all the places that have power and are open don't have any of those cans and they won't let you put it in anything else. SO if I can't find cans and the fuel company can't deliver I will have to heat the house with the oven and clothes dryer and be a nervous wreck waiting for this next storm thats supposed to hit on tuesday or wednesday. If we get the snow and freezing weather the water pipes will break and this area can't deal with any more water problems on the ground or a loss of fresh water.

Hub worked all night then had to change a flat tire on his (even plate) car before he went to gas staion this morning. That car didn't have enough gas to make it to PA. He waited 2 1/2 hours before they announced they were only going to take cash now. He had to come home and thankfully I had some cash left. He waited another 3 1/2 hours for gas and now he is at a Pep Boys getting the tire patched. He refuses to get a cell phone or else I could have brought him the money and saved him the second 3 1/2 hour wait.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #6585
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Good grief, MsM! Hang in there, Sweetie!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #6586
Master Chef

Please keep us posted msmofet! Praying for you and your family.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #6587
Master Chef

Thank you. I lost cell signal again. It keeps going out. Which is even more upsetting because I have no phones if there is an emergency.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #6588
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs MsM))) Oh dear, oh dear. Sending good vibes in your direction.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #6589
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you. I lost cell signal again. It keeps going out. Which is even more upsetting because I have no phones if there is an emergency.
Take a breather, stress is no good for anyone. My advise is put something warm on your feet (when your feet are warm, you will be too)
Go sit and rest for a few minutes and just relax.
Everything is going to be fine, just believe that. The mind is a powerful tool. We are all here for you.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #6590
Assistant Cook

Watching the news on TV and thinking that I have to go to work tomorrow! Wish it could be weekend for a few more days!