What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First day of vacation...was woken up by a wrong number call...I haven't decided if I am going to get dressed today.

Just renewed my ADA membership.

Last edited:
Trying to muster some ambition......so much to do before we leave for vacation. Packing the Motorhome, house needs cleaning, an outing this afternoon and a wedding tomorrow afternoon. Heavy and short work week next week......argh....better get busy.

I have a loaf of bread in the bread machine and I'm about to head out to replenish our wine supplies. Then I'll do some weeding in the herb garden and try to reclaim the tomatillos from the weeds. Anywhere where it's shady out there! ;)

Sitting here mulling over the possibilities of me getting anything done around here in the next month. We need to have a deck built, line up the landscaper to finish off the yard once the deck is built, I have to restore the gardens after they became jungles this hot and rainy summer...well, I'll be happy if I get one done. Plus I want to have a garage sale in September (I cannot believe how much STUFF we have :shock: ) as we plan on seeing the kids in October. So much to do, but so much more fun goofing off. :) If you guys see me around here less I'm being successful in knocking down that list. And I'll be here all the time if I'm not.

I never made it to the party. Instead I took a side trip to the hospital, AGAIN! I had a BP crash. This time it was a good one. My heart rate dropped to 55. I really had to fight to not pass out. This only happens when I take my morning meds. I had a snarky twit of a young doctor who has a God complex. When I tried to tell him when this happens, he said in a nasty tone "Why don't you let met do my job." So I have decided that since they won't listen to me, I will have to take matters in my own hands. I am going to stop taking my morning dose of my Isorsorbide.

I am really becoming concerned that one of these times, it will be CPR time for me. This has been going on for more than a year. And always about an hour after I take my morning meds.

The EMT in the ambulance couldn't get a BP reading. Not surprising. I kept hearing "Adele stay with me." Believe me I was trying. At least this time he had no problem getting an IV started.

The snarky doctor decided that there was no need to take up a bed and keep me overnight for observation. Fine by me. But I did walk up to him and apologize for disturbing him and taking up his time. And then walked away fast before he could respond. Two nurses were standing right there and I heard them start to laugh.

I am home and all right. And dang it. I missed a party that I wanted to go to so badly. Did I just say that? :angel:

Last edited:
You give it to him, Addie, lol.
Sounds like a close call. After a year of this I think a change is in order for sure.
But at least you didn't have to go to the party you really didn't want to. Heckuva way to get out of that ;^)

:LOL: My thoughts too, Pac!

Addie, we need to think of less dramatic ways to get you out of a party!

You give it to him, Addie, lol.
Sounds like a close call. After a year of this I think a change is in order for sure.
But at least you didn't have to go to the party you really didn't want to. Heckuva way to get out of that ;^)

Of course, I remembered my manners. I said it with a smile. Or was that a smirk? :angel:

Well, I went down to the pool, floated around on the floaty thing reading Kindle in it's waterproof case, and was finally joined by a neighbor and her son. Upshot is I was able to gift said neighbor with one of the grocery bags of apples! Her DH is very excited about making apple sauce, I suggested that he make it in the crock pot, he thought that was a great idea, as he's going on a hunting trip next week and would love to take it with him.

Last edited:
I am so sick of these stupid trips to the ER. Don't they understand that after sleeping for eight or more hours, of course your BP is going to be low to start with? And I have tried everything I can think of to not letting this happen. Make sure I eat something before I take them, take them later in the morning, well after the prescribed time, take one pill (there are two, 10mg each) at a time spaced an hour apart. I have even done housework that requires complete physical effort in order to try to raise my BP. So I will just stop taking the morning dose.

I don't recommend patients ever taking this step unless they know what they are doing. I have researched this drug and it is a delayed reaction drug. All this foolishness happens about an hour after I have taken the drug. Even my son the PA has some serious doubts about the dosage of this drug. My next step is to make an appointment with my cardiologist and talk to him. Winthrop is becoming a woose in making any decision when it comes to over riding another doctor's prescribe treatment. Even if they disagree with it. :angel:

Well, I went down to the pool, floated around on the floaty thing reading Kindle in it's waterproof case, and was finally joined by a neighbor and her son. Upshot is I was able to gift said neighbor with one of the grocery bags of apples! Her DH is very excited about making apple sauce, I suggested that he make it in the crock pot, he thought that was a great idea, as he's going on a hunting trip next week and would love to take it with him.

The applesauce or the crockpot? making my self real small. That was my evil twin sister Evilynne again.

Just finished up a batch of bacon ranch potato salad for tomorrow's cookout for my daughter, SIL and grandson. I'm also doing poppers on the grill using sweet peppers as none of my family likes hot peppers.

Just finished up a batch of bacon ranch potato salad for tomorrow's cookout for my daughter, SIL and grandson. I'm also doing poppers on the grill using sweet peppers as none of my family likes hot peppers.

Save me some of that potato salad please. Are you using ranch dressing with bacon? (One of my favorite dressings.) :angel:

That sounds like some tasty potato salad.
And I just happened to pick up some redskins at the fruit stand earlier when I was buying my corn.

Back
Top Bottom