"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #9441
Certified Pretend Chef

That sounds really nice and cozy Beth.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #9442
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That sounds really nice and cozy Beth.
It sure does.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #9443
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I agree. We are open w our daughter about being adopted. Every july 22nd we celebrate her"special day". It's the day we went to court & legally adopted her. We always make it just a fun family day with the 3 of us. And 2 for you & your daughter
Thank you. Yesterday my daughter had her MRI. I will call her tomorrow and ask how she is feeling. She will find out on the 20th the results.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #9444
Chef Extraordinaire

Every bone and muscle in my body is aching today. And it is not raining. I really don't want to take a Vicodin. They leave my mouth so dry. I sure could use some energy if anyone has any laying around not being used. I have to head over to the house and feed the kitties.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #9445
Chef Extraordinaire

It is Steve's birthday today, so I am just waiting for him to wake up so that I can give him his presents

We had a lovely dinner at mums last night, wonderful food mum cooked, great night!

Tonight we are heading out to a chinese restaurant for Steve's birthday dinner

2 nights in a row of no cooking and no dishes, I could get used to this
Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #9446
Chef Extraordinaire

For Steve's presents, I have bought him a couple of boxes of Shreddies which are a cereal that is sold in England and Steve used to love them. They now sell them here but only in a Lolly Shop as they get them imported in, they only have them every now and then, so when they do, I get a couple of boxes to last for a while. The catch is though that they are $10.00 a box OUCH...total rip off for the size of the box, but Steve loves them, so it is worth it

Also 3 blu ray movies...one being Avatar in 3D as we both have not seen that and it is meant to be very good!

Also a figure of Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit...mum got him Gollum, they look so cool!

Also a couple of UK Mars bars, as Steve said the chocolate tastes different on them compared to the Aussie ones and also a couple of Double Decker chocolate bars as he loved them back in the UK and once again, they cant be found in supermarkets over here. They too were quite expensive but worth it

He is now having his breakfast, so present opening soon!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #9447
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
For Steve's presents, I have bought him a couple of boxes of Shreddies which are a cereal that is sold in England and Steve used to love them. They now sell them here but only in a Lolly Shop as they get them imported in, they only have them every now and then, so when they do, I get a couple of boxes to last for a while. The catch is though that they are $10.00 a box OUCH...total rip off for the size of the box, but Steve loves them, so it is worth it

Also 3 blu ray movies...one being Avatar in 3D as we both have not seen that and it is meant to be very good!

Also a figure of Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit...mum got him Gollum, they look so cool!

Also a couple of UK Mars bars, as Steve said the chocolate tastes different on them compared to the Aussie ones and also a couple of Double Decker chocolate bars as he loved them back in the UK and once again, they cant be found in supermarkets over here. They too were quite expensive but worth it

He is now having his breakfast, so present opening soon!

what a loving wife you are, kylie--breakfast cereal and candy bars! steve's gonna be mad when he opens his presents and finds out he coulda had shreddies for breakfast....unless, of course, you surprised him an even more special b-day breakfast this morning....

happy birthday, steve, hope you have a fabulous time!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #9448
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you V, I will pass on your birthday wishes

Steve loved all his presents, he also got a couple of blu rays from mum, a Gollum figure and a 1.8 litre thermos, so he is well chuffed!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #9449
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
It is Steve's birthday today, so I am just waiting for him to wake up so that I can give him his presents

We had a lovely dinner at mums last night, wonderful food mum cooked, great night!

Tonight we are heading out to a chinese restaurant for Steve's birthday dinner

2 nights in a row of no cooking and no dishes, I could get used to this
Now if someone would come along and do your ironing for you.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #9450
Executive Chef

don't you guys have poly/cotton where you live? other than dress shirts, i have needed to do very little ironing for some twenty or thirty years. always hated ironing....:)