What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now who was scared "you know what"? I'm glad you are feeling better. Relax, relax.

I am busy following all my footsteps back since I entered the apartment. I went to the fridge to get cheese snacks I had stashed there when I got home. I found my car keys and no cheese...there was a lip balm and handful of mints where I put the car keys, which led me to the bedroom and the top right drawer where I put my pocket things from work. Lo and Behold! Cheese!!!!

Think I need a nap?

HEY! I got wine...you got cheese. COME ON OVER! {{{{{PF}}}}}

Now who was scared "you know what"? I'm glad you are feeling better. Relax, relax.

I am busy following all my footsteps back since I entered the apartment. I went to the fridge to get cheese snacks I had stashed there when I got home. I found my car keys and no cheese...there was a lip balm and handful of mints where I put the car keys, which led me to the bedroom and the top right drawer where I put my pocket things from work. Lo and Behold! Cheese!!!!

Think I need a nap?
Menopause?

I have always done my own taxes. After my daughter died, IRS gave me a hard time proving that I was the legal guardian of my granddaughter. They denied my exemption. I appealed it and won. I had to send my daughter's and granddaughter's death certificates. Also the court order giving me custody. Because they held up my tax return it was a long time before I got it. The good news was that they had to pay me interest for the time they were holding it. By order of the Appeal Board that heard my case. It wasn't much, but it felt good to beat them.
Good for you.

I recommend that people who do their own tax returns take it to a tax preparer once in a while, maybe once every five years. Sometimes the pros can find you stuff you didn't realize you could deduct or get a credit for. Of course, if you usually do your own taxes, you can check that the "pro" did a good job. ;)

Think I need a nap?

I think you need more than a nap. I would suggest that you and Shrek find a room for doubles and take a rest with him. Put a "Do Not Disturb" on the outside of the door. :angel:

PrincessFiona60 said:
More like I need to turn off the day things and concentrate on other things.

Shrek is doing great! I'll help do his dressing change tomorrow and see how it's coming along.

Oh, so good to hear that! Did they finally get to close him up?

PrincessFiona60 said:
No, not yet. I'm hoping it happens soon, he has a follow up with the surgeon Thursday next week.

Well, now's the time to stick in your diamonds, pearls, etc. that you don't want stolen. No gold or silver though, if you have to go through the metal detector at the airport.

So glad he's doing better! (sorry Shrek)

Last edited:
Well, now's the time to stick in your diamonds, pearls, etc. that you don't want stolen. No gold or silver though, if you have to go through the metal detector at the airport.

So glad he's doing better!
I thought metal detectors detected metals using magnetism. Gold and silver, to the best of my knowledge, not magnetic.

taxlady said:
I thought metal detectors detected metals using magnetism. Gold and silver, to the best of my knowledge, not magnetic.

Ok, so PF can stick in all her gold and silver, along with the diamonds and pearls! Shrek may need a zipper installed. Not a bad idea.

taxlady said:
Zipper, I like it. Some surgical scars look like zippers.

We'll see what PF thinks. If Shrek already has tats and piercings, this may fit in.

i am now the owner of a fully grown horseshoe moustache. :punk:

i was shaving my hockey playoff beard today when my son came home from school. he asked me if i could grow a long moustache like "sensei wu", a character on on of his favourite cartoons. so i did.

it doesn't quite look like the sensei wu's long fu manchu moustache, but rather more like the old yankee reliever goose gossage's or paul tuetel, sr.'s of orange county chopper.

when my boy saw me, he said that i looked like a real, old time baseball manager and begged me to keep it until our next game - alongside dw's protestations and obvious embarrassment. she said she won't be seen in public with me so long as i have it. :mrgreen:

then i came up with a great idea! we have a game against a team that has a really nasty, over-competitive coach (who preaches at coaches' meetings in front of the board that we should teach by example, but in reality curses and belittles the kids and other coaches in spanish during games thinking she can get away with it), so i decided to show her that we're supposed to have fun teaching these little 6 to 8 year old kids the game of baseball, not teach them bad sportsmanship. i'm not only going to show up with the moustache, but i'm bringing a hypoallergenic black grease pencil and the entire team is going to go out on the field with horseshoe or fu manchu moustaches.

i'll have to get permission from the boys' parents first, i guess, but this should be funny.

I'm having a glass of wine and getting over the shakes. I nearly got into a bad car smash tonight and I'm saying a whole lot of "thank you's" to the Big Guy upstairs for saving me. And thank you to Ford brakes. I had someone turn left in front of me and STOP in my lane. If I hadn't stood on the brakes HARD we'd both have been so much jam on the road. Lordy I was scared. I don't think I've been that scared when I've actually been IN an accident.

It was only a short hop from home so I didn't start shaking til after I got in. Now I'm just going to power down and enjoy being alive tonight.
I'm so glad you are okay!

You all need to quit scaring me like that! I'm getting too old for all this horrible excitement (accidents, illnesses, etc.). It's a good thing my DC family is on my regular prayer list! :mellow:

We have three metal detectors and two pin pointers (short range mini detectors) here. They can pick up all kinds of metals. There are different settings on them to pick up different kinds of targets/metals.
We have recovered gold (rings, pendants, necklaces, coins), silver (rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, coins), copper (jewelry and pure copper rock), brass (hose fixtures, war buttons), steel, tin, iron ore, nickel, tungsten, and any combination of metals used to make coins through the ages.
I have no information on the type of metal detectors used at airports.

So glad he's doing better! (sorry Shrek)

I don't think I want to try getting them back...I have one tiny diamond and two strings of pearls...:LOL:

We'll see what PF thinks. If Shrek already has tats and piercings, this may fit in.

He does have tatts and his left ear is pierced. The smiley scar he got last year for the hernia repair is now bisected. Good thing he is an ogre and not a vampire.

Sitting here watching Latté try to lay on my bag, her butt keeps sliding off. I don't know why she is so determined to lay on something that is so lumpy, there is at least one can of V-8 in it.

I'm off to the audiologist this morning -- PC doc wants to get a baseline test for any hearing loss and see about my tinnitus, for which he's already told me there's not much (if anything) to be done. Guess there's no way to cram for a hearing test. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom