What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning everyone :)

It is very chilly here this morning but it is going to be a bright sunshiny day :)

We have to sort out all our tax stuff and email it all through to our accountant today as it is tax time here, also going to be doing a bit of gardening out in the sun :)

Kylie1969 said:
Good morning everyone :)

It is very chilly here this morning but it is going to be a bright sunshiny day :)

We have to sort out all our tax stuff and email it all through to our accountant today as it is tax time here, also going to be doing a bit of gardening out in the sun :)

Omg I would love to have "chilly" right now lol. The 90° weather in MN is killing me. Can't take the heat!!

Omg I would love to have "chilly" right now lol. The 90° weather in MN is killing me. Can't take the heat!!

I do feel bad for you guys suffering in the heat...hoping it starts cooling down soon for you :)

I am not looking forward to our Summer...we get extremely hot, dry Summers here too :(

I just got my recertification for food stamps. It is 12 pages long and all the answers have been filled in. All I have to do is sign it. There is a section for 65 y.o. and above. One of the questions is "Are you pregnant?" They have "No" checked off for me. I so want to change that to "YES" and really shake them up. That would be the talk of their office. A client 73 years old and pregnant. I also want to meet the idiot who put that question in that section. My laugh for the day. I told my son he was going to get stuck with babysitting duties while I am out on the town bar hopping. :wacko:

I do feel bad for you guys suffering in the heat...hoping it starts cooling down soon for you :)

I am not looking forward to our Summer...we get extremely hot, dry Summers here too :(

At the beginning of the week, we had temps in the high 90's. Today it didn't get above 69ºF. :rolleyes:

Simon, my cat, & I had a scare this morning. Simon was drinking out of the tub faucet while I sat putting in my contacts. When I turned on the hair dryer to dry my hair he took off running as usual. Except this time he somehow ran into the dryer cord & got it wrapped around his neck. He freaked out & started squirming, getting tied up further. I freaked out trying to grab him before he strangled himself. I finally got him up against me so he'd stop struggling, in the process we demolished the plug on the dryer. At least, other than being scared, he seems to be okay. He let me feel around to see if he was hurting. He let me brush a couple handfuls of loosened hair off him before he wanted down. He took off & hid for a while. I did get him to eat a few treats but he didn't want me to touch him & I don't think he has been in the bathroom yet. I had to leave for a couple hours & when I got back he was still skittish but sat by me while I ate supper. Of course he got a bite or two if chicken. Now he is laying in his usual spot on top of me. He had me worried but I think he'll be okay. It might take him a while to go back in the bathroom with me though.

Aww CC, I hope Simon is OK...what a scare for the poor little guy and for you :neutral:

Please keep us updated with how he is going :)

Kylie1969 said:

Hot and dry would be a little more bearable- it's in the 90's and feels like the 100's because of the humidity :/ ugh

Yeah, more hugs for Simon, as soon as he'll let you love him a bit.

Latté got a claw snag the other night, she was hanging off the side of the bed by one toe.

Cindercat said:
Simon, my cat, & I had a scare this morning. Simon was drinking out of the tub faucet while I sat putting in my contacts. When I turned on the hair dryer to dry my hair he took off running as usual. Except this time he somehow ran into the dryer cord & got it wrapped around his neck. He freaked out & started squirming, getting tied up further. I freaked out trying to grab him before he strangled himself. I finally got him up against me so he'd stop struggling, in the process we demolished the plug on the dryer. At least, other than being scared, he seems to be okay. He let me feel around to see if he was hurting. He let me brush a couple handfuls of loosened hair off him before he wanted down. He took off & hid for a while. I did get him to eat a few treats but he didn't want me to touch him & I don't think he has been in the bathroom yet. I had to leave for a couple hours & when I got back he was still skittish but sat by me while I ate supper. Of course he got a bite or two if chicken. Now he is laying in his usual spot on top of me. He had me worried but I think he'll be okay. It might take him a while to go back in the bathroom with me though.

OMG that is so scary for both of you! I'm glad you're both ok! Something similar happened to my bf and my cat last year- the cat (who weighs 15 lb and kills rabbits) had his paw caught in the cat door, and was screaming and twisting around on the floor. Bf grabs Golly immediately to keep him from tearing his paw apart, and the cat was so freaked out he chomped down on bf's hand. Teeth went down to the bone, and Mike had to grab the top of the cats head and pry his teeth out. Luckily, there happened to be a jacket sitting right there, within reach that he was able to restrain the cat in and free his paw. The cat shook himself off and trotted away like it was no big thing, but Mike's hand swelled up like a softball and he had to go get anti-biotics. So like I said, I'm so glad you're ok!!

Cindercat, I hope Simon has calmed down since that happened. Poor baby.

Skittle - I would've been in a panic! And poor Mike - OUCH!! :(

I have just had some of my Orange Cake with a cup of tea...lovely!

I was going to go and sit in the sun for a little while but it has gone all cloudy, so that is that then :LOL:

I do have more ironing to do now since bringing the washing in, guess I could do that.............or not :ROFLMAO:

I had a busy day today - one of my grandsons recently had a birthday, and we're having his party on Sunday. He's two. :wub: Went to the market and got all the veggies for a veggie tray, the fixins' for a couple of dips, and some various meats, cheeses and French rolls for sandwiches for 25. :ohmy:

Can't wait to see little man tear into his presents and play with them with his little cousins.

(Kylie, what time is it there now? It's 10PM here, so going to bed shortly....yawn...)

Cheryl, I hope your party goes well. Two year olds are so neat because they are starting to be totally aware of what is going on that this "is for me" :)

Kylie, it is 10 pm here as well.

I am fighting off a flu bug - I think I am getting it from hubby. :( But my week with the kid's camp was incredible! It is so good to be able to do things again and not be worried about my health or looking after Dad (I miss him, but now I know he isn't suffering I am finally feeling a bit of freedom).

LP, sorry to hear you are not feeling so well...I do hope you can shake it off soon :)

LP, it was 10pm where Cheryl is...at that time it was only 2.40pm here in Oz :)

Back
Top Bottom