What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
your camera needs red eyes reduction. :angel:

I would agree....the pic was actually scarier looking with that reflection than the actual critter!

Last edited:
Rocklobster said:
Looks like a Wolf Spider. I have seen quite a few where I am working, these days.

I thought that was what it might be. I have seen big spiders around here that are a bit "chunkier", but around the same size, that I thought were also wolf spiders. This guy was pretty docile, though I did have some concern he might jump....thus the fuzzy image. :LOL: Didn't want to get TOO close!

Here's a wolf spider I googled, it looks different:

image-821033851.jpg

Last edited:
you know, rock, very few people are aware that that wolf spiders are adrenaline junkies and love to ride zip lines when the humans go home.

I'm watching Cook's Country on PBS while I relax after 4 hours of cleaning the kitchen in my new (new to me) classroom. I'd rather be watching Hell's Kitchen but it's reruns tonight, but then so is Cook's Country. The teacher in the room last year must not believe in cleaning anything. The sink was covered in multi-colors of paint splatters and dirt. The stove had a layer of cooked on grease under a layer of dust. The cabinet drawers had a layer of grit from flaking paint and dirt in the bottom of each drawer and shelves too. The utensils in the drawer hadn't been properly washed before putting them away. Mixer beaters still had dried batter on them. Muffin pans had baked on crud. Apparently they put one pan to soak and left it long enough for it to rust. I washed everything down. The sink now shines. Drawers and shelves are clean with most having new shelf liners. Most dishes and utensils have been scrubbed clean. Still have skillets to clean, more shelves to clean & line and replace the foil covered, rusty drip pans on the stove burners. I'm tired. Tomorrow my stuff from my old classroom is supposed to be moved to the new. Then I get to start unpacking! First back-to-school meetings are August 13. Lots to do!

I thought that was what it might be. I have seen big spiders around here that are a bit "chunkier", but around the same size, that I thought were also wolf spiders. This guy was pretty docile, though I did have some concern he might jump....thus the fuzzy image. :LOL: Didn't want to get TOO close!

Here's a wolf spider I googled, they seem like they're different:

View attachment 14750
I have seen a couple in the last month. I moved a lot faster than they did. :LOL:

Sheesh, Cindercat, a lot of work! I can't believe the summer has gone by so fast, and it's back to school so soon!

Last edited:
Just found this big guy in the basement. Scooped him up and took him outside. He was as big as my palm.

The second image is one I googled.

View attachment 14745

Scooped it up? :ohmy:

I almost wrecked once when a spider about the size of a pin head came floating down from the roof of my car..... so I knew the day that I would do anything for my child.... I smacked a rather large spider with the palm of my hand as it ran across his desk. :LOL:

Today was a good day.

I helped DH clean up the backyard after a couple of months of neglect due to rain, and life. He cut the lawn while I weeded, cleaned up the rodo and hydrangia bushes, repotted some herbs and watered everything. Then we got rid of a lot of junk including an old bbq, Violet's paddle pool (there was a hole in it, we will get her a new one next year) and some wood from patching the fence. The DH power washed the patio and some of the furniture. It is going to look really nice for my in-laws coming to dinner tomorrow! :)

I then had a physio appointment this afternoon which I always like. We are slowly getting my back and side muscles settled down.

Now I am about to put the finishing touches on the menu and shopping lists for Explosion, our week long youth service conference. We feed them Lunch and dinner and they go out into the community and help in a bunch of ways.

Oh, and the girls in the neighbourhood heard I had made blue cupcakes and want me to make them some rainbow ones....sure, in my spare time ;)

Well, I was going to sign off and go to sleep but then I saw Dawg's pic of the spider. Now I have a mental image of the spider eating the kittens from the funnies thread. I'll never aleep well again.

We got an automated call from the city. The water mains on our street are being "rehabilitated". They will be turning off the water from 9h-12h on Tuesday and from 09h-16h on Wednesday.

So, I scrubbed a bucket and filled it with tap water and I filled the espresso machine, the kettle, an empty 2 L pop bottle, and an empty 1 L wine bottle (with a screw top) with filtered water. I made sure the Britta is full.

This is my street:

12.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

The hose and white pipes are our temporary water supply, hooked up to a fire hydrant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom