What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a public holiday here, the Queens Birthday...which is so funny, as we here in Australia get the day off for this occasion but in England, they do not get a day off for it, very strange!

Steve loves living here now for many reasons, but also because he doesnt have to work on the Queens birthday :LOL:

This morning we have a bit more gardening to do, the orange tree branches need cutting up etc

We have just been out for a nice walk, it is lovely out there this morning :)

It is a public holiday here, the Queens Birthday...which is so funny, as we here in Australia get the day off for this occasion but in England, they do not get a day off for it, very strange!

Steve loves living here now for many reasons, but also because he doesnt have to work on the Queens birthday :LOL:

This morning we have a bit more gardening to do, the orange tree branches need cutting up etc

We have just been out for a nice walk, it is lovely out there this morning :)

I think the world should have the day off. Considering the job she has done for 60 years, she is remarkable. I can't say the same for her children though. :angel:

I am watching the Tony Awards. Our theater here in Boston, The Huntington Theater, won an award. It is a quirky theater. They often will put on a play or musical of a first time writer. And they work closely with Emerson College. That's a college of the arts. All of their productions are free. They have free concerts and free plays written and produced by the students. A great place to take a date when you are broke. :angel:

my wife buys the big boxes at bj's at about 45 cents per k-cup.

you can always use that manual k-cup thing that comes with most models and fill them yourself with whatever coffee you like. but 45 or 50 cents per cup is pretty cheap, imo.

dawg, 60 cups would last my wife about 2 weeks. :w00t2:

I've created a monster. DH has burned through the Sleepy Time tea, x3, and is looking for more. He makes me taste each addition. He's really excited about the Keurig as a night light.

I think the world should have the day off. Considering the job she has done for 60 years, she is remarkable. I can't say the same for her children though. :angel:

oh man, don't get me started.

rich folks who haven't earned their wealth and just play nice on the backs of people their families have abused to gain their wealth isn't exactly something to commend.

just my 2 pence.

I woke up fully rested at 9:00. Wide Awake. It was a little cloudy out. Almost like dusk appears on the horizon or as far as your back yard looks at 9:00 without your glasses on. Thought, must be another rainy day. Promptly felt asleep in my chair before the coffee was done perking. That's how "wide awake" I was. Two hours later a giant whiplash while sitting in my chair woke me again. Looked out the window, my it's really dark. It must be really going to storm today. Then I thought, hmm. I wonder what day it really is and which angle is my house facing and what if I Missed a whole day. Why yes, 11 Pm is just the right time to go to bed. Funny, I don't remember going to bed the first time, but it must have been shortly after dinner.

Now, it's 230 am my time. Wide awake again. So it goes.

I woke up fully rested at 9:00. Wide Awake. It was a little cloudy out. Almost like dusk appears on the horizon or as far as your back yard looks at 9:00 without your glasses on. Thought, must be another rainy day. Promptly felt asleep in my chair before the coffee was done perking. That's how "wide awake" I was. Two hours later a giant whiplash while sitting in my chair woke me again. Looked out the window, my it's really dark. It must be really going to storm today. Then I thought, hmm. I wonder what day it really is and which angle is my house facing and what if I Missed a whole day. Why yes, 11 Pm is just the right time to go to bed. Funny, I don't remember going to bed the first time, but it must have been shortly after dinner.

Now, it's 230 am my time. Wide awake again. So it goes.

Shrek was up yesterday at 3 am...he said it was because I told him he had to "come see this on the TV". He was in the living room by the time he woke up. I was still fast asleep.

I just finished talking wih my daughter. It seems my pineapple upside down cake was a BIG hit with her daughter. She was eating two pieces at a time. My daughter and her husband only got two pieces a each.

So now I have received my orders for the summer and fall until January. My grandson wants the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake as soon as possible. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Chocolate Glaze Topping

My granddaughter wants the Pineapple Upside Down Cake for her birthday in January.

My SIL wants an apple pie for Father's Day.

And my instructions are I don't have to wait for a special day to make these items. I can make them as often as possible and send them right to their house. I better get busy. :angel:

Just being lazy at the moment, took a short vacation to spend time with mom.

Drove to Charleston SC on friday in the middle of tropical storm Andrea lots of wind and rain. Drove home yesterday in torrential rain most of the way, many times it was nearly impossible to even see the lines in the road. Driving in that is very tiring!

The weather improved as we approached charleston and the weather saturday was pretty much perfect. Nice weekend visiting my best friend.

Now a couple days of relaxing! I can think of a thousand things to do around the house, but I am going to try to relax instead.

Just being lazy at the moment, took a short vacation to spend time with mom.

Drove to Charleston SC on friday in the middle of tropical storm Andrea lots of wind and rain. Drove home yesterday in torrential rain most of the way, many times it was nearly impossible to even see the lines in the road. Driving in that is very tiring!

The weather improved as we approached charleston and the weather saturday was pretty much perfect. Nice weekend visiting my best friend.

Now a couple days of relaxing! I can think of a thousand things to do around the house, but I am going to try to relax instead.

Bakechef, very few hurricanes make it to Maine. Why would your Mom leave the comfort of her home to go and be in a hurricane? Has she never experienced one? I would rather have a snow blizzard than a hurricane. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom