What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I saw it! Thanks PF!

How the heck did you not spend longer at Costco? You were like, in and out. Must be because ours is 45 minutes away, we spend hours.

I told Shrek to stay home, but no he had to go, since he's a kamikaze shopper, I don't stand a chance. I need to head over to the "Y" track and do a few laps before it gets dark.

I'm waiting for a steak to thaw for dinner.
I really wanted wings, but no wings in the freezer.

Today is the beginning of our holidays YAY!!

We are heading out to the cinema this afternoon to see Despicable Me 2 in 3D :)

Sadly I have woken up with swollen glands and a very heavy head, I so hope I am not getting a cold, although it certainly feels like it...it is my birthday on Wednesday too :(

Never mind, must soldier on and enjoy the holidays with Steve, regardless!

It is 4:30 a.m. and I am sitting here happy that I have two email addresses. One for stuff I want to receive and the other for all the junk. Facebook keeps sending me all the junk. I can delete it without even opening it.

My daughter called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat with her. It is not my favorite thing to do. The restaurants she likes to go to serve helpings just too large. I feel overwhelmed when they put the plate down in front of me that is overflowing. And I don't want takeout. I can go to BK for that. I just want to sit down to a meal that I can eat all of it, or most of it, and leave happy. I just wish more restaurants would allow me to order from the kids menu. Heaven knows I am short enough to qualify. I had to tell her I will think on it. Chinese food is definitely out. Not since the time I had the gall bladder attack. I am sick of Italian. I am thinking Kelly's up on Route #1. Seafood. They don't overflow the plate. Grant you it is paper plates and plastic forks, but you can't have everything in life. They overflow your plate with French Fries. But I don't eat them anyway. My daughter will take them home for pickings. The only drawback there is that they are soooo expensive. Most seafood is. An order of Haddock filets and cole slaw. I could ask them to hold the fries and give me a double slaw. I will have to run it by her. :angel:

It is 4:30 a.m. and I am sitting here happy that I have two email addresses. One for stuff I want to receive and the other for all the junk. Facebook keeps sending me all the junk. I can delete it without even opening it.

My daughter called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go out to eat with her. It is not my favorite thing to do. The restaurants she likes to go to serve helpings just too large. I feel overwhelmed when they put the plate down in front of me that is overflowing. And I don't want takeout. I can go to BK for that. I just want to sit down to a meal that I can eat all of it, or most of it, and leave happy. I just wish more restaurants would allow me to order from the kids menu. Heaven knows I am short enough to qualify. I had to tell her I will think on it. Chinese food is definitely out. Not since the time I had the gall bladder attack. I am sick of Italian. I am thinking Kelly's up on Route #1. Seafood. They don't overflow the plate. Grant you it is paper plates and plastic forks, but you can't have everything in life. They overflow your plate with French Fries. But I don't eat them anyway. My daughter will take them home for pickings. The only drawback there is that they are soooo expensive. Most seafood is. An order of Haddock filets and cole slaw. I could ask them to hold the fries and give me a double slaw. I will have to run it by her. :angel:

Be glad you have a daughter that wants to spend time with you!

Jump at every chance, don't worry about the food, focus on the company!

It's about making memories for both of you!

Don't think so but, for sure there's a reason for those little bags that are available for a "certain" purpose.:LOL::rolleyes:

Actually, it's rare that we hear or see any aircraft here. Occasionally a military craft will fly over going to Ft. Campbell, but most of the time we have little to no skyward activity. Quite unlike the environment I was used to when I lived in Washington, DC. I definitely do not miss hearing/seeing the Medivac choppers buzz like insects overhead. It's quiet and serene here. Amen!!!!

And Google uses software to edit out"inappropriate" photos from Google Earth and their maps. Snerk

I spent a lot of the day cleaning out closets. I have 3 huge trash bags full of clothes for Goodwill thus far. Am not looking forward to tackling the basement and garage.

And I do not like typing on this tiny phone, Verizon informed me I was out of wifi GB so iPad is off limits for a couple days. Grrrrr.

You have a limit on WiFi? !

Stirling doesn't even have a plan for his tablet yet. He just logs in to our home wifi. My Android phone has a one gig plan, but that only gets used when there is no wifi available.

+1! It is not about the place or the food, it is about spending time with family. Most places will let you just split a meal or just let you order an appetizer. I have met a co worker for breakfast and just had iced tea since I had already had breakfast. Make it work for you and relax and enjoy yourself. So wonderful that she wants to go places with you.

You have a limit on WiFi? !

Stirling doesn't even have a plan for his tablet yet. He just logs in to our home wifi. My Android phone has a one gig plan, but that only gets used when there is no wifi available.

Yep. We use Verizon for our home wifi service as we're out in the boonies. The alternatives we've tried didn't work.

We get 10 GB of shared everything, which means movies and streaming are off limits. :(

I feel like I have a food hangover today. Tired & sluggish at work. Feels like I could go home & sleep the rest of the day away..Ate all the wrong foods over the weekend with not much for exercise. Trying to convince myself mind over matter this morning.

I know. A salad is out of the question. Can't eat raw roughage. Even the slaw may be out of the question. Depends on how I feel. Right now I have a very upset stomach. Woke up with it and it won't go away. When I woke up earlier in the wee hours of the morning, I made a couple of pieces of French Toast. Couldn't even finish it. It's that bread thing again.

Right now I have a bigger problem. I have to go to Winthrop tomorrow. For the past year I have had a growth on my wrist. All of a sudden it is growing at a much faster rate than it has all year. And there is a lot of pain with it. So I have to have Winthrop know and take a look at it. More surgery in the future. Geesh. It never ends. I am sick of getting old. It is not fun. :angel:

I set up my trail camera again this afternoon. It's too muggy to do much of anything.

First coat of paint on the deck today. Finishing up tomorrow. Then a day of rest for the paint before we move the furniture back. Sure looks nicer than before.

Beagle and I are in the basement. Wind and rain got wicked, and there are tornado watches all around us. Going to venture back upstairs and have a look.

Great. The watch is now a warning for our county. I have a pocketful of flashlights and the weather radio.

Last edited:
Beagle and I are in the basement. Wind and rain got wicked, and there are tornado watches all around us. Going to venture back upstairs and have a look.

Great. The watch is now a warning for our county. I have a pocketful of flashlights and the weather radio.

Good thing...I don't think I want to see you and Beagle as stand-ins for The Wizard of Oz. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom