What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just leaving a community theater production of Hairspray, it was absolutely fantastic! This is the second production from this theater that has blown me away.
You don't have to pay Broadway prices for quality shows BC (said the veteran of many a community theatre production...)

Did they have a "Meet and Greet" with the cast afterwards? The first little theatre production we took our kids to had that. Our son (about 10 at the time) was asking questions at a mile a minute. He ended up being in several community theatre productions. Like Mother, like Son. :clap:

The Pirate's ex takes their seven year old granddaughter to the theatre all the time. This past week she took her to see Lion King at the Opera House. The building was scheduled to be torn down. Then it was rescued and the following renovations are the result.

Official Site of the Boston Opera House :angel:
Wonderful to hear that the philistines have been thwarted again. They wanted to tear down the Palace Theatre in Manchester 30-odd years ago and the locals, supported by a famous (to us) comedian, Ken Dodd, won the day. The theatre was restored and carries on with all sorts of theatrical productions and visiting companies. The Opera House in Manchester was rescued too but the Theatre Royal became a bingo hall and and then a nightclub and is now derelict.

Last edited:
Just finished up a little project using some of my less than beautiful canning jar rings. After all the canning was done, I went through all the supplies and separated the less-than-nice rings from the ones I'd feel okay using. Had more than I'd expected, but they didn't get thrown out. After a little spray paint, some string and some autumn picks, they became this:

You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

You don't have to pay Broadway prices for quality shows BC (said the veteran of many a community theatre production...)

Did they have a "Meet and Greet" with the cast afterwards? The first little theatre production we took our kids to had that. Our son (about 10 at the time) was asking questions at a mile a minute. He ended up being in several community theatre productions. Like Mother, like Son. :clap:

No meet and greet this time. We occasionally see the BIG shows at one of the larger venues, but this smaller 250 seat theater puts on shows that we end up loving just as much at about a third of the price! This theater is called Raleigh Little Theater, it's been around since the 30's.

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Just got back from my first Costco shopping trip. I left with a rotisserie chicken, I don't know why, I don't need a rotisserie chicken. I work in a store that cooks rotisserie chicken everyday...

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Just got back from my first Costco shopping trip. I left with a rotisserie chicken, I don't know why, I don't need a rotisserie chicken. I work in a store that cooks rotisserie chicken everyday...

Good idea. Going to Costco tomorrow.

Prepping to defrost the freezer in the basement tomorrow. It's not stuffed full and it's past time. Between coolers, ice packs, and the new fridge and its freezer, I should be all set for the stuff that's in the freezer.

Found out if you wait too long to defrost your freezer, it takes forever to melt off all the ice. Finally got the job done and now all is well for another year (?).

Well, then you can compare them. Costco makes better tasting rotisserie chicken than I have ever had from a supermarket.

Is that ALL you got, BC? We usually come home with a lot more from Costco!

Is that ALL you got, BC? We usually come home with a lot more from Costco!

Well i got some peanuts, Greek yogurt and chocolate chips too. I'll be going back when Rob can go, so many things I want to try!

Well i got some peanuts, Greek yogurt and chocolate chips too. I'll be going back when Rob can go, so many things I want to try!

Whew! I was worried about you for a minute...

Costco Chicken Crack...that stuff is addicting.

The Kirkland Plain Non-fat Yogurt is fantastic!!! Better than the brands I get in the regular stores. I stir in fresh fruit I have sweetened with a bit of honey.

Costco Chicken Crack...that stuff is addicting.
Market Basket had their chickens turning again when I shopped last Friday. They didn't have any wrapped on the counter, so I asked the clerk behind the counter when they were putting out the "crack chickens". :LOL: Wouldn't you know it, when I shopped today another one of those things hopped right into my cart! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Wonderful to hear that the philistines have been thwarted again. They wanted to tear down the Palace Theatre in Manchester 30-odd years ago and the locals, supported by a famous (to us) comedian, Ken Dodd, won the day. The theatre was restored and carries on with all sorts of theatrical productions and visiting companies. The Opera House in Manchester was rescued too but the Theatre Royal became a bingo hall and and then a nightclub and is now derelict.
Cleveland OH restored most of their early-1920s-built theatres in the 1970s. It was done in fits-and-starts, so I think they finished up the very last one (fifth) within the past decade or so. Cleveland is said to have the largest theatre district after New York City, but it depends on how it is computed. Playhouse Square has five historic theatres in a two-block radius. Don't know the seat capacity though. Although I've done community theatre on and off since the early 1970's (mostly "off), I knew the entire Greater Cleveland region had a goodly number of theatres. However, I did not realize just HOW many until I found this article: Cleveland Third Largest Theater District | Events in Cleveland Since that article says Cleveland ranks 3rd, I had to hunt down who claimed to be 2nd. Detroit. But, again, depends on if your counting seats in a smaller or larger measured area. I'm just glad to see that cities are fighting about who has more theatres, not who has more crime!

i remember seeing people start to line up at the meat counter in costco once, but no one appeared to be buying anything. i asked a lady on line what it was about, and she whispered ," the rotisserie chickens are about to come out."

the rest of the people on the line either shhhhh'd or just glared at her.

i felt like i was at a meth clinic when it was dosage time.

Market Basket had their chickens turning again when I shopped last Friday. They didn't have any wrapped on the counter, so I asked the clerk behind the counter when they were putting out the "crack chickens". :LOL: Wouldn't you know it, when I shopped today another one of those things hopped right into my cart! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like they were underdone...:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom