What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having to learn all new channel numbers and two different types of remotes for our new Comcast service. Two of our TVs come with voice remotes! First impression is that it's Soooo Cooool! Second reaction is that it's not nearly as smart as Siri.

I know, I know. First world problem.

We've had them since we moved and hardly ever remember to use the voice function.

Munky! I'm jumping for joy over your good news! :bounce: Virtually, of course, since there is no way I can jump this old body up into the air. :LOL: Rest easy, and enjoy every minute together. :heart:

Thanks, dragn! I see your gif now! Very true. I've been excessively cheap all my life. Now I'm old and cheap. (Hm. Rephrasing. I've been a cheapskate all my life. Not cheap.)

There's more attachments to this thing than an autobody shop. There will be somewhat of a learning curve, I'm sure. First thing I did after plugging it in was drop it on the floor, which let out all the dust I'd just vacuumed up during the test drive.

Dawg, my girlfriend had a Dyson vacuum when they first came out. Like you she found it so heavy. She kept it in her garage which was just a small step down into the garage. She was unable to lift it. So she always had to wait until her husband was around for him to lift. Eventually, the vacuuming became his forever job. I hope you really enjoy your new toy. Happy Cleaning.

I was smart. I have Rosie. Named after the Jetson's maid. I got myself an iRobot. Does the job for me. I no longer have any carpeting in my apartment. And she works even better now. Never misses a bit of dirt.

Were thrilled that he's home. The dogs have been very careful with him, it's as though they instinctively knew where they had to be careful. Sophie couldn't wait to show him her new hide out bomb shelter.Where is she napping now?...The couch! :huh::LOL:

He's happy to finally be in his own bed. Loved all the modifications we did for him. Were happy that life is getting back to normal.It's been nice not to have those long drives everyday.We did it gladly.

Now it's all pretty much going in for check ups and P/T appmts.
He's doing well getting around the house on his own.

Munky Badger.

Very happy for all of you. I hope you haven't been inundated with unnecessary company and visitors.

Dawg, my girlfriend had a Dyson vacuum when they first came out. Like you she found it so heavy. She kept it in her garage which was just a small step down into the garage. She was unable to lift it. So she always had to wait until her husband was around for him to lift. Eventually, the vacuuming became his forever job. I hope you really enjoy your new toy. Happy Cleaning.

I was smart. I have Rosie. Named after the Jetson's maid. I got myself an iRobot. Does the job for me. I no longer have any carpeting in my apartment. And she works even better now. Never misses a bit of dirt.
It was Dawg's Eureka that was heavy. She replaced it with a light weight Dyson. I take it that this isn't like the heavy ones they brought out at first.

Very happy for all of you. I hope you haven't been inundated with unnecessary company and visitors.

Well, the neighbors found out. For the most part they've been pretty respectful. One was actually surprised when he answered the door.I slept right through the bell. :( I'm exhausted.

The ass.... neighbors behind us hired a live band again, I swear I can't stand Mariachi music anymore. Partied until late in the night. It's now an every weekend party!:mad:

Our adopted son and his wife were home for the weekend.He loved seeing them.But yesterday was just too much for him. 2 unexpected visitors. 2 expected. 1 of the unexpected came over late at night we were already in bed. It was nice of them to bring over some dinner for us. But please don't keep pushing yourself on us when our son says were in bed. The man has had heart surgery and a stroke, can he recover in peace?

He's easily tired.naps.I practically had to force feed him yesterday.
Then he got all snappy with me when I couldn't get his B/P cup adjusted on his arm correctly. I flat out told him to stop snapping at me, " I'm a Certified wife, NOT a Certified nurse!" That snapped him out of it.

He told me it's been hard relying on help just for small things.
Well geez what's a wife and family for anyways? Gave him a big hug.

He will eventually get back to where he was. He needs to learn patience.
Reminded him of how far he's already come.

Honey Badger's up early. I had better not see anyone walking up the pathway today. I'll head them off at the pass.

It's Sunday...Are they ready for the Badger?:ohmy::ermm:

Munky Badger.

You go, Munky Badger! Keep those people in line! And best wishes to you and your family. I know your hubby will recover well having all of you looking out for him :heart:

It was Dawg's Eureka that was heavy. She replaced it with a light weight Dyson. I take it that this isn't like the heavy ones they brought out at first.

You are correct, madam! The new Dyson is a stick blender, cordless vac. Very lightweight. I also have a Roomba, but it's been behaving oddly lately.

Well, I'm officially a redneck. Put a couple of 2x4s under the detached pulled off freezer door, duct taped up the sides, and lo and behold, the fridge light is now working! I will get a new one, but still researching. Very happy to have a next door neighbor with an empty freezer.

Last edited:
He's easily tired.naps.I practically had to force feed him yesterday.
Then he got all snappy with me when I couldn't get his B/P cup adjusted on his arm correctly. I flat out told him to stop snapping at me, " I'm a Certified wife, NOT a Certified nurse!" That snapped him out of it.

Wonderful response! Tell him, even nurses have a hard time with those stupid cuffs.

Get some rest, then get more rest!:closedeye

Wish me luck, I start rehab on Tuesday.:glare:

You are correct, madam! The new Dyson is a stick blender, cordless vac. Very lightweight. I also have a Roomba, but it's been behaving oddly lately.

Well, I'm officially a redneck. Put a couple of 2x4s under the detached pulled off freezer door, duct taped up the sides, and lo and behold, the fridge light is now working! I will get a new one, but still researching. Very happy to have a next door neighbor with an empty freezer.

Half a redneck if you didn't use a wire hanger, too!:LOL:

Half a redneck if you didn't use a wire hanger, too!:LOL:

May have to use one as a shim. Dang thing's door alarm keeps beeping periodically at me, I give the 2x4s another kick, and the light comes back on in the fridge. No more cooking by feel!

Good luck with rehab PF.

Don't let the fridge win, DG!

I can totally relate, Munky. It was the same when Dad came home.

I am nursing a tooth/sinus ache and trying to pack another box. This is just the clean-up for pictures before we list! I don't know where all this stuff came from. Thankfully we can store stuff at TB's brother's house. We may be living there if a place isn't ready where we want to buy when this place finally sells.

Yes, good luck with your rehab, PF!

So glad Mr. Munky is well on his way to recovery, Munky Badger!

Oh lord. Jeff Foxworthy has nothing on me. I'm a redneck. The (black) duct tape was not sticking, so the freezer open door alarm would beep every few minutes. I kept repositioning and resticking it. Finally I got sick of it and made DH find some rope in the garage, and we tied the dang door on. He says he tied a bowline knot, but it looks nothing like any bowline that I've ever seen, but who cares, it works. I thought we might have one of those ratchet belt things, but we don't. Would have to raid one of the neighbors' places.

Last edited:
OMG.. don't know how to respond to all of these posts!

You are all so funny!
Dawg, Princess, LBP... what can I say! LOL

I also agree with CG - be gentle with them in rehab!

Munky.. as GG has said,.. knock 'em down, get'm out, and rule!!!

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1476677307.368156.jpg

Isn't she lovely, isn't she marvelous...

The black stuff is duct tape. The white ropey stuff is rope. The brown things are pieces of 2x4s.

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone...now I hope I get a good therapist who has a sense of humor and is smart. If I'm really lucky they will like Star Wars AND Lord of the Rings.

PrincessFiona&0, dawgluver is no redneck... She is using duct ape, the ultimate survival tool, that is sophisticated. If only rope and plank, yes then redneck, but now she is a sophisticated lady. ;)

Back
Top Bottom