What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is s true story, a friend of ours was house sitting a house and cat and dog, they took the dog for a run at a dog park. This was the first day sitting while his friends were in Fiji. He assumed the dog would run into the park. But it ran the other way and got hit by a truck and killed. Dilemma!!! He rang another friend and consulted with him.
They decided they didn't want to ruin friends holiday so decided to wrap dog up and freeze it.
Don't know if I would have done that?? It was part of the family though. Havnt heard how it panned out yet.

Russ

Since you gave up the place you both owned a while back, what have you been doing for employment since?

Thought you might like to know. The City of Salem has finally realized what a boon to tourism Halloween is for the city. They have finally begun to plan and provide funds for the celebration each year. Your daughter would love it now. Try to plan your next vacation around Halloween one of these years before your daughter gets to old.

I work for a higher end retirement community, in the kitchen,. It's been a real change from having our own place,. There are specialty caterings & a small cafe where I am able to get creative sometimes. It was tough going at first but I'm starting to settle in.

Our daughter would absolutely love to go there, especially on Halloween. One of her favorite holidays. She's a sophomore in college now, smart as a whip & involved in everything. She's about 3 hours north of us.

Hope all is well with your son & daughter.:angel::angel::angel::angel:

3 weeks post op right knee replacement surgery. Today is the 2nd time I've driven. Just got home from the gym just did 4 light upper body weight machines & rode the nustep for an hour

Sounds like you are on the right track. Looking forward to seeing you win The Boston Marathon!

I work for a higher end retirement community, in the kitchen,. It's been a real change from having our own place,. There are specialty caterings & a small cafe where I am able to get creative sometimes. It was tough going at first but I'm starting to settle in.

Our daughter would absolutely love to go there, especially on Halloween. One of her favorite holidays. She's a sophomore in college now, smart as a whip & involved in everything. She's about 3 hours north of us.

Hope all is well with your son & daughter. :angel::angel::angel::angel:

Gosh, I remember when you posted about having her 14th birthday party.

Next weekend, my daughter will be coming over to spend the afternoon with me while we watch Mama Mia, Here We Go Again. In the meantime, I will have to plan on making some snacks other than popcorn.
Later today she is bringing me over a seafood delight. Haddock, clams, scallops, and shrimp cooked in a Marinara Sauce over Angel Hair pasta. A mini version of The Seven Fishes of Christmas. An Italian custom.

I am trying my hardest to learn to live with one leg. I am sure there is a secret to learning how to balance on one leg.

I'm sitting in the kitchen playing on the computer, watching college football...and watching another loaf of bread in my toaster oven. Once it's done, I'll get even lazier and sprawl on my chair and watch games in the living room with Himself.

DO NOT GO TO SALEM, Mass. for Halloween! EVER!

We've done that a few times over the years. The days leading up to the 30th were great. Fascinating historical sites to visit (I have a "bootleg" video of the inside on the House of 7 Gables. You're not supposed to make recordings inside).

But starting on the 30th of October, it turns into a madhouse of drunken, entitled, and spoiled college kids. It's pretty sad.

I would imagine most of the funds dedicated to the town for the holiday are for the police.

Addie,
If I’m prying too much, please let me know, and I’ll shut my trap! I think you’re coping heroically! You’d think I could give you some advice about balancing on one leg; that’s about what I did as a dancer for 25 years. But dancing is balancing on one leg for a short time then switching to other. You don’t have that option.

Have you spoken with your physicians and insurance company about a prosthetic?

Addie,
If I’m prying too much, please let me know, and I’ll shut my trap! I think you’re coping heroically! You’d think I could give you some advice about balancing on one leg; that’s about what I did as a dancer for 25 years. But dancing is balancing on one leg for a short time then switching to other. You don’t have that option.

Have you spoken with your phybsicians and insurance company about a prosthetic?

You were a dancer? My wife's besty has a son who is currently dancing for the Houston ballet company. He went to the Juilliard school first, quite an achievement for a lil Ol kiwi boy.

:cool::cool:

Russ

Addie,

Have you spoken with your physicians and insurance company about a prosthetic?

Yes I have. Just a few days ago. I also talked with the two people who lost both of their legs during the Boston Marathon Bombing. Learning to use prosthetic can be very painful. I will be 80 y.o. in a few months. Am I willing to go through all that pain? I don't think so. First off, I only weigh 75 pounds presently. And I think I am at the weight I am going to stay at. Not by choice though. I simply do not have the physical strength to go through all that training. I now also tire very easily. Just having to go in town to the hospital to keep a medical appointment requires a day of full rest the next day. So now the rule is "Only one appointment per day and only one every other day." Winthrop has been very good about that rule. Only because when they break that rule, they find me still in bed sleeping instead of being up and dressed.

One day I accused them of trying to kill me off so they wouldn't have to put up with all my ailments. My care is rather expensive. That brought them up short.

Pretty much nothing, and enjoying every sip bit of it. Yes, I am drinking wine, but right now it's an alcohol rubdown from the inside. I baked two loaves of bread in two days; today's loaf will be going to the neighbors across the street tomorrow, along with a half pint of apple butter from the two pints total made the other day. I also baked a small blackberry and peach pie tonight, made a real supper, did two loads of laundry, and did a bit of cleaning in the living room. I'm bushed. I'd make tomorrow an "All About Me" day, but we have errands to run. Himself can do the driving and I'll relax. :)

Getting ready to knit a new dog. I washed Beagle's blanket, and now I have more than enough fur in the washer, dryer, lint trap, as well as all the usual places.

Chopping veggies for a freezer dinner for my FIL and still wondering where the strings people like to peel are... 1121181453a.jpg

I am pretty sure that the little dots around the convex edges of those pieces are the ends of the strings. You just cut them short when chopping the celery.
Well yeah. Like London broil or skirt steak. Do people really cut off and discard that much of the celery? I mean, there's only about a third of the stalk left if you cut off that much :shock:

I'm gobsmacked [emoji38]

Last edited:
Lull between tasks. Watching Jeopardy. Made a chocolate cake and an apple pie today. getting ready to brine the turkey. Gotta hit the floor running tomorrow morning.

Well yeah. Like London broil or skirt steak. Do people really cut off and discard that much of the celery? I mean, there's only about a third of the stalk left if you cut off that much :shock:

I'm gobsmacked [emoji38]
That's why people tear them out. But, i can't be bothered. Even tearing them out seems to waste a lot of celery. It's never been a problem. Maybe, I'll give it another try for crudités some time.

Back
Top Bottom