What is Your Home Decor Theme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ours is decorated in "family"...pictures everywhere. Son's room is like an animal safari, our bedroom is animal print...and the our infamous "SNOWMAN" bathroom.

wow!!! we are honored to be invited into wasabi's looooove nest!!!!

:LOL: What can I say, I'm a scorpio.

Mish, those rooms are to die for. Beautiful.

wasabi said:
:LOL: What can I say, I'm a scorpio.
Me too:) Is this you?
[SIZE=+1]Traditional
Scorpio Traits
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic
[/SIZE]

On the dark side....

[SIZE=-1]Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate
[/SIZE]

I have a new chair to add to our decor. It's called "THE LOW RIDER, I've Fallen and I can't get up". Barbara voted for its name to be "HOW LOW CAN YOU GO" and (still call it chair !) :ohmy: :LOL:

We've followed somewhat of a nautical/tropical/coastal theme throughout, with a tiki bar in the basement. The living room and dining room are more of just a standard American look, with sofa, dark wood furniture, etc... The den has crabs in various places. The kitchen is light. The extra bath upstairs is tropical. The master bath has fish in it. The master itself is just a sanctuary.

tikibar2.jpg

Picture%20026.jpg

Picture%20027.jpg

This is all fun to read and look at. I'll have to borrow daughter's new digicam and take some pics of our cool bar in the basement (but yours is cooler, phinz) and other places. HH recently installed a gas fireplace in the basement (aka the Man Cave) and I'm pretty proud of the job he did.

I've also been thinking it would be fun if we all come clean and open the doors to our fridges and photograph the contents - NO staging!!

That would be fun Mudbug.. but.. Mines a messy mess! How about tomorrow after leftover night is over??

Phinz, my bedroom, in my old house, had the same green shade with burgandy and pink border. It sound awful, but, I matched the green from the border and it looked really good.

Last edited:
The family room has Southwestern pottery and Spanish paintings. The kids' loft has a safari theme with palm trees and animals (lots of elephants) and a Noah's Arch painting. The formal living room has a Paris theme with pictures and paintings of Paris and bronze statue clocks. The formal dining room was just painted in a ripe wheat color and has a French look incorporating some grapevine decor to go with the kitchen. The kitchen has recently been painted in a beautiful sage with grapes overflowing from Italian red pottery and wine bottles as an accent. I can't get pictures on here since I don't know how to reduce them. You can probably see some pictures through this website: http://groups.msn.com/cookingclubfamily/dinashappyfamilychelemom.msnw?albumlist=2

Last edited:
Pfshew!

Just "lost" first attempt!

I made a blog tonight: http://nswates.blogspot.com/

It has some pictures of my girls and some taken inside the house on Christmas day. They're not in the right order - you have to scroll down for the decor!

Decor: Just about everything I own is second hand! We're kind of old fashioned, but I don't care!

I came here on my own 12 years ago with literally just a suitcase. My husband and daughters had to wait almost 6 months (husband even longer) to get here (girls were 9, 7 and 5). We had zero dollars to spend on furniture...bought a car for $100 (1984 Buick Century) which went like a bomb (that's good) for 18 months.
A lot of the furniture I love - I polished it up with Old English Lemon Oil and Old English scratch remover.
Kitchen has sort of an African theme but I couldn't find a photo. It's small - black and white. The curtains I made from some really interesting material I brought back from South Africa last year - images of Bushman (the San people) cave paintings on off white muslin.

Sandy ;)

Sandy,
I love the furniture, my buffet and hutch are old and I polish with lemon oil..Now then, you have the most beautiful girls..They are stunning..You must be very proud not only of their looks but everything about them..My two boys are way to old and one is married or you'd have to beat them off with a stick:LOL:
Your tree was so pretty all bright and shiney with Christmas color..Lovely home and family..
kadesma:)

Thank you ladies - I like your homes too - they sound like they're pretty AND filled with love and happy memories. The girls are my joy. Roseanne is sitting next to me right now sighing "mooo-hom" (she wants the computer). See you! Sandy

pdswife said:
That would be fun Mudbug.. but.. Mines a messy mess! How about tomorrow after leftover night is over??
It sure would be fun:LOL: But after Cade scrounging the top shelves by climbing on the bottom shelf and Ethan yanking out veggies, jam, upturning a bottole of pickles and juice, AFTER he managed to open it, welll I don't think so:ROFLMAO: Where was I you ask, ehhh, changing a very messy diaper :ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Kadesma,

This is a little off topic, but you reminded me of something that happened when I was little. I don't remember it, but my mom told me about it. Early one morning, when my sister and I were around 2-4 years old (I'm the oldest), we got into the refrigerator and brought everything into the middle of the living room and dumped it all over the floor (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles, you name it). Just as she discovered us there with the mess, someone knocked at the door. It was her oldest brother and his wife, whom she hadn't seen in a few years! I think he saved our lives! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

:) Barbara

I suspect they did save something, most likely your bottoms:LOL: Barb, off topic or not you've made me howl with laughter and also remember the mess my two boys made when I went grocery chopping and dear old dad baby slept:LOL: They opened up the cabnit under the sink, I kept the glass coke return bottles there, as daddy slept they played bowling!!!! Used a soft ball and lord knows what else, but broke every bottle in that cabnit..Dad slept right through it..Didn't wake up til I came home and really raised the roof!!!
Needless to say, he never did that again, sleep or baby sit:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Ouch! That had to be a mess to clean up kadesma! My mom had to go through another incident with my cousin (he and his mom lived with us for awhile). Dan was a toddler at the time. He dumped all of my mom's perfume into her underwear drawer! :sick:

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom