What is Your Home Decor Theme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTamale

Senior Cook
img_211990_0_71e95b975038de8d604ee4e4371499b7.gif
Southwestern Theme @ Mi' Casa (My House)

I Love anything Indian and Southwestern, the more "Rustic" the Better!...
The only place in My House, that's NOT Southwest...The Garage!!!:LOL:

What Decor Theme is your House?
img_211990_1_a39fd1557228b9537c432788667f7411.gif

Mine is different in the living room than the kitchen. Those are the only 2 rooms that have a theme. My bedroom is next.

Living room is Southwest and Wildlife.
Kitchen is Lighthouses.

Last edited:
Don't know as we have a theme, but house is more long ranch outside, kitchen we plan to remodel I want more work space, but will stay with my cafe aulait walls and white trim and white shuttered windows, terra cotta colored and cream floor, Family room is long floor to slanted ceiling fire place with raised hearth along one wall new wood floor going in soon, sofa and chair are leather (chocolate brown) and wood coffe table kind of an art deco oval of wood and brown marble as is the end table, and sofa table lamp is marble a and cream shade and one floor lamp kind of 30's as wellantique gold curtain over sliding doors..living room is rather asian style upholestry of teal blue and a soft peach on light peach carpet, rest of the house is pure comfort,,nothing fancy at allenty is large brown til floor, dinning room, has a planked with stud nails floor 3 long up and down windows, lace curtains an old old buffet and a curio cabnit with my bell collection...Hutch that goes with buffet is in entry facing you as you enter..That's us, we kind of just put in things that kids, and our dog could be with us and we wouldn't have to worry..Our home is come in relax, put your feet up and lets eat and talk:LOL:

kadesma:)

TexasTamale said:
Loved your Stuff Tex! On a Christmas Thread, you had a Pic of the Livingroom...it was very Nice, and I said to myself...."My kinda Girl"
img_212011_0_9474d4f03dcdaa71f03a4acdbfb656a4.gif

:LOL: We've run out of room to put stuff and I keep finding more that I want. I'm addicted to a website that everything there is $14.99. The dream catchers were $14.99 for the pair.

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 195
  • cow head.jpg
    cow head.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 171
  • dream1.jpg
    dream1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 177
  • dream2.jpg
    dream2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 182
Our theme for the whole house is BORING! With a little country added to the kitchen.

Light brown walls and carpets in most of the rooms. The entry way, guestbath, main hallway, kitchen and kitchen nook are oak hardwoods.

The big lights over the kitchen table, dinningroom table and in the entry way are black iron with white frosted globes. Well, they are not globes.. more like bell shaped glass. The dinning room has white chair rails and the lower parts of the walls in there have white wanescoating.

All the windows have the white molding also.

It's a big beautiful house but... after living here for three years we've yet to decorate in any way. Three pictures are hung and we put white wood blinds in two of the bedrooms and UGLY curtains in the master and the other bedroom. BORING!!!!!!! Our Bedroom has a very nice cherry set in it and the dinning room has Paul's piano and our oak dinning set in it... the rest of the furniture is old and falling apart and really needs to be replaced.
And we'll do it all some day but we seem to spend all our money on more important things. It's a little embarrassing once in awhile when we have people over but... for the most part it's home. And we love it!

Living room is Hawaiian-tropical. Rattan living room set with bamboo and palm accent pieces with a smattering of dog toys here and there. I will not show a pic because it's a mess right now.

Bedroom is oriental- Red and black-
img_212072_0_d05f2930fef159f488cc5cead17f51bf.jpg

Here is Mama=San and Papa-San-
img_212072_1_9dd2c0fb4a1ff97f8037a91b2f58d8b5.jpg

Here is DH's Samurai sword.(no snickering,lol.)-
img_212072_2_bed53ecc6dae44390a315119ba54b7ae.jpg

Bathroom is fern decor-
img_212072_3_89d557ca50156bae36a43cb1be8d1624.jpg

Kitchen is fishes. This is one wall-
img_212072_4_4483fc52eff32961d06afae8ea9f48d1.jpg

So is my humble grass shack.

Wasabi! I love that headboard and bedspread!!

Our's is somewhere between Salvation Army and Goodwill. :mrgreen:

We have a chair that should have been tossed out in 1981 (actually it was, that's how we got it).

wow!!! we are honored to be invited into wasabi's looooove nest!!!!:cool:

what you can't see is the "abandon all hope, ye who enter here" sign over the doorway... (right next to the ceiling mirror...)

my house used to be a lot of light colored wood, mostly maple, and soft browns, beige and green, loaded with house plants and tons of artsy crafty stuff picked up at craft fairs on sundays. lots and lots of original ceramics, glass and other sculptures, and enough dried flowers to choke a hippo.

then we had my son.

now the decor is padded corners, latches on everything, sesame street, barney, miss spider, nemo, oobi (i just ordered a set of eyes), little people, little tykes, fisher price, gund, ty, russ berrie, etc...

watch your step or you might crush bert. who's ernie going to date then?

Last edited:
Our theme is suburban de-construction...

Nothing like a torn out wall in the living room to spark conversations!! :ROFLMAO:

See, there was panneling on one wall that looked awful..
So before we repainted the room we wanted to take down the panneling...
Behind the panneling was an 86 year old plaster wall that was crumbling and a bunch of holes in it, so we took that down too!
Now while it's out and I can get to them, I need to re-do some of the wiring...
While they're exposed it's also probably a good time to re-do the heating ducts in the room, so we'll do those, too!
This was also the wall that has the fireplace, so we tore out the cheap mantle they had put in, so we'll have to replace that, too...
Then I'm planning on putting some lighting in with the new crown molding that we're going to get (more wiring)
Then we'll hang the new drywall...
Then we'll paint..
Then we'll install the new crown molding with lighting..
And then NEXT YEAR, we'll start remodeling another room! :mrgreen:

So currently, the room is decorated with power tools and implements of destruction...

John

i don't really have a theme in my house... yet !!
except for my bathroom, that's dolphins.

right now my living room is all odds and ends,
with a majority of my wolf and unicorn knickknacks.

still thinking about something for the kitchen.

my bedroom... when we're done with the kitchen,
i migt get to that lol

Your decor is supposed to have a theme?

I guess the theme for our house is "I like that, let's get it"

My 'theme' is color me beige and take off your shoes j/k.

The living room - Modern/contemporary - almond leather sofa, love seat chair w geisha/samurais (sp?) throw pillows , glass kidney shaped(?) coffee table, black orientalish area rug (w splashes of pink & green), glass backlit etageres(?) that house the tv, stereo etc.

Master - Asian - beige/black/red - bamboo beaded curtains w black tab panels - thinking about painting one wall red.

Dining room - Erte-ish/art deco-ish chandelier, black & brass chairs, glass dining table, hexagon shaped wall mirror w etched calla lilies.

Bath - black & white retro-ish, chrome & glass.

Kitchen - light wood and white walls.

It sounds better on paper, lol. Need to paint and change flooring. Didn't make any upgrades since I bought it, as I knew I didn't want to stay... so for now, I'll only put money into what I can take with me. Would like to make over the LR and this is somewhat along the line of what I have in mind... shoji screens, & more green stuff, perhaps some black lacquer (?), & would love recessed lighting; and if I could, bamboo flooring.

Last edited:
This is similar to what I had in mind re shoji lamps, bamboo table, metallic look on one of the walls, up-lights & bamboo plants - but way more seating. I can dream, right?

That would be cool Mish! I like asian. It's down to earth,simple and clean. DH doesn't like it though. He's more rustic.

texasgirl said:
That would be cool Mish! I like asian. It's down to earth,simple and clean. DH doesn't like it though. He's more rustic.

Thanks, texas. Wish I had several abodes to decorate. Hate clutter, & like simple & and clean lines. Have a few things from Ikea... but too much Ikea and Pier One makes me queasy.

Back
Top Bottom