"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Condiments
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #41
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,897
At the grocery today, I found some of the Maggi sauce that MsM has in her fridge door. I like it a lot, used some on my steak tonight. Drat, now I have to find a hole in one of the shelves to store it. Ahhh Haaaaa........combining mustard jars to make room.
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #42
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
At the grocery today, I found some of the Maggi sauce that MsM has in her fridge door. I like it a lot, used some on my steak tonight. Drat, now I have to find a hole in one of the shelves to store it. Ahhh Haaaaa........combining mustard jars to make room.
Thats how we got hooked on Maggi!! A favorite steak house puts it on their sizzling steaks and just about everything. I love it!! I put a small amount in my salad dressing and I put it in my steak dipping sauce also. Glad you like it.
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Dashi .......
__________________
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722
Fish sauce, dill sauce, herring in wine sauce, duck sauce, Everything else is pretty normal.
__________________
joesfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #45
Master Chef
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 9,897
How could I forget to add my bottle of Balsamic Glaze? I LOVE this stuff.

check it out.....

Balsamic - Roland Balsamic Glaze 12.9 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #46
Flour Child
 
mollyanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,406
During the Holiday onslaught of family visitors, my vegan daughter left some Thai Red Curry Paste and my other daughter left 5 beerbottles of Pumpkin Ale she thought was "cool" and bought for her boyfriend...none of us drink beer so there it still is...minus one he tasted.

Thanks for this thread, kayelle, or I never would've known half of what's there

I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good.
__________________


. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #47
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
I got Better Than Boullion Beef Base I made for my chili.
__________________
kalliela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #48
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wine Country
Posts: 8
Calamansi -soy sauce (that lime and soy combo is great).
And the two "must haves" for Chicken Adobo are Datu Puti brand "plain" soy sauce and coconut vinegar. I also have Marionberry-chipotle sauce, plain chipotle, both green & red tabasco, a few kinds of horseradish and three kinds of mustard. Other condiments go to the back of a regular shelf in the pantry refrig.
__________________
Cookee. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #49
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
During the Holiday onslaught of family visitors, my vegan daughter left some Thai Red Curry Paste and my other daughter left 5 beerbottles of Pumpkin Ale she thought was "cool" and bought for her boyfriend...none of us drink beer so there it still is...minus one he tasted.

Thanks for this thread, kayelle, or I never would've known half of what's there

I still have Lemon Curd on my refrigerator door from Trader Joe's...a little goes a long way and I can't think of what to do with it other than spread it on toast. I did stick some in aebleskivers at christmastime. that was good.
Spread on French Toast...wonderful. Stir into some thawed blueberries and put on top of angel food or short cakes.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #50
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Spread on French Toast...wonderful. Stir into some thawed blueberries and put on top of angel food or short cakes.

Lemon curd is a great topping for vanilla ice cream.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.