Peanuts In Your Coke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, Uncle Bob, I used to do that but haven't done it in a long time. Just got out of the habit of it. When I did it with folks who were unfamiliar with it, I always got a weird look. I didn't think it was so unusual.

As for unusual, I also like to crunch up potato chips in vanilla ice cream, spread applesauce and cinnamon on white bread, and one of my favorites is ice cold beer and M&M's. Not putting the candy in the beer like peanuts in Coke, just eating them along with the beer.

Growing up everyone did that. I haven't in a long time because as I got older I started liking soft drinks less and less-still love peanuts. Thanks for the memory.

I've heard of it, but only recently. Actually it was in a book I read. The Secret Life of Bees, highly reccommended in case you haven't seen the other thread I posted it in!

Wow I'm really plugging this book, aren't I? Lol.

But back on topic. . . I have yet to try this. What do you do? Just put plain old peanuts in a bottle of coke and eat/drink them together? Hmmmm I'll have to experiment with this.

CherryRed said:
I've heard of it, but only recently. Actually it was in a book I read. The Secret Life of Bees, highly reccommended in case you haven't seen the other thread I posted it in!

Wow I'm really plugging this book, aren't I? Lol.

But back on topic. . . I have yet to try this. What do you do? Just put plain old peanuts in a bottle of coke and eat/drink them together? Hmmmm I'll have to experiment with this.

Miss Cherry Red...

Drink a couple of swallows out of a bottled Coke. Pour in a small bag of salted peanuts and.......

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Thanks for a blast from the past, Uncle Bob!!!! I don't drink coke anymore, so.... We used to do it as kids. Put some peanuts in the coke bottle (back when they had those little bottles), stick your thumb in the top and give it a good shake!!!:ROFLMAO:

I have never heard of this. Do you do it for the taste or is there another reason (like mentos with coke)?

Do you have to take them out of the shell first?

Don't answer that.

I've never heard of this. Love chocolate along with beer though, like Katie mentioned. That ranks right up there with pretzels and milk, or Dr Pepper and white bread.

With apologoies to Tug McGraw's kid:

Don't you remember
The fizz in a pepper
Peanuts in a bottle
At ten, two and four

Okay, all you poor uninformed souls, here's how it's done. First, you buy a nice ice cold bottle of Coke. Pepsi, Royal Crown, etc. don't count. Gotta be Coke. Then, buy a 5-cent package of salted peanuts. Lance used to make them. Open the coke. Pour in the peanuts and have a great time.

Yeah, I said 5-cent package of peanuts, but that was "back in the day" when you could also buy a Coke for 5 cents.

I've never heard of this. I don't drink coke anymore though. Not sure I would like a peanut in my soda either, probably choke on it. I was thinking like GB, salt with the coke might create a mentos experience :LOL:

amber said:
I've never heard of this. I don't drink coke anymore though. Not sure I would like a peanut in my soda either, probably choke on it. I was thinking like GB, salt with the coke might create a mentos experience :LOL:

Miss Amber ya want choke! Ya take a swig and chew the peanuts up!:LOL:

Yep Miss Katie for a Dime ya could have a blast!!;)

Back
Top Bottom