What's for Dinner Saturday May 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am planning on making pesto, 2 cheeses, and tomato calzones with a fresh spinach salad for me and steamed spinach with balsamic vinegar for dh.

I am not fond of cooked spinach as a side. But I am looking forward to my first fresh spinach salad of the season:), will try to make bacon, hard cooked eggs, roasted walnuts, raisins and already have made the raspberry vinaigrette yesterday;)

My BF and I are going to his Aunt's house for dinner. No special occasion... just that we haven't had dinner together in awhile. His two cousins will be there also. I have no idea what she is having. She recently had hip surgery, so I'm sure his cousin Lisa will be preparing something delicious. She's a pastry chef, but makes fantastic meals too! I'll have to come back and let you know tonight.

I rarely eat out anymore, but I'm thinking about walking the dog down to a taqueria a few blocks away. It's just a little taco stand with some tables outside. They have good tacos de lengua, but it's Saturday and on the weekends they make great menudo. :)

Bourbon --- Blanton's Single Barrel ------
Mississippi Pond Raised Catfish Filets..Golden fried in Peanut Oil ------
Shrimp Hush Puppies...Fried light and Fluffy in Peanut Oil ------
Tangy/Sweet Slaw -------
Sweet Potato Fries -------
Chocolate Ice Cream ------

For tonight's dinner I am making Pad Thai with shrimp. I haven't made this in a while and have been craving it.

Bourbon --- Blanton's Single Barrel ------
Mississippi Pond Raised Catfish Filets..Golden fried in Peanut Oil ------
Shrimp Hush Puppies...Fried light and Fluffy in Peanut Oil ------
Tangy/Sweet Slaw -------
Sweet Potato Fries -------
Chocolate Ice Cream ------

We're going to friends for dinner, but I think I'd like what UB is having.

Hey, that's an idea Uncle Bob... catfish Vietnamese style po' boy sandwich!
Course that Meat Lover pizza with added goodies is sounding good too.
then again, maybe its burger night or spaghetti night..

gosh, what IS for dinner?

I think I'd like to head over to UB's for that single barrel.
But over here if the rain allows we're having BBQ chix on the grill. Loves me some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Au gratin potatoes and Le Sueur peas.

I "created" a Mexi-style casserole yesterday, put most of it in the freezer, but there's enough for tonight's supper. Lots of stuff in it, which makes a meal in a pan. I'll have chocolate cake again for dessert.

Gettin' ready to pour a mint julep to drink as I watch the Derby on TV.

Pizza: pepperoni, sausage, green pepper, Italian blend of white shredded cheese...

I guess I probably can't make it to Uncle Bob's in time for dinner. Shucks. I'm making some spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage (a rare find). We'll have it with a mixed green salad and some brownies for dessert. (But I'd rather be eating catfish and shrimp hush puppies).

We had pork tenderloin, fresh corn on the cob, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce and sliced tomatoes. Gs had ice cream with chocolate sauce and lady fingers for dessert, dh and I had coffee.

I grilled lamb kabobs with grilled veggies in a grilling basket, Greek salad and a nice bottle of red wine.; chocolate chip cookies in the oven right now!

Uncle Bob's dinner sounds fantastic!

Plans changed for tonight. I'm not hungry at the moment. Plus I made myself a drink. It a dreary, rainy night here in Washington... so, I'm just relaxing. I have a busy day tomorrow.

If I have anything, it'll be a salad or a turkey sandwich.

I had an excellent dinner tonight!
Asian braised pork rips garnished with caramalized cayenne pineapple, served with an asian slaw.
for dessert I had some ice cream and fresh berries! it was all VERY delicious

Back
Top Bottom